Psychology Scruples

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Basher, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Scruples is one of those psychology game. It looks at people and how they are. We won't be playing it but just looking at questions from it. I own it. And if others do after a bit feel free to put up a few questions.

Here is 3 for now.

1. Your brother-in-law is unfaithful to your sister, do you tell your sister about his infidelities?

2. You find a wallet containing $300. By the address, you can tell that the owner is wealthy. Do you keep the money?

3. The government has given you a large tax refund by mistake. Do you inform them?

For me.

1. Yes, I would tell her but I doubt they would believe me. It is not like I lie a lot. I just willingly participate in the campaign of misinformation sometimes. LOL. They think I am hardcore because I can get over guys easily. Most the time it takes me just a week. I just see no point in crying. It gets you no where. That is why they are single now and I am seeing someone. Hehe. Have been since February.

2. Maybe. If I was low on money hell yeah. Finders’ keepers’ looser weepers. :D I would hide the evidence. Throw it away for it is just a wallet. Of course wipe off my finger prints. Hehe

3. No. It isn't like taking money from a stranger. They will find out and get you.

2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

...Did you jut say you'd not tell the government about it and let them get you?

Anyway.
    1) Of course; she deserves better.
    2) Unless I absolutely need that money to live (and I'm talking about to LIVE, not to live COMFORTABLY), I return it.
    3) Yeah. I wouldn't want to, but you don't screw the government over, especially since those tax dollars could help out the public at large.

3. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

1. I'd talk to him. AND record the conversation... just in case. Depending on what he says, I'd show it to her.

2. Return it. Hey, if the man's wealthy, perhaps it could end up in a convenient friend$hip ;-). Oh yeah, if it's just about ethics, I'd return it :p

3. Define "mistake". And what's the quantity? If by "mistake" you mean it's obvious enough, then yeah, i'd return it. But then again, this may vary from country to country.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

1. Yes, that ***** doesn't deserve her.

2. i know what the right thing would be to do. but i wouldn;t give it back.

3. yes, it's okay for you to make a tax mistake, but i'll be damned if the govenment won't make your life hell if they ask for the money back and you don't have it.

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

1. Yes, I'd tell her. I'd try to find a tactful way to do it, but I would tell her, and I would try my best to help her through it.

2. I'll admit this one's a toughie, but I'd return it. I'd rather not have it weigh on my conscience.

3. Yes. Cheating the government isn't exactly a good idea. ;)

6. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

1. I would tell her after all you are just trying to protect her form harm in the future

2. I might return it if you do they might give you a reward for finding it or they could say that you stole it and try to get you with theft this is a though choice

3 I would tell the gov if you don't you regret it in the future

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I would tell her, then stage an incredibly elaborate and mentally damaging bust on the cheater. I'm talking fireworks, stage lights, six lions and a musical number composed by Danny Elfman. I would then videotape the affair and make sure to show it to as many people as this guy knows, especially his boss.

8. Yossarian

Just take him on Cheaters.. so the world will know!

9. Basher

Opps. I would tell them. :sweat:

Darn a lot of you answered quickly too. Ready for the next batch or someone else can?

10. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

1. I have a habbit of telling the truth about people whether it's good or not, so...yeah.

2. It's mine now!

3. Nah. If they don't realize it, it's mine. If they do realize it, it's still mine because they gave it to me. If they want it back they would have to take it over my dead body. But the irony in that is that once I get my own house, I'm gonna hook up some portal vital sign sensing things to me that sends the data to my computer at my house, when they say that I'm dead the computer will recieve that and initiate Operation CDMH which will blow up/burn down my house and everything in it. Everything I own will be in it therefore the government gets nothing I own when I die.

Suckers.

11. Yossarian

that has to be the dumbest thing you've ever said :anger2:

If you spend the money it definatly will be over you're dead body, they'll kill you.

12. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

I know a lot of people who'd like to argue with that.

Who said I spent it at that point of time? I could of just left it in one of the secret compartments I'm going to add on.

