Debate Persuasive investigating vs. Torture

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BotticelliLover, May 21, 2004.

1. pardal

pardal Crimson Moon

i think violence is unaceptable in all ways and forms...
    yea it's the fastest way to get info but it's just horrible and the people who torture others are as mean as those others are.
    if there is already those shots that make a person tell the truth why don't they use it?
    !!peace in the world!!say no to war and torture!! :)

2. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

In the end Humans will be human..

You have your good and your bad. there will always be someone who is corrupt. Always always always its the way Humans are..

Now my personal opinion of serial killers some murderers, rapist and serious offenders is they gave up there rights and i mean all rights when they commited the acts that they did. So what happens to them i dont care..

3. Zealot

Zealot New Member

I understand and agree that what happened in those prisons was wrong and I wish that things like this didn't happen but at the same time just as there is a level where you can go to far in kinds of torture you can also go too far in restrictions on methods of interrogation. Let me give you an example. I seriously doubt that many of you if any know what we are allowed to do in terms of interrogation tactics with enemy terrorists, I say terrorists rather than militants or soldiers because they don't represent a country or government, they are a giant organized club of people who hate democracy and anything apposed to their ideals...They are terrorists, murderers, and fanatics.
    Back to what our country is allowed to do to interrogate someone we are allowed to taunt a captured terrorist, regardless of rank, with a candy bar in order to get information.

I am dead serious. The only thing we can do is taunt our enemies with candy in order to get them to talk. Our interrogators have incredbly strict rules to the point that they could get into trouble if they poke someone the wrong way. Something that was attempted at one place was were an interrogator pretended to be gay and sort of freaked the guy out because of it. He never touched the terrorist once but because the guy got a little wigged out from the act, the interrogator was told he couldn't continue with the act. Something I thought was interesting was a technique of torture that was requested to be used by our military. It is completely harmless but it would no doubt get people to talk which is shy our government wanted to use it. A special device is used that cycles water through the person's nose and removes it before it enters the throat. This creates causes the person to think they are drowning when really they can breathe fine. It can't actually hurt them but it might scare someone into talking. This was refused by senate minority saying that is was a cruel and inhuman act. Well guess what. The reason our military wanted to use this trick and thought it would be accepted is because our own freakin navy seals use it as a form of training. They are taught to overcome the feeling of drowning with this trick and yet we cant use something, that our own troops have to do, as a form of torture. I dont know how people expect us to find anything if we cant use perfectly harmless but effective ways to get information.
    Candy bars...un freakin believable, isn't it.