Movies Resident Evil the Movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Meaikoh, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Eh, what, what, eh? What about this movie? I loved the games so I wanna see if this is worth it!

2. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

The Previews look prety damn cool so Maybe the film will be just as good,,

KaMe

"FeArS oVeR tOmOrRoW aNd ReGrEtS oVeR yEsTeRdAy ArE tWiN tHiEvEs ThAt RoB uS oF tHe MoMeNt."

3. Meaikoh

Yeah, I wonder if Leon is in it? It looks good to me! The zombie dogs look <001.

4. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

It looks cool and scary! Is there a site for the RE movie??

5. Meaikoh

Gee, I dunno...I want Leon to be in the movie though! If he's not, I'll get my money back, I will!

6. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

i don't care if it scary i will go to this movie.

if i like the game soo much.

it must be the movie good to me and the others.

7. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Well ... i saw the trailer and its sucks.!. I heard that none of the RE characters would be in the movie:( NOT FAIR. <i want Chris to be in the movie:mad:

8. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Me too! I want both Claire and Chris! Who is this alice character any way!
    [​IMG]

9. Meaikoh

Apparently, either it has nothing to do with the games, or if it does, it's from the first game and the girl's part in the game. What's the girl's name again???

10. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

If I'm not wrong, I think her name is Alice...(don't remeber her real name :dizzy2: ) The heroine so it seems... Arg! I have to relook at that preview of the movie<which I can't stand at all> ....

"There is no one good at this part than me... no one can do this part as good as me..." -The girl who was chosen to act as alice...

The producer of the movie said that Capcom has given them the freedom to make the movie in any way they so desire... He said that they can make the movie even into a musical if they want to... but he said that he liked the game and hopes to keep that atmosphere of the game, and retain it's elements... However he didn't mention anything about original character being in the movie...

Ok, this is how I look at this movie. It sucks , but is much more better than FFTSW...

Suck cuz> it seems that there are no original characters of the game...
    Better than FFTSW> Tell me how you guys feel if this movie was a musical... IT is a disappointment... FFTSW should be more fantasy than Sci-fic... And it should have keep basic element of the game. At least the RE movie is promised to retain all those game element, zombie and overall creepy atmosphere...

11. Meaikoh

Yeah, I know! FFTSW sucked! I love the games! I adore the games! FF is the pride of squaresoft along with Chrono T. and Chrono C., but this move discouraged me from playing ff for a week! If it's anything like that, spare me from the movie! And you know what the worst thing is? :p ? We're all gonna go c it, no matter how bad people tell us it is!

12. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

With an opinion like that, I'd say you'd better be able to back that up.
    "Where is the proof?!"
    -General [something], Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within-

13. Meaikoh

Mission Accepted.

Reasons why FFTSW sucked:

1. The reason why it was made: Squaresoft, tho I love your games, they just made a movie to prove that a game company could make a movie. They should stick to games, seeing the results.

2. The characters...too horrible to describe...I've tried to mentally block out memories of That particular movie, so let's see...

3. The story..."The dream is always the same..."
    Need I go on? Anyway, that's just my opinion...

14. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

So what? We aren't allowed to expand any more? We all have to just stick to one thing that other people tell us we're good at? If that was the case, we'd be out a few famous artists, Newton would either have only studied physics or calculus, instead of bring forth both, and we'd also lack a lot of religious and philosophical development.
    Besides, who says that the only reason the movie was made was to prove a point? You don't spend years working on something just to prove a point in an argument.

Finally, I'd like to say that if the movie sucks so much, why is it so continually a topic of discussion on this website?

15. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

MT you better watch out!:) GNZ might strike you with his 1,000,000 needles hehe :sweat:
    *Skuld gets struck with 1,000,000,000,000 needles*:dizzy2:
    Anyways were going off topic here... We are talking about RE the movie not FFTSW... I'm sorry I brought FFTSW up.. I just needed a comparison that's all...

16. Meaikoh

True, we are off subject...Like I said, that's just my opinion, so you're allowed to love it. Maybe "sucked" is a strong word, but so let's just say, "It wasn't as good as it could've been, it was alot less good than it could've been in my opinion."
    Gomen, GNZ

17. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Whatever. It matters not.

Anyway, what's the deal with Resident Evil being rated R here in Canada? They hardly ever use that rating, but they just happened to rate the movie I wanted to see most that. It's annoying ... I ended up seeing Dragonfly with That guy! and his girlfriend ... I feel like a third wheel on a bicycle sometimes ... Well, if I'm stuck with me, someone else might as well be too. I'll just have to download RE ... take that, Famous Players! If they don't want my business, they shall not get it.

18. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

There was maybe one or two "fan-service" scenes, Zanshi.

As fate would have it, even with little intention of seeing this movie, I did. And it was pretty average in my opinion. Nothing too spectacular, but unlike most Video Game based movies, it didn't suck. Worth a watch.

BakaMattSu, and yes, he dusted of his Resident Evil for another go after that...

19. Meaikoh

Well, looks like I'll hafta d/l it...

20. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Apparently, people from school went and saw it without a hitch ... I guess that's what happens when the movie ratings are decided by the individual theatres and chains as opposed to by the government ... not that I'm complaining. The MPAA is scum.