One Piece One piece manga

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Stardust Phox, Jan 3, 2003.

1. LovelyLady

LovelyLady New Member

Ooh! One Piece is the best! I just started to read it in the newer Shonen Jump issues...But now I need to get the older issues.. XD

2. Novus

Novus Gone

Arr!

Anything about pirates is fine by me.

One Piece is amazing. It's so freakin' ridiculous. I am scouring the seven seas to find the first volume, but after sailing my galleon into town, I found that the local Chapters doesn't have it yet. You can be sure there was much plundering and pillaging after that! Arr!

Roronoa Zoro is a great character with an interesting fighting style. Also, I liked Luffy a lot more before I learned to pronounce his name.

3. Miko

Miko New Member

is anyone really sure luffy is cut out to be a pirate? i mean, buggy the clown is so mean and evil, but luffy is so kind. luffy tried to save a pet food store because a dog saw it as his treasure! honorable as it is, it dont seem like the pirate thing to do. despite that, i do like one piece.

4. Novus

Novus Gone

You don't have to be mean to be a pirate. Shanks seemed like a nice guy.

5. shohen

shohen New Member

goto adult swim.com the older issues are there thats where I read the older issues and you can be a nice pirate like captain jack sparrow off pirates ofthe caribean

6. BlackRose

BlackRose New Member

OnePiece is funny!

I got some manga of that, and its so crazy!:glazed:

7. ranma-soatome

ranma-soatome New Member

i have the first onne peice manga and i have a subscript to shonen jump. so i am set

8. Dozer

Dozer New Member

One Piece rocks. Luffy is my fav.

9. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

One Peice is good but Shonen Jump takes forever to tell any story but I still like it since I read the whole with thing with the expection of DBZ but it is my favorite next to Shaman King

10. single spark

single spark New Member

i love one piece! its really cool. i love the story and i guess the art is ok too(the feet are kinda too big^_^). anyways,one piece is totally awesome!

11. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

You know, One Piece is probably one of the only very f unny manga I really like. ^_^ I love Luffy and Shanks and... Zoro... And everyone! ^_^

12. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I can't wait to read more of the manga! I wait in anticipation for more of the anime, but this way I can get ahead and not die from not knowing what will happen next. but.. I see a lot of sleepless nights in the future.. it happened with other manga.

13. SexehSeacow

SexehSeacow New Member

Ya one piece manga is good. story owns. about the drawing style.. the angels are great, but the eh.. style.. (..?) is very simple, some pics look like 5-year-old drawings (not big pics, only like.. small on faces) ...
    but its a great manga

1 person likes this.
  14. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Eichiro Oda freaking amazes me. He even worked alongside Nobuhiro Watsuki at one point! Eichiro's art also reminds me of Akira Toriyama. And, if a five year old could draw that well I would sail all the way to the grand line looking for this kid to have her/him on my crew! Actually, Miss Goldenweek could probably throw together a manga like this in an instant. XD I saw the manga at Chapters the last time I went there but I didn't have money to buy the first volume. I'll get it next time for sure!

Now for the spoilers:

I'm not surprised that the Going Merry will never be able to sail again. The crew actually thought it would last forever but it's in very bad shape. I wonder what kind of repairs the Gareera Company will do, or if they'll totally rebuild and soup up the Going Merry. I hope those stupid Frankies Family guys don't try to pull any crap again. I think they already took the $200,000,000 from Usopp from how it looks.

1 person likes this.
  15. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

hmm I love the manga! but it's kind of weird I have to wait for the anime to find out what happened in parts I didn't understand in the manga. I mean, some images are just too confusing to understand what happened. I really want to buy the first volumes out. I flipped through volume one of One Piece and just was smooth. It even explained the scar on Luffy's face, and they called him 'Anchor' lol.

1 person likes this.
  16. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Gah, I missed the thing about the scar! (Or rather, I can't remember it. ^^; Remind me, pleasepleaseplease? ^__^) I loved it when they called him Achor. XD That whole first chapter (or chapters, really...). Ohmygosh. Hilarious. Poor Luffy.

1 person likes this.
  17. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Well, I bought me the first volume at Chapters. I think its a limited one too with some parts in shiny gold.. (not real gold, sigh) anyways Viz should re-read over their stuff. There's at least two grammar/spelling mistakes in the volume so far. I'm halfway. I don't think it's the way the people speak either...

Luffy wants to prove he has courage and wants the Red Hair pirates to take him seriously so he grabs a knife and slashes deep into his face. .. then after that he has a small band-aid on his face. LOL. it was a crazy moment.

I took a digi pic of the page for ya:

Attached Files:

18. monkeydluffy

monkeydluffy New Member

one piece

one piece is sooo cool! i read the manga all the time. but i m not sure whats going to happen. but the ending on chapter 329 was awsome. hahahaha

1 person likes this.
  19. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Here comes the spoilers, actually this thread will probably be full of these sooner or later.

According to Eiichiro Oda: One member of the Strawhat Pirates will be leaving, but the fans will not be too sad because one character from Alabasta will join the crew.

Well, for those who have read 331 you would know that Usopp left the Strawhat pirates and challenged Luffy to a duel to get the dying Going Merry. I'm pissed off that Usopp had to go, he's my favourite of all the Strawhats! But, I know he's going to get souped up and maybe get some guns finally and join the Strawhats again. I think Usopp will really surprise everyone in his duel against Luffy, too.

But, who could be the new member be? It could be Vivi but she has a kingdom she has to rule and she wouldn't be too much help for the Strawhats. It could be Mr. 2, that would be hillarious.. Or possibly Pell because they did allude to him surviving.

I wonder if the Going Merry really is ready to fall apart, or if those Shipwrights just want to make some extra money.

20. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

After reading chapter 333, I'm just very mad. I lost respect for the Straw Hat crew, and the issue isn't resolved. If the issue doesn't resolve itself in a mature manner, and they don't apologize, then I may not read any more of the manga.