Comics Marvel and DC..

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by KaMeKaZi, Aug 19, 2002.

1. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Well its not Manga but its american Comics..

so who reads them, who is your favorite characters.. and who can beat who in a match.. !

KaMe

2. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Deadpool!

At least I think he's in one of them. Better be. o_O

Either way, Deadpool can beat anyone. :p

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Errr...I liked Gambit. Deadpool's awesome. So was Deathlok. Wolverine, in his "japanese" brown and yellow suit (he just seemed much more of a badass in that timeframe). The Thing. Bullseye was crazy, but he was more human than a lot of the people there. Well, actually, Hawkeye is exactly the same as him...so...those two count. All they can do is aim well!

And just to go with my streak of loveable maniacs...Warlock! He was awesome. He was even crazier than Thanos, who courted Death as his mistress...literally. It just goes to show you, even tight-spandex wearing superheroes that look gold...have a deep and purple looking hatred to them.

And if Barney's ALREADY purple..what's his good side!?!?! ACK! :D

4. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I haven't actualy read any of the comics, but I like the X-Men. Wolverine, Archangel, Collossus, Nightcrawler, many others beside. I especialy like Archangel afterhe turns into that cyborg thingy, he looked cool. I even got an action figure of him.

5. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

Well, I use to collect a lot of Marvel comics before. My favorite is Gambit and Iceman. I have a lot of X-Men comics before.

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i have a crap loads of comics. wish i would have gotten more into the dc stuff tho....like batman...or batgirl...tho, if you haven't read preacher, hunt it down! that is so good.(it's written by an irish athest! *^-^*) and well, it's damn funny...and i wanna know what cassidy's name means,.,,,it's like proinissa or something...i'll look it up one of these days....

and well, i think cass could kick anyones butt. he is a vampire after all. *^-^*

but i have a load of marvel stuff...mainly x-men stuff.
    and every single book to the age of a pocalypse thingie...

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

BBerry, I love you! Age of Apocalypse was AWESOME. I was ridiculed by the GODS I swear, because I saw the gold-cover edition for 30 bucks when it came out...but wasn't allowed to buy it because I only had 20 in my wallet! [Insert Tendo Soun wail #12389 - I wish I bought that comic but couldn't because I'm pathetic and Genma stole my money.]

Anyway, yeah, AoA was awesome. Especially cuz Blink was still alive! She was one of my favorites when she came, but she was only in what? Three or four comics? :(

8. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

I used to have like one issue of Age of Apocalypse, and damn that kicked ***. x_x Blink was sweet, and I loved Kurt (Nightcrawler), he was awesome.

9. Deathscythe

Deathscythe New Member

gotta love marvel because of some of the mutations like Spiderman bitten by a radioactive spider, and the X-MEN who were born as mutants. I say that DC relies on non mutants and marvel relies on mutants

10. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Well DC has some cool characters but there stories are somewhat boring.. Personaly Im a THOR fan.. Frankly he can kick anyones ***.. the only weakness he had was if he lost his hammer for more the one minute. But for the most part no one could seriously beat him.. And Berserker Hulk.. Berserker Hulk rules.. because he will kick anyones ***.. and for Villians. Marvel has the coolest villian of them all THANOS.. the only reason he ever lost any of his battles is because he got bored and let the heroes beat him... (i even have a comic somehwere that says it..)

KaMe

11. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

That was the Old-school Thor, right? The Best Thor I remember was when Loki (his bro in Asgard) turned him into a frog. I didn't see much of that one, but that was pretty funny.

The three Riders are pretty cool too. Errr...Zanathos (was that his name?), Ghost Rider, and John Blaze. oooOOOooo...Harley's on fire wheels!!!

12. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

well its been a while since i read thor.. sorta got out of comics when i moved to a place that had no comic shop.. but the old thor changed to the doctor.. and I think the NEW thor.. the stuff thats out right now he also changes into someone else.. but for a while they made it so he did not change into anyone. Which was the best.. but anyway

KaMe

13. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

gold cover...<droolo> want....bad...ed....want....

on the plus side, i have the age of AoA wolverine card *^-^* the one that comes in the foil wrapped cards shoved nicely into the issues....ugh...read it in the wizard version of the one x-men comic, and the next comic i look at(wolverine) has the card...lol

yes, dc does rely on human/aliens, but soem of their stuff is neat...

i guess i liked blink in the beginning, and still do, just so long as i don't have to deal with how much every one adores her...and wants her to become the next marvel death...you know, come back....<sigh> leave her dead...tho, they really do need to stop killing off the neat characters...and they need generation x to get back to it's quirky beginnings...when it was funny and dam,n good...

14. Vash

Vash New Member

I think the best superhero comic currently running would have to be Toyfare's Twisted Mego Theatre. Spidey is definitely the coolest. Thor is mecha entertaining, as is Hulk.
    The only 'American' comics I'm still getting are The Filth and the Transmetropolitan graphics.

15. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I agree with the Blink thing. I mean, if they keep bringing her back into the timeline, there's gonna be so many different Blinks that I'm not going to know WHO to like! But, still, she pretty much ended the Phalanx saga on the Generation X side. Oh, I've got a gold cover WeaponX graphic novel! Saw it at Barnes and Noble and just marched straight on up the counter! Pierce was a cool lunatic! And the best part (or what I think is...) is that Carol Danvers made an appearance!

For those not in the know, Carol is the original Marvel Girl. Or, the girl that Rogue stole her powers from. In AoA, she's a military spook that "smells o' kerosense, gunpowder and chanel no. 9." Ahhhh Logan, even in a world full of death and depression...he still manages some nifty one liners. :D

16. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

no reason he wouldn't, remember, it was all the same up until a point, so it had already been ingrained in him to be a smart ***. *^-^*

and well, yeah many american comics suck. mainly cause they're all the same thing done in really stupid ways...all the orignial ideas for some of this stuff was been run into a casm. it the original stuff that does good, like said book Preacher(about a priest out to find God and tell him to get back to work...), and Just a Pilgrim...about an apolyptic future where a group of survivers saviour is a former cannible. think something like fist of the north star, only not as stupid. and then make it westernish. *^-^*

17. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

this is funny.. im on Marvel.com and have thor's Bio.. As Olson his is 150lbs.. but as Thor his is over 640 lbs... What does he eat in the moring...

KAMe

18. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Thor's weight's all in the hair man. Ya think blondes are airheads? Well there's the proof. They're as dense as lead! Oh, I'm just kidding. Really, I didn't mean to offend any of you blonde people here. I was blonde myself for six months.

Thor's supposedly ALL muscle. ALL. Even his musclefat has muscles. And maybe that helmet's just made of SOMETHING. Hehe...

19. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

haha. Well in my opinion if you took all the characters of the marvel universe in a head to head battle.. i think the top three would end up being between the

Incredibel Hulk, Thor and the Silver surfer..

I think they are the three most powerfull super hero's.

KaMe

20. n15pca

n15pca New Member

Marvel all the way. Just about any marvel person could wipe out any de person. With superman being the only one that would have a change!!! :p