Psychology Real Nightmare Come True?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wolfie, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

Well my dreams for some reason, start when I am about to wake up...I always relize that my dreams never finish to...:dizzy:

2. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Man i don't believe they last for 3 sec they more feel like minutes, hours sometimes

but then again sometimes my dreams change i think that happens because of the sounds around me. Coz my mate once had a dream about a drunk werewolf singing 'the 3 lions' or a sober werewolf singing 'the 3 lions'. And the next mornings most people were complaining about the dog's barking and the druken blokes singing 'the 3 lions' since england won a match. but then again she could be just taking the piss.

it weird when you try to wake but you can't. It's really weird. You know people if you pinch yourself in your dreams you'll wake up. But well i tried doing that in my dream and my arm just disappeared or you don't have enough controll of your dream that you can't do that

3. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

For some reason I hust remembered what my dream last night was about, but in the morning I totally forgot...it's like my brain got clogged or something...:sweat:

4. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

Im always sad when i start waking up in the middle of a very good dream. The last dreams you dream usuallly are the only ones you somewhat remember in the morning. Im always tring to close my eyes when i start waking up to continue the dream, but then its not natural and the events are your creation, not what they would be if you were still sleeping.

Alot of things in dreams seem so natural in sleep, like all of a sudden the school you go to is all different and stuff. Ive never exactly 'flew' in my dreams, but I usually glide impossibly, or jump from something really high without getting hurt.

I want my dreams to be taped on film, so that i can watch them when i wake up!!!!!! I noticed when ever I get those dreams that im falling, its only when im just falling asleep, not in the middle of the night. Maybe its because your switching subcounsiousness (i cant spell), and still connected to being awake. Making it seem like your falling.....

5. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

the other night i dreamed a shadowy guy was hitting me in this stomach with a stick, and when i woke up my mom was hitting my a** with a switch/stick for sleeping late..

6. Orion

Orion Gears

Ha, I was right. So many times in reading though these posts people have mentioned having their dreams predict the future. Shyah! :p Really though, I don't think dreams can change the course of your actual day, because your mind can't control what will happen to you during your day, that's fate, or, as Catholics/Christians call it, God.

I do believe that dreams can kind of spell out your day though. Like the day before I started 8th grade, I drempt that this year, I would be a lot more popular than I was last year, and lo and behold, I'm one of the most popular kids in the class of '06. :) So, my dream basically predicted my entire 8th grade year. I wonder what my freshman year is going to be like...

7. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

That happened to me to except fo you being more popular, for me it was being the worst year of middle school of my life...and there you have it...:dizzy2:

8. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

Once i had a dream where i was trapped and there were people all around me trying to attack me but there were others behind trying to re-strain them. The night before I had been sitting down and my sister got really mad at me and tried to hit me but my mum was holding her back. connection?

9. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

i still think dreams smbolize something it like your dreams know more than you do maybe its just psychic connection to the the next day in some way
    it's weird when your dreams suddenly stop
    people are still emopevizin that dreams are quite dangerous more in ways than others

10. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Brain areas disconnect during deep sleep

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9535945/

So I guess that because they're disconnected, we perceive as if the dreams last a lot, when they only lasted a few minutes. Who knows.

11. Fang

Fang New Member

I die in all my dreams.But,I must suffer the pain in the dream to die and then I wake up and wonder what it means.Its got to mean something.

12. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

Dude fang...double post, watch it...

...anyways when I woke up this morning I was sweating and breating hard...I was flying then everthing went red I started to fall...well you get the point...:glazed:

13. SoraStrife

SoraStrife New Member

I don't believe it is true I mean honestly have you ever heard of someone of dying in that sort of "falling down" in a dream?.. think about it. or maybe someone has but if people know that it is true and you die then I think us humans will be scared out of their minds and never go to sleep but we have no other choice. I think that dreams about falling down and when your about to hit the floor you wake right? well dreams mostly means something else and a meaningful of life and what is about to happen to you later on in reality. your not gonna die in your dream...bleh, I wish that was true then we will all be dead by now..I bet there isnt a person here that hasnt has a dream about that before. X_x..or am I wrong here?

14. Black Nyoko

Black Nyoko New Member

I don't think that our nightmares can actually come true, but I do believe that sometimes our dreams can sometimes prepare us for something that may happen. I don't mean like when you dream of a sudden earthquake and then next week a earthquake hits,just simple things can possibly happen. I mean something that happened in your dream like you lost the winning score for your team and it happens similar to that standpoint. Like instead you miss your chance to the winning score, but another teammate wins it.
    Nevertheless, when I'm dreaming, I do fall in my sleep and I will also physically fall. Then I willl suddenly wake up from my dreams only to go back to sleep.

15. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

So... are we just expressing our dreams now?? I think there already is a thread for that.. Wierd Dreams may be the title. I would provide a link if there is one.. but I am lazy. So I will just inform. :p

But, I do think that a nightmare could jolt someone into death. I think if the dream is intense enough it would cause a heart attack or you go into shock. I am getting my information from the top of my head, but .. here is an example..
    So someone goes to watch a movie.. the movie is intense enough to send them to the hospital. This has happend in two movies that I can think of from the top of my head. So the question is... why can someone watch a movie knowing they are not there... but while they dream and you think you are there you can not die?
    I don't know if that is worded that great, because I don't feel a 100% well right now so.. this will probably be edited and added on to later.