Mai-HiME My HiME/Mai HiME

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Izzy, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Anyone seen this series? I got teaser images and stuff from 4chan (YAY 4chan!!!), and it looked really interesting. The artwork rather reminds me of RahXephon character artwork.

Anyway, the story is about three girls (apparently) who share the ability to produce advanced technology. Sort of like Sailor Moon on steroids. Instead of fuku, they kinda obtain weapons.

One girl has a crazy sword that reminds me of Alucard's Cerberus (watch and you'll see what I mean). One other girl has two small pistols (that I don't think she's actually fired yet...) and a strange animal/transformer thing that looks straight out of Zoids. Then the last girl (Mai) has some sort of shield, that looks like the sharingan.

All in all, the first episode has some GREAT action (especially when you see teh sword girl swing the sword around all circular and stuff, it's a zweihander-type sword is why) and overall cool seeming storyline.

Although only the first episode is released, it's at least something to watch, among the new season releases in Japan.

1 person likes this.
  2. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I've had it downloaded for a couple of days. When I read your review, I decided to give it a try.

I really like it. I do wonder about the girl with blue hair's intentions, though. Is what she said true? I suppose we'll find out eventually.

2 people like this.
  3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I was pretty amazed by the opening and the animation. I've seen it listed on animesuki for a while but the first episode wasn't there yet. yay. So umm, if someone told me if I went to school, I'd die.. well, I'd probably believe them.. mwa hah h ah...

4. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Looks pretty good. Very intresting story though, and the art work, well not that much "Lah Se Fon" but there are certain points where it has reflections from it.

I am waiting patiently for Episode 2.

- Teddz

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Is it just me that gets shiveries when Kuga Natsuki releases Duran? The music is quite intriguing..especially at that part. Well.. now I understand why she didn't want more Hime's at the school. Is it common for junior high students to be in the same complex as high school students in Japan? I forget how old Mai's brother was though.. ages 13-15.. then up? oh well.

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I think some schools have a program in which they have multiple levels of grades.

Anyway, I love the effects when Natsuki releases Duran (Duran Duran!). It's so...magical girl, but more...cooler. I mean, she doesn't transform, she just summons Ravage from Transformers!

I hope the series moves as fast as the first episode. I loved the pace, as both fighting and story was kinda blended in together at the end. It makes me just want to get the next episode out already.

7. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

This anime sounds very interesting. I just saw the first episode and it was great!

I am going to download more episodes if there are ^^

1 person likes this.
  8. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

What's everybody's favorite character so far?

Edit: Mine is Sugiora Midori, and her "Gakutenou". I love her! She's a comic relief sometimes, and she's really powerful. I love her weapon.

9. Badluck

Badluck New Member

I have seen the first six episodes and I love it. :)
    I'm so hooked, and can't wait to see the rest.
    I also like the opening and ending theme songs. :D
    Does anyone else like the theme songs?
    I want to hear the charaters' songs! Has anyone heard them yet?
    Who is your favorite Hime? My is Mikoto! :p
    She is so kawaii, and she acts like a little sister to Mai.
    Is it based on a manga or is it just an anime?
    If so, I want to read the manga. Would anyone else want to read it too?

10. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Episode 8 spoilers

This episode made me like the show even more.. but then the end. All I could think about was poor Akane. That was really messed up. I googled the music after viewing this episode and my hunch was right, Yuki Kajiura does the music for this show, just like Noir and .hack. Which is totally awesome.

Another thing I wanted to discuss, Before the Oufan went to the library, the boy with the white/blue hair who seems to know a lot was waving a lizard on a stick. I know it was his food, but some magic users use lizards too to summon magic or that's just messed up notion I got from Jackie Chan Adventures. Anyways, he seems to care for the Himes.
    that a Hime could stop being a Hime. But I mean, after losing that power and what you care most about in the world.. there isn't much hope for living anymore

11. Badluck

Badluck New Member

Ep. 8 re-hooked me into Mai Hime.
    Ep.4 and 8 are my favorite. :D

12. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Episode 8 was quite a drastic turn of events. I loved it! I just can't wait to find out more.

Is Miyu a fellow HiME that turned evil, or simply another kind of being? Like a robot?

13. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

She's a Yggdrasil Unit. I thought she was a Hime too. I hate her even more now.

14. Diaphanus

Diaphanus New Member

Natsuki is my favorite one! She's cute, smart, and cool! :D

Yes, it was. Poor girl. She didn't deserve all of that.

I really hope she doesn't decide to commit suicide. She needs a hug. It's a shame that it seems that none of her friends are around to comfort her. She is ruined and alone. That's heartbreaking.

I actually hope that Miyu is a cyborg instead of a completely-mechanical entity. If she is a cyborg, then perhaps there is a chance that she still retains some of her humanity. Now I dislike Miyu, but I want to like her.

15. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

T__________T sooo SAD! I can't rewatch episode 8, it's soos SAD. Poor Akane... =___=

16. Badluck

Badluck New Member

I just got done watching epiode 11.
    Anyone seen it?
    It was very good, I can't wait 'till ep.12 now.
    I'm planing to bye when it's comes on US dvds.
    unless it has a really bad ending.

17. Badluck

Badluck New Member

::A week later::
    Do anyone see ep. 12?
    It's the best epiode so far.
    The story is really moving now.
    I really like this seires too much.

18. Badluck

Badluck New Member

Is Akane-Chan still a Hime, or will she be replaced?

19. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I don't think she is anymore. After she lost Harry, Kuzu-kun paid the price for her loss cause he was the most important thing to her, greater even then her own life.
    After what happened to her i don't think anyone would want to be a HiME after that anyway, since it's not you but somebody else that dies cause of what happens.

20. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Well, you saw her HiME mark disappear. That's really all that needs to be said.