Mai-HiME My HiME/Mai HiME

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Izzy, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Alyssa should get impaled. I haven't seen a more warped child; Unless some old man possessed her and kicked out her own soul.

And I thought I heard that a Hime puts what she holds most important on the line. Which does not necessarily mean a person. But in most cases would be for people..

It's bad luck to triple post.

2. YokoburiKinura

I've now seen up through episode 8 where that concept gets introduced. Given that the HiMEs are teenage girls, the most important thing will probably without exception be a person. I'll need to go back and listen to that part more closely without looking at the subtitles, as I think the subtitles explicitly say that it's the person you hold most dear.

3. Badluck

Badluck New Member

Ep. 15

Ep. 15 is so good. It has to be one of my favorite eps. so far.
    I think Shiho is a Hime!!! I think "monster" in ep. 15 is her child.
    (...or her child saved her for the monster)
    Either way, she is most likely a Hime.
    Does anyone ese really wonder what Mikoto child looks it?
    I want to know what Mikoto child is like.
    why does she only uses her sword, instead of her child, like the other Himes?

4. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

By the looks of things she never seems to need it, shes able to cut amoured vans in half with that sword of hers, but i can bet if she does have a child then it will probably be a cat of somekind.
    I really want to get the next episode cause it looks really good, i will honestly kill any company that dares license this show before i see the next episode.

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

My understanding is that Mikoto's sword, Miroku, is her Child. I mean, it has a mind of its own, as we can see from it's loyalty to Miroku... I mean it even came back from the bottom of the sea for goodness sakes.

In episode 10, Mikoto thrusts Miroku into the ground and long red glowing black spikes come out to impale the Orphan. Miroku probably has other features, just like Kagutsuchi has, seen in episode 15.

Of course, there's still the issue of why Miroku is always present, but perhaps due to size and Mikoto's wish, her Child is always there for her.

I didn't like Miyu and Alyssa, but I was able to understand them better and I was sad that they both died. But doesn't that mean in the springtime that pond will thaw out? It's probably some crazy gemstone now. As well, Tate needs to get his priorities straight. He shouldn't be able to live with myself after taking off leaving a girl alone when he knows monsters are known to appear. What Mai did was crazy kick ass, eh?

6. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I love this show, especially the blue haired girl. She reminds me of someone, i just forgot who.

Also, if you love this show, you can help it have it's own forum by voting for it in the "Forums" section of System. I only need 4 votes, it's not so much.

7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Are you going to mod that hosted forum? Who is this blue haired girl? Does she have dark blue hair? light blue hair? why do you like her?

8. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Yes, i just applied for it. Please vote for it..
    Sorta Dark, it's like a darkish blue, and slightly violet. Her name Mitoko. I like her the best since she's really cute and innocent looking.I can't desribe her preety well, so here:

http://www.gamemadang.co.kr/main/release/inno/character/mitoko.jpg

You should see her pic right here.I belive that's her, but it's been so long since i downloaded the episodes. I could only get to the first few episodes, can't remember wich ones, because after that, my computer started working like crap, and wouldn't download anything. I'm hoping to get a new one.

Anyways, that's my character. I apologize for not being so clear on my last post. I just got up from a nap, and saw that people were talking about my long-since-seen-it anime. Once again, i hope that you, along other users, will vote for my forum, because i would really like to expand on this Anime.

-SakataKentaro

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

umm, Is there a manga I don't know about? :( Because the girl in your pic.. looks like Kazahana Mashiro, but she has light violet hair and is in a wheel chair. I don't know any Mitoko in My Hime at all.. there's a Mikoto.

You also say it's been a long time since you saw the first few episodes (and only the first few episodes), but the show is already at episode 15 and the forum will be full of spoilers. Are you sure you are able to moderate through all those posts? Even the spoiler tagged ones? Because it will ruin the show for you.

10. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Really?I gotta double check, because i think i forgot the name then, or got confused.

Thank you for your concern, but i took precautions into this matter before even applying for the Forum. I asked a friend about an hour ago to download all of the episodes that have been released by far. It should go by really quick, he has one of those new AlienWare computers. I asked him to record them on a CD, so by the hopeful time that the Forum is created, I will most likely be up to date. So for spoiler wise in this Forum that applied for, I'm preety much good.Nothing will be spoiled for me by that time.

The only thing right now that i'm concerned about is that blasted girl that i posted. Maybe It'll come back to me when i watch the anime in a short while.
    Once again, thank you for your concern into this matter Ciel.

-SakataKentaro

11. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Darn you Izzy to heck and back. Stop getting me interested in other anime. I will try and get these episodes. Comp down buying a new. Or could con a friend to. Hehe.

12. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Thread moved!

13. Vatina

Vatina New Member

*quiet*

Well, I have seen episodes 1-18 now. Loved it since 1st episode with the great action scenes and everything..... thought immiediatly that the music sounded like Noir, and it was actually the same composer! Cool :D

Anyway, it has gotten really exciting now.... can't wait for the next episode....

1 person likes this.
  14. Badluck

Badluck New Member

ep.24

WOW! Did anyone see ep.24?
    It has so awesome. I can't wait 'till ep. 25 now.

15. phatso

phatso New Member

Indeed i feel sorry for the nun though!!:( and i feel even worse no that there are 2 more episodes left

16. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

like, spoilers.

All male main characters must die~! and Shizuru.

17. phatso

phatso New Member

LOOOL sexism i agree on shizuru though that freak!

18. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

It may have seemed like it, but it wasn't my own personal opinion about the male characters dying. Only the Shizuru part. The anime has taken a very dark path. There better be some light towards the end, but not a sappy happy ending.

19. phatso

phatso New Member

yeah

you do have a point. the anime started with fighting and friendship to hatred and death.
    how ironic when the himes gathered in the karaoke bar saying nuthing can come in between them and yet they are killing each others children and lovd ones

oh btw who was midori's loved one ? if u remember when gatkenou died a picture fell on the ground and burnt and in that picture were a group of people so im wondering if these were the people who suffered death

20. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Midori's Loved One spoiler

She said it was an older professor who didn't know of her love and didn't love her back. I thought the way she just brushed it off by saying 'you'd be proud of me' was like.. irresponsible or something. To me, she had it the easiest of all the HiME's. But that may be me reading Midori wrong.