Debate Respect between Parents and their children

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hiro, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Good and Great views all around but about acholics,abusive, and other things i cant even began to imagine type of parents well what Star Princess said about decapitating the parent well sounds about right they get whats comen to them.

But somtimes the parent feels like well dung at times because of how they was treated when they was young can make them feel that they need the reassurance of respect from their child.

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Coming from a pretty good home, I can't say I don't care about my mother. I've lived in a kind of give-and-take relationship with her. It's kind of difficult to explain.

But I'd say, in my immediate family, we do respect each other. My mother respects my wishes, most of the time, and I return that same treatment. I can't say I'm unhappy with my life.

But I believe that the respect should go both ways. I agree with most of the people in this thread who also say this, and pretty much everything I'd have to say has already been said.

I say, though, that abusive parents shouldn't even be considered parents. Sure, they may have birthed you, but that's not what parenthood is. You're a parent if you care about your children, and try to understand them, and their position. It's the raising of the child that's important, not the act that caused their existence.