13. Yossarian

once your in prison what are you going to do with the money... :sad:

14. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Hmm.. after looking this up it seems to derive from the Latin word 'scrupulus', meaning a sharp pointy stone. (Now for another useless fact)

1. Of course. I'd probably give him a good whack over the head too.

2. No.. I would feel guilty whether I'm in absolute poverty or not. Hopefully if I went to the house of this person in a state of disarray they might give me some money to help me out. Maybe the person who owned the wallet will become a support for me to help me get over any problems causing me to be poor. And, if I weren't poor.. I wouldn't need the money and would give the wallet back to the person intact.

3. I heard of a teenage guy who supposedly, by accident, received 90 dollar cheques for entertainment every day. He was totally ticked off when they took this from him.. but that is money that can go to other social service programs and help society. I would most likely give the money back, even if the government would not give me anything in return.

15. Basher

I thought some answers were interesting. Here are some more.

1. Your country has been attacked by an aggressive foreign power. Do you volunteer to fight?

2. As a lawyer, do you defend someone who you know is guilty of a vicious rape?

3. The construction company where you are employed is doing shabby work, dangerous work. If you tell the client, the company may go bankrupt and you may be unemployed. Do you tell?

4. Your car will soon need a new transmission. Do you sell it without informing the buyer?

5. In a job application, you are asked if you ever had psychiatric care. You saw a psychiatrist for depression five years prior. Do you mention it?

Here are my answers.

1. No. I hate to admit it until my situation changes it would be no. My son doesn’t really have anyone but me. My family is there but I would hate to lay this responsibility on them. They have enough problems as it is. His father isn’t even there.

2. Another hard question for me. Unless appointed I would say no. A few people I know were rape. It would hit way to close to home. I could always use that to get out of it. More times then not there will be an appointed attorney for cases like this. For me the money wouldn’t be worth it.

3. Yes. I couldn’t sleep at night if someone got hurt. And I wouldn’t want to work for the company if they were doing that anyway.

4. If it is working fine now, I would say no. We all know how mechanics are anyway. It could take a year or more.

5. No. It is my business not theirs. It was five years after all.

So That guy did you think we wanted to ask about a sharp pointy stone?

16. Yossarian

1. No, I’m better at using my intelligence then brute force.

2. It’s your job.

3. Yes, I could always find another job.

4. No.

5. Yes.

17. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

1. Yes if I'm old enough and I'm eligible because I have to take medicine for my thyroid every day even though I don't feel any different if I forget to take it.

2. No.

3. Yeah. I can always get another job.

4. If it works perfectly fine now, no. If it's starting to mess up already, yeah.

5. No. My business is my business.

18. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

1. I'm a pacifist to the core. I avoid fighting at almost any cost. However that doesn't mean I wouldn't volunteer, I'd just volunteer to work as a non-combatant.

2. No indeed. If I knew for a fact that he was guilty, even if I was appointed to defend him, I would refuse. I wouldn't want to aid anyone who's done something like that.

3. I would talk to my supervisor first, bringing my concerns to the people who can change it. If they refused I'd tell the client. Doing sloppy work is one thing, but possibly endangering lives is quite another.

4. Yes. I don't like to lie, and a lie of omission is no less of a lie. I'd rather tell him now than have him come after me after he finds out for himself.

5. 5 years is a long time though. I'd think it wouldn't be as important, and I'd probably not mention it, since it's so far in the past.

Now, these are all the answers I'd *like* to do. Really though, you have to be in one of those situations to know for sure. I've seen people say they'd do one thing and then actually do another, and I've done it myself. You really have to be there.

19. Dante

Dante New Member

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Yes.

1. No.

2. No. If my memory serves me right it is actually a violation of your law degree and your job as a lawyer if you are found to purposely defend someone you KNOW is guilty. Of course, a lot of people do it anyway, but I wouldn't... I wouldn't risk my license over that nor would I want him back on the street. I'm not going to commit an illegal act to hide an illegal act.

3. Well we could always wait until the roof caves in over the little boy's head... but yeah, I'd tell.

4. Lemon law. Of course I would.

5. I'd mention that I saw all five of my psychiatrists for the past nine years and that I've been medicated thrice.

20. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

1 probably

2 no i would not

3. I would tell the client

4 I would tell them they might buy it cheaper and you won't have to go court over it.

5 doubtful