Samurai Champloo Samurai Champloo!!!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Ciel, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I too finaly got to watch it. Looks preety decent. Don't see why everyone is going so crazy over it, but it looks allright. I didn't watch it for a while though because it took the place of FMA, which sukcs!:p

-Seishin

2. MaesHughes

MaesHughes New Member

I watch this show whenever I can. I hated it when I first saw it because it took FMA's place in the Saturday night line-up, but it got better with each episode. I've only missed a few episodes, but other than that, it's a really cool anime.

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I have the first volume. I have yet to watch it. Along with countless others. I wish I had more time. Right now all I want to do is draw or write when I should be cleaning. Does anyone know how many volumes there is?

4. Alucard21

Alucard21 New Member

well there are 26 episodes in total. :) some better than others but all funny and action packed.

5. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Moved to the Samurai Champloo forums

- Teddz

6. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Currently on episode 23, dont know when i will find time to download the rest. =(

7. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

I love all Samurai animes. So, naturally, I got addicted to this one. I love the animation and the fight scenes are what make my week. Im still waiting for them to put RK back on but until then, Ill be watching this.

1 person likes this.
  8. Ouka

Ouka New Member

I think I missed the first episode. I love the ending theme, Shiki no Uta, and it's an awesome show...the art is beautiful.

1 person likes this.
  9. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Indeed the art is very beautiful. I enjoy Mugen's personality, he's so wild. :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Orion

Orion Gears

Mugen is indeed one wild dude. Did anyone see the one with the serial killer? Thats was my favorite episode ever... :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  11. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

I think this is a really good anime. I love the way the Art looks, and how the characters being so differnt from one an other. When I seen the first episode, I was like, bleh.. that was okay, but then I seen the second and it seemed to just get better. Though there has been a few episodes where I was bored to death by watching them, the majority of them are really good.

12. Nat's Revenge

Nat's Revenge New Member

Well a year ago I was watching Extreme Home Makeover and the kid loved Anime. So they hired the guy who drew Champloo to do draw a murial in the kids bedroom. The whole room was of Champloo. At that point I had no idea who he was and never heard of the anime. He described it as a Hip-Hop Samurai show. Never heard anything about it again for 6 months, then I started hearing things here and there through conventions, magazines and word of mouth. Low and behold just I was reading a Newtype magazine about Champloo, Cartoon Network premiered it.

I have seen multiple episodes and I like it. It's worth the watch.

13. Kawaii-neko163

Kawaii-neko163 New Member

That's so awesome to have one's room be drawn by the actual creator! I'd totally faint if Tanemura Arina did that to my room. Or CLAMP or Hino Matsuri or Yukiru Sugisaki. Ahahaha I can't help but love them all.

But that's so amazing that they could do that. I so wanna sign up to have that done to my room.

*Cough* uh on to the actual topic...my favorite character is Jin. ;) I love mugen's style of battle though. Mixing break dancing with sword play. Totally awesome. I've noticed throughout this series that there's no sappy love between any of the characters. In a way that's a good thing.

The voices are awesome too. They picked the right people to display the emtions of the characters. Jin's voice (I think) is the voice ofTrowa from Gundam Wing. It's a little lower in this series but I just heard a familiar ring to it. My brother says Mugen's voice is Spike's and Fuu's is Faye's but I can't hear the similiarity. Mugen's voice does sound like Spikes though.

Also, what do sunflowers smell like anyway? We aren't growing any but I can't recall there even being a scent. Is there one? :confused:

1 person likes this.
  14. Takamatsu1986E

Takamatsu1986E New Member

heh i love it. finally found something to replace the "talk for an hour, attack once, resume talk" swordfighting that's so common in anime anymore.... this is at least halfway realistic.

15. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

well, the fighting is really realilistic. thankfully.

With the japanese sword, the edge is super hard and therefore holds an edge like no other blade on earth. its one of the finest cutting weapons ever created by human hands. Its often compared to the a razor blade because its easily that sharp. However, the edge while sharp is brittle because its thin and super hard. Thus contact with another blade can easily chip or even break a sword. So the ideal in Kenjutsu is that you want to cut your opponent, not his sword. Obviously some contact is impossible to avoid. So, when Jin or Mugen are fighting they're trying to cut their opponents down by contacting their bodies not there swords.

16. Sabrina

Sabrina New Member

Samauri Champloo is slowly becoming my favourite anime...it's so close to InuYasha. I love the art..its so original and different than other anime. The characters are so sexy! :p

17. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Samurai Champloo ended well, Jin looked very hot in the last episode ^__^