RPG Archives Post-Apocalypse Now - Prologue

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Novus, May 21, 2004.

1. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

Skie felt a little bit of tears come to her eyes and slowly wiped away a few tears from her eyes. Slowly Skie started to assist the weight of James, who seemed unstable and was no doubt on enough drugs to cause serious brain damage. "...So, what are the plans? I guess were going to choose our leader, and head on our way." Skie stumbled a little on her words, and at the same time attempted to keep her composure, and hold her tears back.

2. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Arc was visibly mollified. It was...quite a tale.

"Thank you, sir...thank you so much..."

He turned to the others. "Yes, we have to choose a leader, but we also have to decide what to do. It seems to me that to find DCVault, we have to find this journal and this datapad. And...We should really try and get that package back. It's the least we can do for the man who's made our journey more than just a dreamer's quest."

He bit his bottom lip. "It's likely that we'll have to fight the numans if we can't get them to understand us..."

3. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

James decided to voice his opinion on the situation, "I say you go out and find it. And I do somewhat bear hatred towards Numans, but I bear hatred towards almost all, so I can't say my voice counts on that one.

"Do you mind if I come with you on your journey? I would love to see the world in this and get a chance to know you all better. Also, I think I might find what I search for."

4. Kamui

James had a little chuckle at the question, "I'm not quite sure. My wife and child were killed by bandits about five years ago. Since then I have been empty.

"Maybe I long for revenge, maybe I just want something else I can be so in love with. I don't know what I search for, but I am certain I search for something.

"Satisfactory?"

5. chiquitabanana

"Well you already know why I'm on, but I really do hope to meet with everyone else on our crew, and research more. I too have a past, and I am just hoping to overcome it."

6. Meaikoh

Arc looked to each of the group in turn. "I nominate Ryan to be our leader."

He looked at them all again, daring them to speak up and offer another solution.

7. chiquitabanana

"Are you up to it, Ryan? It is a pretty big job. If so, I think you would make a great leader."
    Skie slowly slid her hand over to James's side and slid the gun out of his holster.
    "You know I don't like to see you have this."

8. Kamui

James made no change in emotion on his face, he simply turned to Skie, and glared into her eyes with a hidden fire that many could see burning in his eyes, "Give me my gun. Now." His voice showed no hostility and seemed very soothing, but at the same time, extremely commanding.

As he continued to stare into Skie he spoke to the others, "Do we really know enough about any of our companions to choose a leader yet?"

9. Meaikoh

"Without a leader, what will we do when we are in danger? Each of us will have our own ideas on what to do. We'll be scattered...We'll need somebody to unify us. We need somebody to make the decision on what to do. This is just based on first impressions, which I'm sure we all know not to trust but...I'll follow Ryan. No matter what decision is made."

Arc settled back. It wasn't really that big of a deal, but he still was very adamant about his opinion. He would wait for their decision. Did they think they were more suited for the job?

10. Kamui

James changed no facial expression, "Agreed. I'll follow Ryan. In my short time with you three, I believe Ryan is best suited for this position. Ryan, I'll follow you, should you lead me to the very pits of Hell itself, I'll keep marching."

11. chiquitabanana

"Well Ryan, it seems you have found yourself a new job." Skie stared back at James. "I'm not giving you back your gun. Not until you have done your community service. TC rules, not my fault." Switching back to Ryan. "So, where exactly are we going?"

12. Meaikoh

"Yeah. Skie, I think that giving him back his gun is a good idea. And we just agreed that Ryan is our leader. Your leader told you to give him back his gun."

Arc stood behind Ryan and James in this matter. He still wasn't sure that he liked Skie very much. She seemed a bit stuck up, with all her rules and regulations.

13. chiquitabanana

"Yeesh! calm down Ryan. I will give him back his gun when he needs it. He has others too, so it is not necessarily a big deal. Yes, I am breaking some of the rules, but that is the way life is."

14. Kamui

"She's right. I do still have my 14mm gun." James took out the piece of black steel and cocked the gun, then he replaced it into his right leg holster. "And I can use that one until she deems fit for me to get the .45 back. My 14mm is the stronger of the two guns anyways."

James took a breath and looked at Ryan and Arc in the eyes for the first time, "You're both extremely nice, really you are, but I honestly can do without the .45 for a short amount of time."

As he spoke, James undid his left leg holster and ammunition holsters for the .45, "You want the gun? You have to carry everything that goes along with it." James smiled an almost playful smile, but it was extremely clear how serious he was.

15. chiquitabanana

"Well, I guess I could get by by telling the TC that I could not clearly take all that weight. So you can have your gun back, just do not have it loaded. I really wouldn't want any more dead." Skie smiled playfully back at him.

16. Kamui

James leaned forward and kissed Skie on the cheek, "Thanks."

Then, he re-attached all of his left leg equipment, the holster for the gun, the ammunition holster, and the gun itself. To cope with what Skie had said, he ejected the magazine from the .45 and put it into his trench coat's inner right pocket.

"Now that we have that little quarrel averted, where do you propose we stand on this mission?"