RPG Archives Post-Apocalypse Now - Prologue

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Novus, May 21, 2004.

1. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

Skie blushed, she was taken back- she always assumed that everyone had hated her, it happened when following the rules.

"I'm confused. Ryan- where exactly are we going?"

2. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

"Unfortunately, no, I did not see him. But if I had my guess... I'd say he came in from the western gate."

3. chiquitabanana

"Are you sure James? Maybe we should check, I mean, I don't really want to end up getting lost somewhere." Skie readjusted her weight so she could still handle James's.

4. Kamui

"I'm quite sure, 95%, give or take. Because if you look at his tan on his neck, the one place completely exposed to sunlight when you travel, you'll see that his tan shows the mark of traveling East. Thus, if he was traveling East, he would enter this town on the Western gate. I would ask him to be completely sure, but props to me if I'm right."

5. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

"I also think it's best if we all go together to get the man's package. This way, we'll get to know each other. We'll learn how to work together in a pinch instead of at the last minute, when we're actually on our way to DCVault..."

Arc leaned back. "I'm ready to go."

6. Kamui

James bowed. Though he did not look it at all, he was a man who was very polite.

"I am set to go, the exercise will do me good, and if I get hungry along the way, I'm sure there are plenty of animals in the wild. I hope none of you will object to me eating an animal in the wild?"

7. chiquitabanana

Skie rummaged in her bag again. "Magical thing, James, called bread." She tossed James a loaf of bread that was in her bag. "I'm set to go, and James, I'll get you to become a vegetarian."

8. Kamui

James took a small bite out of the bread and smiled, "This is quite good, better save it." He put it in his bag. "And good luck making me a vegetarian."

9. Meaikoh

Arc sighed impatiently. "All right. Enough about the bread. Let's get going!"

He was very anxious to leave. This quest was quickly becoming an obsession. After all, he had no other reasons to be going - not really. But he also had nothing better to be doing, and it was a worthy cause.

10. chiquitabanana

As the troop led out of the room, Skie held on James's side.
    They started out into the desert, and they quickly noticed how hot and sandy it was.
    "Ryan..."

11. Kamui

James took a huge breath and stood up on his own two feet. Then, he said, "He's right, it only gets worse from here and eventually, if you want to live, you'll convert to carnivorism," James winked at Skie, "But we must tred onward, and I'm sure you'll all find your own way of keeping alive. Once you get a pattern in this sand, its not too hard to make it through.

"Always keep your eyes open for an oasis. I'm quite sure there are about five in this sand."

James tucked a hand into his pocket and found a pair of sunglasses and put them on. "Well, we go."

1 person likes this.
  12. chiquitabanana

Skie kept on walking and she could see far off an abandonned village, that housed natives. Skie grabbed onto James' hand as she could see a few shadows approaching them. "Umm. Ryan. Those aren't some angry numans- are they?"

13. chiquitabanana

"Stop Ryan!" Skie dragged James up to Ryan's side. "Don't hurt them! They haven't killed you yet." Skie slowly dropped down to her knees and bowed down to them. Slowly she lifted her head . "Peace."

14. Kamui

James gave a little snicker, "I don't think they understand. Here." James began to make symbols with his hand... then he took out a platinum rod from his coat and extended it.

He drew a picture of a sword crossed with a spear in the sand then put a slash mark through them both to show they were peaceful.

Then, he lowered the hammer of his 14mm and put it back in his holster. Soon thereafter, he clicked his mouth four times.

Afterwards, the tribals backed away, "See, it's all in knowing how to deal with them. Once you understand their customs, its not to hard to get along with them. They are different, sure, but I think it's quite interesting to see how they live."

15. Meaikoh

Arc shook his head slowly, standing next to Ryan. "Are you sure they backed away peaceably? I think they're going to get something...Like maybe more weapons."

Sure enough, the tribals were returning. But was it weapons they were holding, or some kind of peace offering? Arc couldn't be sure from this distance. "Don't put down your guard just yet."