Mr. Cloud sir, would you...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

right sitting there for hours is an action. thats most likely where all his time came from since he really isn't always online.:rolleyes:

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

It reloads every minute, so it keeps me online. And, while I am indeed on the internet at all times when I'm viewing the Who's Online page, I'm not always browsing BJP.

So there. :p

Either way, the hack'll only record the time from the installation date, thus even I will start at 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, and 0 seconds. :p

And, since it records session length, it counts the end of a session as the moment of your last activity, and the beginning of a session as the moment you log in. So, if I log in and idle on the Who's Online page for 2 hours before logging off, it'll display two hours. And it'll add to that the next time I log in.

Simple enough, no? I wonder if it counts as cheating to idle like I do... :p

3. Reisti Skalchaste

What if a database error logs you out and you can't log back in? :p

Anyway, I personally don't like the way it appears in the postbit, perhaps Mr. Cloud could edit it a little when he does decide to install it? ;) Perhaps just getting rid of the bold tags so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb?

4. Orion

Orion Gears

Why do people look at the "Who's Online"? I tried to look at it, but it was so boring. It's just that, it's who's online. You can look at that on the bottom of the forum main page. Unless you must know where everyone is, EXACTLY, then be my guest, ya stalker you. :p

5. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I am never on the who's online. ;) It will be a fun hack if anything. Now Rag if you have spent more time here then the founding members you need to get out more.

6. Reisti Skalchaste

Bah, all of you are inactive these days. That hack'll have me with the most time in a day and it'll stay that way, just because you guys don't come online enough anymore. :p

7. Basher

I am like ghost for being online. You may never know unless you are a mod and above. I may creep up on you and go BOOOOO. I think that is how it goes.

8. Reisti Skalchaste

You're just like Arch-Warrior. :p

I can figure out when you're online even though I can't see you. :p

Invisible mode though, I wonder if this hack increments time spent in invisible mode...

9. Basher

If I don't post you can't tell. :p

Once it is installed I can let you know. I spent many a years in invisible mode.

10. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Should work now!

11. Reisti Skalchaste

hehehehehehehehe, thanks Cloud. This's gonna be fun. :)

7 minutes and 32 seconds as of this post, let's see just how high it gets for me. :)

Edit: Basher, it looks like it got you. :p The thing counts time online, and you are logged in when you're in hidden mode. Caught you like an inmate leaving Alcatraz. :D

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Fun, but inaccurate as smeg.

I could easily leave my machine on 24 hours straight logged in at the Who's Online page. Still, I guess it will give me somewhat of an indication of how much of my life is spent here. ^^

13. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Indeed. Also I noticed that it only shows people who've logged in after the update was done. So I'm guessing that's the only way it could be shown?

5:30 hours + oO

I didn't leave it on who's online for more than 5 mins Oo

-Seishin

14. Reisti Skalchaste

*coughs* <.<;;...

Well, at least the second part of your post works for me too. :D

I suppose it would have been better if it calculated an average online time per day, though it would still be inaccurate as far as that's concerned...

Yes because it adds tables to the database that didn't exist before. Asking for total online time since creation of the board would be impossible, and I had a nifty analogy I wanted to use here but it's rather... overly suggestive. Let's leave it at that. >.>

15. Basher

Damn 10 hours already? when do you people sleep?

Well this will be fun I guess.

16. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Sounds like fun to me!:D But I see where you're coming from.
    Sl...sleep? What's sleep on a weekend? I woke up so early today since I'm used to waking up that much early, and nothing to do at such an early hour in the moring, guess where I went?:p

(High Score!? oO)

-Seishin

17. Orion

Orion Gears

When you have parents that don't care when you go to bed it makes things a lot easier Seishin. :) 2:30 AM was my destruction, and JUST as I was signing in to! X-( Oh well, I am still, and yes, Ragnarok told me this, more active than him. Huzzah!

18. Seishin

Seishin Guest

So you were out from say the afternoon till 2 in the morning? Ain't you a little too young for that?

Also, I noticed that there MAY be something wrong. Kaiyon logged in BJP on www.animeandmanga.com, but his time online wasn't counted. Could it be the domain?

-Seishin

19. Reisti Skalchaste

What's a "weekend?" I haven't experienced one in so long I've forgotten. :(

Overtime at work + Moving a relative + no days off since SUNDAY = Very little time to be online. :(

I highly doubt it. All of the data for the hack is kept in the database, which is not relative to the domain. Still, try it on other domains and see if it does the same. Perhaps he merely timed out somehow.