Current Affairs Pope Dead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nephilim_X, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I'm not the most religious person. But I do have decencies and I hold my respect for Pope John Paul II. He was the first pope to have a website so. Power to him and may he lie peacefully in his holy slumber.

I keep hearing rumors that the new pope might be of African decent. *shrugs*

1 person likes this.
  2. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

His funeral is broadcasting on national channels. Watch, and be amazed over the people.

May the pope rest in peace.

- Teddz

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

It's really interesting how Pope John Paul II was buried in three different coffins(wood, zinc, wood). Most Bishops of Rome are buried in marble sarcophagi, but Pope John Paul II wanted to emulate Pope John VI and be buried in the earth, like St. Peter.

I'm also happy there was an empty spot for the Pope under the grotto, very close to what is said to be the remains of St. Peter. Blessed Pope John XXIII had been placed there before, but since his beatification a few years ago, he had been moved to a more accessible place one floor above.

Four kings, five queens and at least 70 presidents and prime ministers attended Pope John Paul II funeral, Italy closed the airspace over central Rome and called in extra forces, anti-aircraft missiles and patrol boats to guard the funeral; I thought it amazing how everyone is/was very kind to one another and there have been no large incidents within the Vatican.

Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, the presider for the funeral mass, did not delve upon the suffering and sickness Pope John Paul II had for at least a decade or more; This was evident that the Pope truly was an imitation of Christ on Earth. He touched millions and he will continue to do so after his death.

Ave Pater! I was truly sad to hear of your passing, but I know you are happy and with the ones you so wished all of us to love and know, like you did.

1 person likes this.
  4. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

:sad: I think that John Paul II was the best pope so far. He lived long life and died at 85. Catholics around the world will always remember him. We can only hope that the new Pope would be as great as John Paul II. :sad:

5. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

John Paul was an amazing person. He was one of the first popes to visit so many countries and meet so many people. The next Pope has a lot to live up to.
    May he rest in peace :)

6. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

May he find eternal peace-J-Chan

7. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

He was truly a good man. May he rest in peace in eternal rest.