Debate Save others at the cost of a life?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nephilim_X, May 5, 2005.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

And Hitler saw the Jews and others as evil. Truly, horrible evil. As evil as we see him, if not more so. He believed they would undermine and destroy all civilisation. He believed this as fiercely as luvweaver believes in God. :)p)

You're close. He wasn't jealous of them. He hated them for their attempts to destroy Germany, his fatherland that he loved so much. He killed the people he killed because he genuinely saw them as a threat to the entire world, not even just the Germans. In his mind, the jews were evil.

You say you see evil for what it is; and yet, so would Hitler. He would say that he sees the evil in people that no one else can see, and that evil must be destroyed. Even if you don't see that evil that he saw, even if it were only percieved, and not actual, he still believed in that evil with all of his heart, and he fought with every ounce of strength he had.

Let me now ascertain that I do not worship Hitler, or follow his beliefs, or indeed, see him in the same light many others do; evil. However, I know more than most do about him, and it's given me a different viewpoint on him. I know the what, as well as the why.

(Just don't want to cause any confusion here)

Isn't it a sin to kill? Or to let die?

Love the sinner, hate the sin. I would hate that she did it, and would try to put an end to it, and I would do so out of my love for her. Not because I would hate her for doing it, but because I would be afraid of what could happen to her if she didn't stop.

It's Neph's disease, ask him.

2. cold_katanagirl

cold_katanagirl New Member

I don't believe in God, so all the God stuff doesn't really apply to me. XD

I play Tales of Symphonia a lot, so that kind of influenced me, lol. I say try to find a way to make it so you don't have to kill anyone, because nobody deserves to be sacrificed.

But if there is no other way... I say only volunteers, because we don't have the right to do it to someone who isn't willing. You have to try and imagine it from their POV. If someone killed me for the "greator good" against my willl... I'd haunt you. :D

The problem with that is that people get out of control. You have the power ot kill one, so why not ten, hundred, thousand? We really don't have the right to do it, unless someone is willing or the person is so sick they're beyond repair and you get the family's permission or something.

3. Fushigi Rockna

Hmmm...I've only read part of this thread (because it's so huge as most threads in the debate forum are...not that that's a bad thing :) ) but I get the idea.

My thoughts:

If this GOOD (rather use the word good than innocent thank you) person willingly volunteered their life to save several people then I'm fine with it. While I'd feel extremly sad about this, and guilty, I'd know that what this perosn did was heroic and that they would be going to whatever after life wonderworld they believe in. (ie. Heaven, or whatever)
    This is exactly what Jesus did. (May i remind every one, I don't belong to ANY religion, I am atheist)

Tho, I wish there would be a way for no one to die...

4. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

Comic relief?

so your one of the people that are influenced by games that I heard about on the news.....j/k

i never thought about that
    "The problem with that is that people get out of control. You have the power to kill one, so why not ten, hundred, thousand?"
    knowing mankind, it would happen sooner or later.

i don't think theives should be killed though. they didn't hurt anyone. just nicked a few things. some of the most awsome people i know are theives.