Recreation Self Esteem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, Dec 6, 2001.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Okay whatever I went to school as an anime character for Halloween... this doesn't make me immature.
    It just means that I don't exactly care what others think of me, and people notice this and I can get along with them...now if people knew that I was a fan of anime and I was ashamed of it they would tease me about it. This is
    do to the psychology of humans...to assault the weak, And me going around saying "Love and Peace" and wearing the Sano costume is showing bravery and self confidence(sorry to sound deluded... [​IMG]). But I try not to do this too often, I love preaching and helping people with moral issues to be a lot more (and sometimes I use examples form anime's such as Kenshin).

I'm sorry if that sounded too harsh or anything..I'm in a really bad mood today because I have parents that forced me to drop the date I had this Saturday probably because of past incidences in my family that I don't really want to talk about. Well that's the reason I believe it is... but the problem according to them is that they can't drive her back to her house (which is 45 minutes away) for unknown reasons...

Errrr...sorry to bring that into the discussion [​IMG]

2. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

I've personally never cosplayed before, but that comes more from a lack of opportunity than from a lack of desire to (I live in a part of the USA which is home to one anime convention a year when I am usually travelling abroad for my work). If I had the chance to cosplay, I'd certainly do so regardless of the fact that I am a senior in college. I've long since given up categorizing most likes, dislikes and hobbies into categories of "mature" or "immature". To me, people are who they are and like what they like and will pretty much do so regardless of what others think (and believe me, considering all the places in this country I've lived and visited, very little, if anything, about human behavior shocks me anymore). The only things I find immature these days are behaviors and a lack of decorum and respect in one's dealings with others. (i.e. every other customer I get at my work). While I may personally not find an individual's hobbies to be in step with mine, and even possibly age-inappropriate, such things no longer really bother me. Life's far too short and complex, in my opinion, to worry about it.

Guy, sorry to hear about your date. Parents can really be twits sometimes. *hugs*

~ Lady Aoi: Plans on Cosplaying as Hanagata one of these days even though her friends tell her to cosplay as Lime.

3. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

That wouldn't happen to be what Musashi was telling me about near halloween, would it? I have a piccy of it on my msn.

------------------
    ~The SUPER OTAKU!!!

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

No pain? You mean I shouldn't be feeling any remorse for beating up on them?

No crying? How about an island with waterfalls?

BakaMattSu, "I own an island off the coast of Isla Nublar..."

5. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

*glomps Lady Aoi*

After talking with my parents for like 4 hours they finally gave up [​IMG] So I'm happy now(it's my first date actually...It'd be bad if it went wrong).

Oh Meaikoh yeah it was [​IMG]...but I was going to be Vash the Stampede b4, but I couldn't get my hair to spike up insanely... So I went as Sanosuke.

GENKI GENKI MINNA SAN!

Oh yeah you shouldn't worry about people thinking bad things about you. I know this may be a bit hard... but believe they are thinking good things of you! because it will just make you more and more depressed if you think everyone's out to destroy you.

[This message has been edited by That guy! (edited 12-12-2001).]

6. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Coo! wish I couldve seen your costume. It's impossible for me to dress up as anything anime, my hair is just too curly...

------------------
    ~The SUPER OTAKU!!!