Manga Megatokoyo

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by yueh_arisen, Oct 18, 2002.

1. yueh_arisen

yueh_arisen New Member

I havent seen this discussed yet ;) so i'll start it, i dont see this going into comics, since if you read it, it even looks like manga, (its also coming to stores as manga) so i KNOW it doesnt go into comics, anyway, go here, www.megatokyo.com , a tell me what you think :D i thought the whole thing was great, Piro is the ultimate person:p too bad hes not a she, then i'd try to make a fembot......again....Sakura was a failure....:shy3:

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I've always been more of a fan of the Largo/Boo teamup...:p But Piro can be cool, too...when he's not brooding on himself (which he does often). Largo is just too damn stupid and funny...he reminds me of Kramer from Seinfeld - spontaneous, not-quite-all-there, but somehow pulls everything off.

3. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Yeah, I seeeeeen it(ph33r teh injoke, f0r it are m1gh7y). Megatokyo is cool. I don't know which of the characters is my favourite, they're all good. It's annoying how it's not updated very frequently though, not that I'm blaming Piro or anything, it just makes it harder to get into the story. I can't even remember most of the character's names.

4. yueh_arisen

yueh_arisen New Member

hmmmm? its updated Ever Monday, wednsay and Friday!, how is that not good?

does anyone know of any other Online Comics? i know of, Machall, Megatokyo, Dragonball TM, and Exploitation now, thats pretty much all.....

5. yueh_arisen

yueh_arisen New Member

Whats Trinity College?

got a link? Megatokyo Issue one Manga is coming out VERY soon:p it gonna be 10-25$ though....THAT BLOWS.......

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

well, you're a real fan, that isn't so bad for a paper copy. and well, the three day update is ok...better when they put it up every day...heh or when largo was involved in it...mind, fred knows the story and all, but rodney added a lot of the game references that every one enjoyed. *^-^*

7. yueh_arisen

yueh_arisen New Member

If your talking about megatokyo, the Graphic Novel Thats coming out, itl have 700pages or so, maybe more:D im probably gonna buy it as soon as i can:p

8. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

maybe he'll do something like what penny aracade did, and put in some major commentary about the strips/story stuff. and hopefully go thru a better company...i should scan the back cover of my PA book...sigh...

9. Odin

Odin Member

Yueh . . . the megatokyo graphic novel will most definitely NOT have 700+ pages, considering there aren't even 400 comics to date (and this graphic novel will only be chapter 0 of the series), and I doubt Mr. Gallagher will be providing us with over 300 pages of original artwork.

Unless, well, he does . . . then I'm wrong.

The book is only about 10 dollars from studio ironcat (www.studioironcat.com).

BTW, while Fred Gallagher's drawings are definitely manga-style, I hold the firm opinion that it will NEVER, EVER, EVER, no matter how good the comic is, be manga. Why? Because manga means JAPANESE COMICS. Just like how anime is Japanese Animation, and no matter how much an American cartoon could be drawn in the anime style and look just like it, it will NEVER truly be anime. Fred . . . isn't . . . Japanese. He draws really well though ^_^

With all of that aside, I'm a regular reader of "Megatokyo," "Real Life Comics," "MacHall," and "Ozy and Millie."

My favorite character is probably Seraphim. She's the only character with any real sense, besides maybe Kimiko's sister. But that's just my opinion.
    -Odin

10. yueh_arisen

yueh_arisen New Member

yes, yes, young fool i was ^_^ i wasnt keeping track of the pages, (BTW, Piro (fred) proposed to Seraphim (sarah) ^_^ at 0ne of the con's, but i cant remember which one :glazed: although he's not manga, i didnt wana put this under comics, ^_^

11. Odin

Odin Member

Understood! I hope my post didn't produce any hard feelings.

I highly admire Fred's skills as an artist . . . especially his talent in emulating the japanese style of comics. I hope to see him speak again at this year's Anime Central.

I am also REALLY looking forward to the rest of the Megatokyo Graphic Novels . . .

btw, he proposed at Ohayocon.
    -Odin

12. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Hey, finally a thread I can relate to has been bumped up! (And finally I see someone else using a MegaTokyo avatar, even though I'm trying to get my custom avatar.) I've been reading MegaTokyo since the page where Largo is portraying Neverwinter Nights as a race car (http://www.megatokyo.com/index.php?strip_id=66 ).

I preordered the book version in early December, and it finally arrived...1 1/2 weeks ago! I'm pissed that more than 5 weeks ago, some local comic shops already had it before me! :anger2: But it's a great buy if you like the web version. I love the commentary under each page, plus it feels so good to be able to carry around the book with me.

13. shiochan

shiochan New Member

megatokyo is my god! largo is my teacher I learned l33t from megatokyo, ping is sooo cute so is miho she is cool,but none of my friends like megatokyo im like the only one in my school!

[​IMG]

14. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

That's too bad. Let them miss out! I love liking something that hardly anyone else likes.

Did anyone buy the second book yet? I didn't have a chance to preorder it yet, and last I checked Iron Cat, they didn't have it anymore.

15. Odin

Odin Member

I'm just going to wait things out to get the second book. Actually, it wasn't until last weekend that I picked up the first one at a local Waldenbooks store (I was so surprised to see it there!).
    -Odin

16. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

For reals? Back in February, there was one copy in this lil yet popular comic shop on Oahu. I was tempted to buy it already, but I already preordered the book. :anger:

Now Piro says there's something up with the second book, and in a week or so Iron Cat is gonna bust out news about what's going on with the orders for it.

17. minjigga

minjigga New Member

ive heard the second book is already out. ive seen it on amazon.com and other online book stores. its called sumthing about "dont ferget to quite before you quit" er sumthing. it had a real cool cover too.
    and i still have the megatokyo book on my to buy list. ill get it soon enough. cause the manga is amazing. love it. great art too.

18. MrPig

MrPig New Member

MT is cool, but right now im more into 8-bit and TSC. Check the links if you havent seen them

8-bit Theatre
    Tsunami Channel

... Vivi with a Johnny Bravo character is fkn hilarious :D