Movies Mel's Passions.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by chiquitabanana, Feb 13, 2004.

?

What do you think about the movie?

1. Hate it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Love it

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Just dont care

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

Love it or hate it most people have a thought on his big contreversial film so I want to know what you happen to think about it..

2. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

another bad film by another bad actor? .. haven't seen it and I don't want to.. it's a publicity stunt by mellie boy to get his name in the papers again and to spark up a lil bit on controversy. there's no such thing as bad publicity.

3. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

I'm going to stay neutral on this movie. I do have an interest in seeing it from a catholic's point of view. I have seen all the other Jesus life stories made to films, so I think I need to give this version a chance.

Once I see it, I will be able to give a more emotional review.

Victor

4. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

reviews aren't meant to be emotional... they're meant to be critical..

5. VM1070

That statement is only partly true.

If a critic loves a movie, he is going to give it a great review. If that same critic hates the movie, he will find everything wrong with it that he possibly could.

So, in a sense, there needs to be some emotions involved when formulating a review of any topic.

Victor

6. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

just because that's the way it often is, doesn't mean it's the way it should be. there are very few really good critics in the world.

7. VM1070

I never said critics were good. There have been a lot of movies that the critics insisted were garbage and viewers shouldnt waste their time, and those movies turned out to be the ones making the most money in the box office.

Victor

8. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

I actually want to see this movie, it looks pretty good from what I've scene and I want to learn more about it. I found out that the main character was struck by lightning when they were shooting a scene. ROFL. So I really want to see it and see the actor.

9. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

I love Mel, and I think he has the right to make whatever he wants. Considering some of the other things out there it isn't that bad.

10. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

Sorry I didn't finish what I was trying to say, I had to go somewhere.

What I meant was that compared to some movies out there, The Passion is not that offensive to me.

I would like to see it for curiosity sake.

Beyond the obvious reasons it may be offensive to some, I heard there was so much controversy was over how he made the Jews look bad in it. People make others look bad all the time so I see no big problem. No one ever complains that movies make the Romans look bad.

11. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Raven: yeah Jim Caviezel was struck by lightning while filming the sermon on the mount. I hope there's a Making Of with some footage of that hehe.

Also, in the scene where he gets whipped, he had a board on his back that the guy wiith the whip was supposed to hit. He managed to miss a couple times (and left Caviezel with a 14 inch scar). Could also be a fun outtake. I wonder if Mel had the guy with the whip do that on purpose so he could get a good take lol

The thing that surprises me about this movie is how all the born again baptist types are raving about it. Have they forgotten it's made by a catholic? I think Jack T. Chick might have something to say about this..

12. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

Poor Jim.... he really must suck as an actor to make God himself torture him for playing his son.

13. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I heard something really crazy about this movie! It's a huge spoiler. And I got really upset when I heard it. But I'll see the movie anyways.
    Jesus Dies at the End!

I saw quite a few interviews on EWTN with Mel and Jim but I didnt know about the lightning bit. That's crazy. I can't wait to hear the music and read the subtitles/hear Aramaic and Latin! and just see the movie Mel put his whole heart into.

14. Amber Sunset

Amber Sunset New Member

I want to see it. It's just that I get a little queasy with blood and the movie is supposed to be very graphic. But I saw a preview and it gave me the chills...I want to see it even more now! :anime:

15. VM1070

I watched most of the interview with Mel and Diane Sawyer--after that, I need to see this moive even more.

I am very curious to see how it all finishes out. Everyone is critizing the film, but has anyone really given it a chance.

I like best when Mel whipped out the letter from the Pope given Mel his approval after getting a viewing of the film, than all of a sudden--the Vatican denounces that ever happen. But there is good old Mel holding up the letter with the big guys seal of approval.

I love when this stuff happens.

Victor

16. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

17. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I went to see the movie yesterday! There was nothing bad with it.. And after watching it I don't have any negative feelings towards Jewish people. I thought the little demon kids were funny and Satan looked and acted a lot like Orochimaru in Naruto. I thought it was nice how this movie showed more of Mary's role.. Actually I thought it was the best portrayal of the Crucifixion, better than Jesus Christ Superstar ;) It was painful to see him getting whipped and the nails being driven into his hands..ouch.

18. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

I saw the movie the other day with my sister, we ended up crying the whole time, its very touching and i suggest it for anyone really, even though im not christian.

19. Dante

Dante New Member

I'm up to seeing any movie that has some half-decent violence and something to do with Judas and/or Satan. :D And controversy, of course. So would be willing to see it for those reasons. :p After all, I need a laugh.

And, as I saw someone else say... "They weren't struck by lighting. They were smote. There's a difference." :p

20. Saiyan ChiChi

Saiyan ChiChi New Member

I heard it's a great movie. It's not easy to get into see it where I live because everyone wants to see it.