Samurai Champloo Samurai Champloo!!!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Ciel, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

This is a very bizarre yet very interesting anime. It's about two guys, Mugen and Jin. They carry swords. Things happen. There's also a clumsy girl who gets them to help her out.

Shinichiro Watanabe .. says it all really. The hip-hop music with the scratched record sound with changing scenes is something new as well. Anyways here's the official site and another info site!

http://www.samuraichamploo.com/
    http://forevergeek.com/anime/samurai_champloo.php

It would be nice if others have seen this so we can talk about it.

2. XXIXreformed

XXIXreformed New Member

Wow...I never was a big fan of Bebop *shields self from oncoming onslaught of insults* But dis' looks goooooood. Ja' man.

3. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

It's truly an interesting anime. Funcky in a way. I've watched so far 2 episodes and I've have to say that the first episode was really interesting and one of my favs :)!

4. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Meh, I thought it was only okay. The animation was a little odd, but good. I think they're trying to escape somewhat from the clean-cut, perfect computerised animation of most modern anime(like cowboy bebop), and go back to the overly expressive type style of stuff like GTO and such. The action in it was very good, especially the fight between mugen and jin in the first episode, that was very well done, but I don't think much for the story so far, it just all seems a little clichéd and weak. They even have the innevitable animal mascot, momochan who made a brief appearence and then was forgotten about. I'll keep watching it, but my expectations aren't too high, I don't think it's going to be anywhere near as good as bebop.
    I thought the music sucked serious balls too, especially the opening and ending themes.

5. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I also didnt like the music, but I could bare it. I love the animation, fight scenes and mostly the characters ^o^ The only question I have is how on earth are they going to find the guy that smells like flowers o_O;

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Well, I have this mental image of a samurai wandering around with a huge sunflower as a hat. It's all possible in this type of world! what did you think of this show when you saw the 'One Day Earlier' scene in the first episode? did you think oh my.. this is going to be stupid! or.. oh cool! it'll be a load of fun.. comedy? I laughed it was so stupid.

The action scenes in the third episode were nice.

7. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I might a bit of trouble for bring this thread back to life, but what the hey!!
    I've finally gotten to see the first wo episodes of this anime and i thought that ut was really good. I thought that the animeation was really nice and clean, and i love the characters design (espesally when Fuu does her sad look in the first episode when she tries to get the fireworks off the merchant) and the way that Mugen isn't really dressed in traditional samurai cloths. And i thought at some of it was funny. I thought that the music was ok at best.
    I think that i might be able to get hooked on this anime (about time to, i needed something to occupy myself with). But can somebody tell me how many episodes there are or going to be?

8. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I've seen quite a few episodes to date. I really love this anime! It's hilarious and dramatic.. it's so different! I really like how the three main characters interact with each other and what they do in each situation they find themselves in. A definite watch and a definite buy for me.

9. SteamedRice

SteamedRice New Member

I bought the first volume.. Well the story is just developing so I can't really criticize it.. Mugen sword fighting skills are unique with a unison of breakdancing.. Jin's swiftness says it all...

10. Yu_ki

Yu_ki New Member

Samurai Champloo Rocks My World!!!

Needless to reiterate, everything about this anime makes me wanna jump around naruto-style :) I love the music, I love the characters, I love the plot... I couldn't wait until the second season started! It's hilarious to watch how Mugen copes w/ hiragana (since I am going through the same trouble) :p

11. DragonSlaveVivi

DragonSlaveVivi New Member

I have been excited about this show for some time, but i cant get my hands on it (no anime network not on TV not in local stores!?) I think I heard somewhere that it was going to air on G4's anime unleashed, is this true? If not, what about CN?

12. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I think its coming out on dvd very soon (if its not out already), i've seen the cover for it somewhere but i can't remember where.

Its only the first half of the show thats been lisenced, but the other half is still available for download. I'm currently waiting for the final episode to be realised.

13. Alucard21

Alucard21 New Member

There are 26 episodes in total

The intro/theme music has a nice beat, but the lyrics are so bad to go with the tune. i can only assume that they were origonally in japanese and they just tried to fit the translation in with the music.
    Other than that, this anime is fantastic, such clean animation, gr8 fight scenes, nice amount of blood and good humour too.. Gr8 mix. cant wait to see more of the same.

14. Alucard21

Alucard21 New Member

Any1 that wants some of these episodes get in touch with me.
    mite take bout 30mins or so but can transfer them via messenger services such as msn and yahoo.

15. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Did you post asking if anyone wants licensed episodes off you? and you double posted, you can use the edit button.

16. Alucard21

Alucard21 New Member

so i did, i forgot that i can use the edit item
    neway y do u ask? are you after any of the episodes? all the episodes i have were legally downloaded and are not for sale or rent... so am willing to share them.

i do then apologise I was not of knowing that all the samurai champloo series had been licenced now.
    Well in saying that, it was not very long ago i downloaded them all.
    however i do apoligise and will refrain from offering a licenced product if i aware of its licencing.

17. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

It's against forum policy to post asking for licensed anime or post asking if anyone would like it from you. It would be different if the anime wasn't licensed, but it is. Do you mean you downloaded it when it was unlicensed, but think it's okay to distribute it to others now that it is licensed?

Please refrain from posting about obtaining/giving licensed anime in the future. We can all wait now for them to come on dvd or rent them. thanks for your concern though.

18. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Yeah, Samurai Champloo was very cool and interesting at the beginning, but after few episode it gets boring, I want to know this guy who smells like sunflower.. who is he? why is she looking for him? what will he do for her? how does he look like? etc..

But I guess I'll have to wait anyway :p

19. Alucard21

Alucard21 New Member

Samurai Champloo

Heard thyve just released it all on dvd quite recently.. well i say it all but theyve only released episodes 1-17,
    cant they release it all at once....?

i myself loved this anime.. blood... action.. comedy.... its all there and some wierd storylines to boot...

anyone out there not seen it , i highly reccomend it...

<p>please every1 by all means add ur thots</p>

20. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

gyah! i know, i love that show... i was screaming and yelling and routing (?) for the charaters when they were fighting. heck, even my dad was on the edge of his seat. lol.

but do you happen to know how many episodes there are?
    or is it just from 1-17...?