Saber Marionette Saber Style is up!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by BakaMattSu, Oct 18, 2002.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Bear with me...as the is a work-in progress...I've no prior experience with building VB styles...so if you think it needs some color change or anything else, be sure to let me know.

The top-left image is on rotation, so keep an eye on it as you're browsing the boards...in fact, if you'd like to contribute to the SMJ style with some artwork for the top left, feel free to send it along. All images are to be of good quality, and at a res of 152x100 pixels.

Have fun with the new style! I'm hoping to mess with it a bit more, to make it more and more unique - rather than just another VBulletin clone.

-BakaMattSu

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I like the way you set it up Matt :) The colours seem to have good contrast with each other, but I always imagined that this forum would have a brighter style to it. This set up is a lot better than what I thought it would look :cool:

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Yeah, it is a bit dark for SMJ, but I'm very bad at color coordination. If anyone has some suggestions for color schemas, I'm all ears! :)

4. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Ne, y'know what? The colors fit -- while a bit dark, they reflect the deeper, sadder sentiment of the J series -- I was left in pure shock and it took me about three or for viewings of the last episode to get what the last part was all ABOUT. ^__^; Besides -- I, for one, LOVE the blues/greys combo. It's so relaxing to the eyes. ^__^ Job well done!

5. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

WAAAIIIII!!!!

Superb!! Excellent job, our dear dear BakaMattsu!!! *HUGS* I love the alternating images on the left corner up there! Blue and gray is nice =D You know what would look nice? It'll be cool if the blue background have some kind of patterns or something ^_^ Oh btw! You forgot the the M2A logo!!

6. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

OK for my taste, YES, it is too dark.

And when writing replies, well... the grey color of the edit box vs grey color of the thread view are the same, so it appears to be rather dull. Perhaps if you added a pinch of blue to the grey... :)

ALSO - the letters in the [ Manga to Anime Forums > Q to Z > Saber Marionette > etc. ] menu are dark blue, which camouflage against the dark blue background. SO it makes navigation a bit hard.

Otherwise than that, yes, i liked the idea of blue / grey.

7. kapitanbar

kapitanbar Member

Super colors!

The color combination is accurate for relaxing the eyesight, and the grey/dark grey combination adds contrast to the anime pics that appears at the right of each post, adding a third dimension to them. Try anyone posting any image...

Very good work!

8. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I like it, it's pretty cool. The combination of colours is good, and it's just alround good.

9. Hikaru

Hikaru New Member

Yokatta! This is a wonderful layout, BMS! Great work! And everyone else has practically said it all... so I've nothing to add but more words of appreciation!

:D

10. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Art Profesional!!

Well I guess my art for Lime is out of the question, it maybe nice, but not great :eek: it won't fit anyway :p

Anyway, I always pictured that this forum would be bright, I dunno, maybe pink oO; you know, as girls :p

But it can't get any better than this BMS.. Great Job!! *Claps* ^^

11. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Just commenting again...I love the changing pictures at the top left. ^__^ It looks so prettyful. ^^ ^^

12. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

*hugs Matt*

Sugoi!! This is perfect! The blues are nice to look at and appropriate.

And as soon as I screencap my DVDs, you are welcome to my Hanagata images. Behold, Hanagata's yumminess!!

*falls over*

13. luvweaver

I still protest...

I can't read _ANYTHING_ outside the text tables! (i.e. the Manga to Anime Forums > Q to Z > Saber Marionette > Saber Style is up! navigation links)

Can't you make the text outside the main tables light grey or something? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease???????

14. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Revisited the style, and played with the colors a bit.

Let me know what works for you, what you don't like, and other suggestions you have....

15. luvweaver

Hmmmmm nice

Reminds me of an old gym i used to visit to when child. Now i wonder what'd happen if we changed yhe table colors from dark grey to.... uh.... dunno :p

16. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Yeah, been trying to decide what to go with, for the tables. Going too light seems to really break the equalibrium, and get to the point of hurting my eyes... :p

I'm open to color tweak suggestions.

17. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

*Reviving this thread to state his opinion on the new layout*

Glad to see the SMJ forum layout is up, and I must say, I like it! It's really nice. It's got that same 'classy' feel that the Safeway I work at has now. It's nice. The random SMJ pics are a nice touch, too. Although, I will say, the colors do seem a bit dark for SMJ. They look nice, but still, they don't seem to fit right.

All in all, the new look gets my thumbs-up of approval!

18. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Wait, I'm confused now...

I noticed the rotating pictures earlier today, but I'm retarded and I wasn't sure if they've ALWAYS been there or what...

I didn't pay attention to the date on the first post, so as I was reading imagine my surpise to see Sachiko post a response.

"Cool," I thought, "It looks like she's still around. That's good to see."

I scroll down further and see Lady Aoi's post.

"What the... hasn't she been MIA for a while now?"

I look at the date and realize this was an old, old post.

:sad:

ANYWAY

SMJ always used bright, vibrid colors to animate thier characters and give them personalities. Even the 'bad-gals', Tiger, Panta, and Luchs had the vivid reds, yellows and blues giving them life.

This SMJ theme, while easy on the eyes, is rather plain. It doesn't have the color the main series is riddled with. Y'know what I mean? Honestly, I dont really feel it's very indicative of the series at all. While filled with it's more serious moments, SMJ and her sister series are about having fun and enjoying onesself. They're about laughing more than they are about crying.

Anyway, that's my two cents, or whatever my opinion is worth. :sweat:

~the wert

19. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

It's nice but...

It's nice to see some SMJ pictures in the forum and the colors are almost fine, they're too dark. In addition, compared to modern web themes, this one seems a bit antique. It'll need some upgrades to get an aprobation from me.

I'd like to use my default style.

20. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

I like the style... but... dunno... I was expecting something else? don't get me wrong I like it ^^