Outlaw Star Universe Outlaw Star

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Hitokiri_Gensai, May 24, 2003.

1. username

username New Member

!!!!

yah, i've seen it!! its pretty cool!! to bad its not on mid night run any more, i used to watch it every night before i went to bed!!! i hope they bring it back!!!

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

hmmmmmmm they might but it doesnt look hopeful and if you dont have Kazaa you may never see Episode 23 on TV ever...anyway yeah its not as good as Bebop but its pretty good... well she introduced Fred Lou in a way that was different than usual...not to mention it made sure you knew he was gay from the start...she was my favorite character whether she had a point or not...

3. RedCrow

RedCrow New Member

My fav character was the first Anten that Gene incounters the tough guy with a lot of bad *** wepons. And at the end of the show he gets up out of his grave and walks off;)

4. Hitokiri_Gensai

his trade name is Shimi...but i forgot his real name...oh Leilong i think...

5. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Yes, that's correct. I just got into the series myself, and thus have it fresh in my mind. My personal favorite episode was the 16 or 17, when the MacDoogals try to ruin things (yet again), but you get a new sense of the younger one. It was weird.

6. Hitokiri_Gensai

yeah isnt that the episode where Ron attacks Gene using his Caster and those new space forces attack weapons?

7. Urei_Sama

Urei_Sama New Member

Outlaw Star was a good series but to Cowboy Bebop it was NOTHING!!! But it is still better than many shows out there.

8. Hitokiri_Gensai

Outlaw Star is on par with Inu Yasha, Lupin, Gundam those shows but as far as i can see Cowboy Bebop is on a totally different level theres has never been a show that i can see that has ever even touched Bebops level...other than maybe the original macross...

9. Inuyasha_Ownage

Inuyasha_Ownage New Member

i LOVE the series.. too short like many others but still is a great one...i was pissed when it went off the air and i bought the whole dvd set for $90. lol

10. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

yea i love Outlaw Star. Melfina and the rest, good times, good times. Hey are they ever going to bring it back or give us new episodes? Are there more episodes? I hope so, I WANT OUTLAW STAR BACK :p

11. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

While technically, its not a sequel, theres a new series that takes place in the same galaxy with the same races. The original cast does not make an appearance. I could be wrong, but I think its call Crest of Stars

12. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Actually, Crest of Stars is not at all related to Outlaw Star. Completely different anime altogether.

There was a rumor circulating a while back about a supposed sequel to Outlaw Star, but I think it was just wishful thinking. As for my opinion, I feel anime is very much like a book: if it's over, then it's over. The author isn't going to write a sequel just because people ask for it. That's like asking an artist to draw a sequel to a specific painting because it was so good. Outlaw Star had a VERY linear storyline, and finished quite neatly. I doubt it could be continued with anything decent.

13. TheSonOfBattles

TheSonOfBattles New Member

The series your talking about is called Angel Links afaik. Its a spin off and not a sequel. It focuses on a private security company of the same name that featured briefly in the Outlaw Star series.

I've only actually seen the first few episodes of Outlaw star, but what I'd seen I definately liked, and someday hope to finish watching it.

There was some interesting idea, like the grappler ships and the way magic and science were fused in the guns was pretty cool to.

14. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

It is a great show that everyone should see but anyway. I have seen both Angel Links and OutLaw Star and I have a tid-bit of news they will be animating the manga sequal to OutLawStar which is called OutLaw Star 2

15. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

:sweat: Thanks for the correction, Son of Battles.

ZakoSoldier, do you have any more info on Outlaw Star 2?

16. Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry New Member

I love Outlaw Star it's just an example of really good anime art.
    But I was p*ssed when I missed the last 3 episodes ... but everything's better now they've started them all again so I can watch them again.

17. YokoburiKinura

Well, now I've at least seen, what, maybe up to around 8 or 9 subtitled, up to where they have the ship and the assassin swordswoman has joined up with the group, and I'm enjoying it pretty well so far. I have seen bits of the series later on in English dub, but that's different...

18. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

Well, unless they're greedy and/or pressured by their editors to continue a wildly popular series and encourage merchandishing, even though they no longer enjoy working with that story and have nomore creative ideas... *coughDBZcough*

That was actually one of the things I liked about Outlaw Star. It's nice to find a series that knows when it's over, if you know what I mean.