Current Affairs Most memorable event of 2005

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shen, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

When the thought ran through my head with all the rumors, KoRn broke up.. :( that was a big event when you see a 15 year old girl busting her bedroom windows..:p

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Besides the ones that have been said Prince Charles marries Camilla. I know there was a deal over that. *rollseyes*

Another one Pat Morita died. Mr. Miyagi.

3. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

Well now, for me that would be that two of my good friends moved up North, the third one got engaged, I moved into a college dorm as a freshman and since then have had even less of social life than before, amazing. Oh but I did join BJP... but staying on the internet isn't really social is it?
    On the grander scale of things there were plenty of disaster both natural and otherwise.... woo talk about some crazy weather.

And then there were the squirrels....

4. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

A few things happened this year for me, some of them bad, others good. I usually like to hold onto the good things and forget the bad, but its something that can't really be ignored. Some of the things that will stay in my mind are:

• The London Terrorist Bombings
    • Hurricane Katrina
    • The rioting in New Orleans

But of some of the good personal things that have happened in the last year:

• Finally moved into second year of my college course after reapeating first year
    • Got a job in an Architects office for the summer
    • Finally figured out how to call my friend in Australia
    • Went to see Dylon Moran live
    • Was promoted to Public Relations Officer in the Networking Society in college
    • And i celebrated my 21st Birthday of course :D
    I've also got some plans in the pipline for this year :). Looking forward to it.

5. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

How did I ever forget this? xD
    (I turned 21 last year too)

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I believe everyone except those born on February 29th had a birthday in 2005..
    The worldwide topics were discussed, other than disasters discussed, it was also pointed out His Holiness John Paul II had died, and Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger was elected as Benedict XVI.

On a personal headline, I moved away to another city, got married, had a lovely honeymoon in Banff and Jasper, had a telephone interview in B.C. and was hired while on honeymoon, and got my first kitten in the summer.

7. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Bastard! I missed his show in Sweden due to College studies ;_;

- Teddz