Psychology Scruples

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Basher, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

1. Your country has been attacked by an aggressive foreign power. Do you volunteer to fight?

Haha are you kidding? With my eye sight I'ld be a liability, so even if I did volunteer they would turn me down.

2. As a lawyer, do you defend someone who you know is guilty of a vicious rape?

nope.

3. The construction company where you are employed is doing shabby work, dangerous work. If you tell the client, the company may go bankrupt and you may be unemployed. Do you tell?

I tell higher athority... am called a whistle blower... am considered a hero by some, and by others something lowwer than a rat's ... get mobbed by the angry former employs.... keep recieving death threats... live a miserable life afterwards and give an interview on Dateline with my face shadowed over so nobody will know it's me (but they will anyway).

4. Your car will soon need a new transmission. Do you sell it without informing the buyer?

I inform the buyer... because of the lemon laws.

5. In a job application, you are asked if you ever had psychiatric care. You saw a psychiatrist for depression five years prior. Do you mention it?

Yes...

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Been a while.

Here are more.

1. Your friend gets drunk and confides that a month ago, he seriously injured a pedestrian and didn't stop. Do you report your friend?

2. You win a tennis tournament because your opponent's final volley is ruled "out." You saw it was in. Do you tell the umpire?

3. A land settlement gives First nation people thousands of square miles and millions of dollars. Someone has a petition opposing any giveaway. Do you sign it?

4. At the beginning of a job interview the owner remarks: “You’re the first white face I’ve seen all day.” Later when you’re offered the job, do you take it?

5. You know one of your friends is beaten by their mother or father. Do you report it?

My answers.

1. I am loyal to my friends so this would be hard to say. I would tell them I am pissed off at them and I don't know what to do. I would advise them to turn themselves in.

2. No. Umpires rules all. Hehe

3. I would say no. My family generations before me took their home atleast with the money left over we should be able to give them something.

4. If it is a good job yes. If I see only white people there I would quit or try and get them to confess to it. It might be a side comment but chances are it wasn't.

5. Yes. Child abuse is tragic no kid should live threw that.

3. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Ooh, I wish I'd seen this thread earlier ^^ I <3 this game, even though I've never actually played it (I've watched other people play it a bunch of times, though =P).

1. Your friend gets drunk and confides that a month ago, he seriously injured a pedestrian and didn't stop. Do you report your friend?

Depends on how close of a friend he/she is and how serious the injury was, but in the end, probably not. I'm sure I'd lose some sleep over it, though, and I'd probably advise that they turn themselves in, like Basher.... a guilty conscience can be a terrible thing to live with.

2. You win a tennis tournament because your opponent's final volley is ruled "out." You saw it was in. Do you tell the umpire?

I'd like to say yes, but in reality, I'd have to be in the situation to be able to say for certain. I think I'd have to, though, because in the end, a trophy is just a piece of metal or plastic or whatever, and every time I looked at it, it would remind me of what I'd done... I don't think I could live with that.

3. A land settlement gives First nation people thousands of square miles and millions of dollars. Someone has a petition opposing any giveaway. Do you sign it?

No. Same reasons as Basher.

4. At the beginning of a job interview the owner remarks: “You’re the first white face I’ve seen all day.” Later when you’re offered the job, do you take it?

Another one where I'd really like to do the right thing, but I'll be honest, I could see myself accepting if it was a job that I really wanted (or if I *really* needed the money) ... but I'd probably end up quitting eventually out of guilt.

5. You know one of your friends is beaten by their mother or father. Do you report it?

Depends on the age of the friend/the severity of the abuse/etc. If I have an eleven year old friend that's been beaten beyond recognition and is too scared to stand up for herself, then yes, I'd definitely report it. But I'm not going to make other people's decisions for them if they don't want me to, as long as they're not in any *serious* danger. The abuse would have to be pretty major before I'd say something to somebody, but there is a point where I'd feel morally obligated to, even if my friend would end up hating me for it.