rurouni kenshin on CN

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by kanashimi, Mar 3, 2003.

1. kanashimi

kanashimi New Member

is rurouni kenshin coming to CN? i was listening to some flcl music and my brother just bursts in saying that there was a commercial saying RK is coming on March 17...

ive only seen Samurai X the movie, but i have looked into the series and really wanna see it/them. plus Kenshin is such a bishi!:bleed2: and so is sannosuke!

but i really wanna see the depth of the series, and im kinda wondering how CN will butcher it...if they edit out two lines of blood on heero's hand and have Inuyasha on adult swim, i wonder what they're gonna do about a tortured killer and some odd number of gallons of blood? maybe id be better off killing my wallet and buying the dvds...

2. wasteofo2

wasteofo2 Guest

well, adult swim is kinda weird. it's not exactly like shows like Inu Yasha and Yu Yu Hakusho need to be on it becuase they are inapropriate (infact, yu yu hakusho is moving to toonami). I imagine that they will not edit all that much blood, thogh i could be wrong. But if you watch cowboy bebop and you saw the last episode of it it was quite a graphic bloodbath, thought there will still inevitably be some level of editing which may or may not ruin the series...

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

If you're talking bloodshed and graphic images, the Ruroken TV series really isn't too high on it - very very toned down from the disturbing animation you find in the first OVA.

Still, CN tends to cut everything even a little bit graphic or suggestive, so I can see snipplets here and there throughout (almost every character coughs up a little blood at some point), so this series would still need quite an overhaul.

First, I will say that most rumors of Anime to Television are just that - rumors. For instance, its been a few years of rumors that the anime Slayers would be picked up by FOX.

Second, I will say that they'll show the dub version. Now, I can't honestly vouch for or against RK, having only seen subbed, but most anime loses a lot of its emotion when done this way.

And that's all I have to say about that.

4. wasteofo2

wasteofo2 Guest

well even if you look at dragon ball z there is a good bit of violence that is shown and that isn't even on adult swim. in teh first saga piccolo loses an arm and goku gets a big hole shot through him as does raditz and they show that. there are plenty of scenes in dbz with blood as well. In the freiza saga freiza is trying to extract information from nail and rips both of his arms off and tehy show it all with purple blood seeping out and everything. piccolo loses an arm again while fighting cell and cell sucks up a whole bunch of people to shriveled messes.

and if you look at bebop there is lots of shooting people and stuff

and if you look at cowboy bebop, that shows dubbing is amazing, when i watched the subtitled movie thecharacters voices sounded off in my head cause i was so used to loving them

5. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

I found out yesterday. I guess I'm kind of exited, amazingly considering that I really don't enjoy watching dubed animes. But I saw it only once when I was like 7 and really liked it, and recently I just bought the first manga. pretty cool:)

6. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Read or Ignore (Coming from a non-RK fan)

Now you can automatically discard this post and ignore it since it's coming from a non-RK fan (I don't like the series at all).

I have a warning for the people hyped up about seeing this on CN. I'm a person who watches any anime series first in it's original Japanese, then English dubbed, and any other dubbed if available. Of all the dubs I seen, this is listed in my "one of the worst dubs ever" list. It's so bad, it actually made the series feel like a piece of **** anime. Now whether or not it's been re-dubbed with better VA, I do not know. But if you want to see how good the series really is, I suggest you rent from your local Library (That how I saw it), from any video or anime store if available, or purchases it (If you have the money) But if you feel that you can watch it without having your ears bleed, well watch the CN version.

Remember, you can ignore this post, and I highly recommand you do if you want opinions from a RK fan.

7. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I'm happy as long as they don't call it Samurai X *shudders* {{{>.<}}} but they most likely will...

Is this on the American Cartoon Network, and if we haven't heard about it that doesn't mean it's a rumour... CN is very secretive with their plans on what to show on TV. I'll give them that they are great at doing that(no one even knew that Eva was coming.)

