Movies Mel's Passions.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by chiquitabanana, Feb 13, 2004.

?

What do you think about the movie?

1. Hate it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Love it

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Just dont care

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

I saw it this past weekend, and with me being a hard judge on movies, I say it was a pretty good movie. The pacing was good, the torture scenes were well... torturous of course! They're not just lil scenes, but huge sections of the movie, so you bet they were grueling and savage. It's the only movie I know where you can sit in the audience and hear at least 5 people around you crying at some point of the movie. (My female friend was crying for more than one-third of the movie!)

I'm not Christian nor religious, yet I enjoyed the movie, the gore, the evil creatures, and most of all the tension.......my heart was thumping hard yet slow, and actually felt a lil achy for an hour after the movie.

Finally I wanna add that I heard that the uncut version is a whole extra hour longer!

2. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

PAX TV had the making of the Passion right before the release date. The whole lightning story was very true. When it happened, the crew didn't know what they needed to do first. They said the whole top of the cross was glowing and sparks were shooting out the back of his head. Thank God the cross took the bulk of the shock.

Also, when the lead actor talked with Mel about the role, he told Mel the his initials were "JC" and that he was 33 years old. Mel's response was Dear God!!

Victor

3. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Hahah, that's pretty nuts! I thought he was a pretty convincing Jesus, whether portraying the normal Jesus or the bloody, busted-up, worst-than-Rocky-Balboa-after-20-rounds Jesus.

4. koyal

koyal New Member

i liked the movie no matter what anyones said. i give u something to think about. don't u think

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I saw it yesterday. I was truly amazed with the cinematography, the music blew me away. People have been saying Jim had no chance to act, but he speaks Aramaic and Latin, cries, gets tortured, is happy, sad, cries, the works. I think he and others showed an amazing selection of emotions throughout this film.
    I really loved ALL the flashbacks especially Jesus wokring on a table. The actor who impressed me most was Hristo Naumov Shopov the man who played Pontius Pilate. WOW! just his expression, his confusion. I believe that is where a few tears first fell on my cheeks.
    I really loved how the movie left nothing out in terms of doctrine, about Mary, and kept all things relating to Christ fulfilling scripture to his last words. The thing that will remain with me about this movie is his piercing yet beautiful golden red eyes.
    Mel Gibson did a brilliant job in the creation of this film. It's very fitting for Lent (of course) but it makes me realize more what Jesus went through for me, and what did I give up for Lent? How can I become a better person, for other people?

6. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

my god.. I cried like a baby...
    Amazing a man endured all that for us...
    you guys should be more sensible

you hear me mordeth/seraphinx?

I'm no christian fanatic but...
    you need to have a love for people to endure what he endured.
    I would have giving up in the first round torture :-S

7. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Hey! I said all good things about the movie! I only mentioned that I'm not religious... and don't you think it's more amazing if a non-Christian enjoyed this movie, than a Christian (who is obviously more likely to enjoy it)? Mordeth was the one saying negatives things about this movie.

8. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I believe the torture was worse than what was portrayed in the film. Even if the film shows the human nature of Christ, it shows how supernatural he was to be able to withstand even a portion of the pain and be able to move/stand/continue on to Calvary.

I also liked how a man, who didn't care for a stranger, forced to help him, then became a changed man who pushed himself (#1) aside to help a stranger. He changed. He became affected by Jesus. (Simon of Cyrene, the one who aided in carrying Christ's cross)