Saber Marionette Saber Style is up!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by BakaMattSu, Oct 18, 2002.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Anything to keep the SMJ fans happy!

What colour scheme would you like used? Agree on one, and it can be done. :)

2. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

All the colors of the rainbow...

SMJ is riddled with pastel greens and pinks. Deep blues and bold reds. The cream colors that line the walls, and coat the streets of Japoness. If I were working on that, I would start with those colors and add, subtract and tweak from there. I'd go with happy and mellow over dark and moody.

~wert

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Mellow is good. I'm betting BakaMattSu-sama has experimented with bright colors before, and didn't like the results. I'd suggest a mild green color, like the one this next sentence is written in. This is Pale Green.

Perhaps a soft blue, like this?

Let's see, I like both of those. Perhaps the blue could be the header color, and the green could be used in the text area? Or the other way around?

4. wertitis

Greeny Green...

That green might be ok if used in small portions. Too much and it'll get too hard on the eyes.

I do like that blue, though.

Colors like This, This, This, This, and This.

Stuff that complements each other, y'know? Easy on the eyes and indicative of SMJ's use of colors. BakaMattSu probably knows more about balancing colors than I do, but these are jsut a few ideas to toss up. Easy colors, deep shades, the good stuff. It can be done! :D

5. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

This

I think we have a match! Style updated. Looking for a new text logo now.

6. wertitis

Mmmm... Purple Colors...

Blends of purples here. Nice. I don't know about an 'SMJ' theme, but it sure makes a good "Cherry Theme". :D

I actually like this one alot.

Now what did you mean by a new text logo?

7. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

I replaced the blue logo with the purple Japanese text for Saber Marionette J (up beside where it says Welcome, wertitis).

8. Reisti Skalchaste

Well, as is obvious, I like it. I really don't have a lot to complain about, here. But I don't particularly like white as the background color. I never did, really. (Maybe it comes from my old comp. being set to never show backgrounds, which I only recently found out) But perhaps replacing the white with the blue I pointed out? Or something similar?

Other than that, though, I like it. Although Darkie has a point, in that it's more a Cherry theme than anything else. Although it may be a bit much, perhaps three rotating schemes, one for each girl?

Finally, the text logo. It says "Saber Marionette J." SMR is a part of the series, and the forum is the "Saber Marionette" forum. Even though it doesn't have much of a place here, shouldn't you change the text logo to include it, as well?

9. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Yep we can easily drop the J.

10. wertitis

Yup...

Dropping the J would be as easy as MS Paint.

Personally I have no problems with the way things look now. This color scheme is easy on the eyes and real mellow to boot. Like I said, it's a Cherry theme more than an SMJ theme, but that's ok. I think this look is fine.

A theme for each girl? It would be nice, but I doubt the admins would want to do that. If they did it for SMJ, imagine what would happen at the other boards. NGE would ask for one for Shinji, Asuka and Rei. Ranma would want a Ranma, Akane, Ukyo, Shampoo, Ryoga... Tenchi, Kenshin, Sailor Moon, DBZ, all those guys would want specific character themes... So much work for the admins.

...If only we had a place where we could post up our own site color schemes, and maybe vote on our faves, or incorporate methods to pick and choose ones we like out of a host of user submissions...

That'd be wild.

Until then, I'll be happy with this one right here. :D

~wert

11. Reisti Skalchaste

I never said I was unhappy with it. I was merely brainstorming suggestions. Yes, this theme is a bit Cherry-centric, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I figured some users might prefer something a bit different. So I suggested a them for each girl. I'm sure that such a thing would be far too much work though.

I don't know, it's just a thought.

12. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

New style r0xX0rz the BIG ONE111!!!

LOL! :p Those who've seen the "posting and you" will recognize the reference :rolleyes:

Anyway, I really like this new white on purple style. Somehow it does have the look and feel of SMJ. Castle Japoness maybe? :D

13. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

cover from SMJ2X dvds theme XD

14. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

The new style is pretty good, too Cherry-like, I'm not against it :p !
    But this is not a Cherry forum (Hey! I'd like one :D ), it is a SM* (fill * with J, JA, J to X, or R) forum. I'm not good at colors but what about a blue based (isn't it more standard, or Lime based), or a 'rainbow' other?

A bg picture would be cool too.

15. wertitis

Yes!!

YES!!! Slap a maiden circuit or something along those lines in the background. Then it would be uniquely Saber Marionette. Anyone else have an idea something that would fit in the background? Maybe a pattern kinda like the Ranma theme?

Ah, wise man, Jedimdo. That's a good call.

Oh gread Cloud/BakaMattSu, admins from beyond, the bratty forum members implore you, answer our plea!!

:anime:

16. Reisti Skalchaste

There's a god iead. (Typo. Read: Good idea) A bg pic would be better than the white that's there now.

...Bratty? Speak for yourself! :D

17. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

I would like... like... a the greens tones and the sandy floor, and the brown from the wooden walls... and the red of the lime/cherry/bberry... and and and...
    meh... anything fruity and colourfull should do

18. wertitis

Whiny Whiny

That's what I was saying at the very beginning.

I still like this "Cherry" theme though.

:) I withdraw nothing. Bratty is read as "Wanna wanna wanna!! Change it change it change it!! Puh-leez puh-leez PUH-LEEZ"

:D The admins are bending over backwards for us and this theme and we're still begging and prodding for more. I just think its funny... in a bratty spoiled child kina way...

19. Jam Chii

Jam Chii New Member

I see nothing wrong with the color, Cherry-like, I love it.

20. Black Robed One

Black Robed One New Member

Ah, upon my return to the Saber Marionette section I was greeted by a new "Cherry" theme! Needless to say I am totally, abosolutely, 100% happy about this! :) :) :)