The subbed versions are usually a lot better than the dubs, voice actors should watch the Japanese versions before dubbing.

8. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

They may be secretive but CN is full of idiots. Aside from ending up cutting up Evangelion (from digital paint to outright snips) and showing the first ep of Nadesico followed by one of the last, TOTALLY destroying a certain plot point, and a million other bone headed moves...

9. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

*sighs* i dont think i can stand it >< im very much against all dubbed anime >< besides i have the whole series on my computer so i think ill just stick to my VCDs and stuff

10. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

i hope cn doesnt butcher it, i think its a great series, i wouldnt want a bunch or morons screwing things up, but thats what will happen if its true.

11. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

???????

I've heard rumors of it being on to. I wish adult swim was on on saterdays agian. Cause theres no way in hell I'm gonna stay up that late for adult swim again. My gades went donw 15 persent last time I stayed up for InuYasha. But it's still great that there playing it. Do you know what there replacing to put it on?

12. Hitokiri_Gensai

it starts march 17 and i think it airs at 5:30 anyway Inu Yasha has already been on CN actually the Adult Swim

13. Little Washu

Little Washu New Member

Whoo Hoo! I can't wait to see it. Iv'e been wanting to see this series really really bad! LOL

~Washu

14. Hitokiri_Gensai

its an excellent series although i cant stand dubbed (i did enjoy CB) Kenshin's voice nor anyones for that matter. and probably one of my greatest pet peeves is that the reverse the names of all the characters >< i know that it in english and what not but the fact remains that its Japanese therefore the names should stay the same. the names go like this: Himura Kenshin, Kamiya Kaoru, Myojin Yahiko, Sagara Sanosuke, Saitou Hajime, Shishio Makoto, Okubo Toshimichi, Katsura Kogoro, Amakusa Shougo, Hiko Seijurou, Udo Jine, Makimachi Misao, Shinomori Aoshi, Okita Shoushi (Soujirou), Kashisaki Nenji, theres more but i dont feel like posting them all. also if u saw the Rurouni Kenshin Movie Requim for the Ishin Shishi Patriots, in english they kept switching the way the names were said >< >< >< >< >< >< i also loved the japanese version because Kenshin voice actress kicked *** ^^;; but at anyrate its an awesome series and is definetly worth seeing in what ever language you choose my opinion is of course in japanese which i why i have the whole set on DVD

15. Mika-chan

Mika-chan New Member

Yeah. I saw the commercial when my little sister screamed "BISHONEN!!!!!!" in my ear. She completely freaked and I fell from my chair. lol i can't wait either...

16. Hitokiri_Gensai

wow she must have one h*** of a load scream ^^;;; anyway yeah its an excellent series if u have any questions about the series just IM me at HeeroYuy0021 or DomonKasshuKOH

17. BlindlessSoul

BlindlessSoul New Member

I'm actually gald it's coming to CN...just so I can see it. I'm sure it will be edited out the wazoo though?! Just guessing..seeing it's about a guy who kills people w/ a sword! I'm really amazed there showing this...I figured it would be the last thing they'd show.

But alas I've never seen it and maybe it's not as bad as I think. (I mean blood and violence wise) Or else it's edit city!:)

But my main point is NOW I can see it and when I realize I like it buy it and have it unedited.

18. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Kenshin doesn't exactly kill anyone in the series, though he does come close to it several times. But still there is a lot of bloodshed within the series, but they have been a bit more leniant towards that lately on TV. Like, if you watch Dragonball Z there are whole cities being destroyed by Buu and before in the Saiyen saga they said that everyone epscaped safely when a city was destroyed. I think it is a good thing to show too because RK has really good morals to it as well; a man fighting for good but having to resist temptation to evil ;)

19. Hitokiri_Gensai

yeah but still like in the Kyoto Arc
    *SPOILER*

Shishio bit Kenshin in the neck and ate apiece of his neck ewww... but what i was really suprised that they showed was neon Genesis Evangelion.