Seta Soujirou or Okita Shoushi/Soujirou

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Hitokiri_Gensai, May 5, 2003.

1. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

anyone else out there a fan of Seta Soujirou or his real life counterpart Okita Shoushi?

big fan ^_^x anyone that can move that fast just plain kicks ***.

actually the sword he uses in the battle against Kenshin in Mount Hiei the Kiku ichimonji norimune is Okita Soushi's famous katana

Soujirou is actually the name that Okita Soushi first went by *...hmmmmmmm* but he changed his name to Soushi during the Bakumatsu. He came down with Consumption now called Tuberculosis. during the night of the Ikedaya Affair he fell to the groud coughing up a shocking amount of blood. he was later sent to a Tuberculosis hospital in Edo where he died at the age of 25. according to a couple of sources he was a real live bish *^_^x;* he, like Soujirou, was a prodigy at the sword. he entered Kondo's dojo at the age of 9 and by the time he was 14 was an accomplished swordsman. he handled a katana bokken and shinai equally well. he is considered to the be one of the three strongest swordsman in the Shinsengumi. he created a specialty technique that consisted of three steps with coridinated with three forward stabs. during the Ikedaya affair most of the Ishin Patriots there we're handicapped by the small halls and rooms they fought in. but Okita and most of the Other Shinsengumi Officers there were in there prime. Saitous Left handed Forward Thrust and Okita's Three Step Pierce plus the Hirazuki of the Tennen Rishin Ryuu School were perfect for fighting in enclosed space...

2. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

wow i never realized all that...i am so caught up in history mostly aruond kenshin i miss the characters like Saito Hijime, Okita(Whatever his last name was), Seta...ect...thanks Hitokiri Gensai!

3. Hitokiri_Gensai

*bows* quite welcome. Okita Soushi is his name btw

4. DistantSamurai

oh ok...hehe how long have you been "studying" kenshin?

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

6 years? i think...ive been studying Nihon Kenjutsu for 7 tho

6. Odin

Odin Member

I'm definitely a fan of Seta.

Proof (this picture was taken about two and a half years ago):

Attached Files:

• me!.jpg
      me!.jpg
      File size:
      37.7 KB
      Views:
  7. DistantSamurai

haha nice!:D

8. Hitokiri_Gensai

*laughs* thats awesome! damn that is really good!!!

9. Odin

Odin Member

Thanks. It was my first time cosplaying, too.

Too bad Seta doesn't reappear after the Kyoto arc . . .
    -Odin

10. DistantSamurai

yes...but you looked sooo cool haha sooo much like Seta!

11. Hitokiri_Gensai

as far as i know he doesnt ever come back cause he decided to wander like kenshin and find out what he lacked after all that time...heh your a great cosplayer! *laughs* im thinking of going as Okita Soushi to Otakon ^_^x

oh btw visit the japanese Section to discuss your Kenjutsu style with the rest of the world ^_^x

12. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

*as usual, a little late...*
    Hey! Taht was a nice cosplay!! You look liek my friend Garett. 0_o

13. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I liked Seta after knowing the story of his past, I really felt sorry for him, and how he put up with it.. I am not surprised how he turned to!

14. Hitokiri_Gensai

well its interesting how he decided to wander like Kenshin...because his Shun Ten Satsu was defeated he felt that the truth that Kenshin had found was the correct one...But Kenshin said that he wasnt the one that was right and that he needed to figure it out for himself...

15. DistantSamurai

i thought that Seta was a very interesting character...how he shut all emotions out of himself after all that happened in his past was a very unique quality about him...

16. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

The soujiro cosplay is a perfect likeness!
    Maybe i should do my saitou cosplay sometimes, if i get a better outfit and such..
    Ah well, I'm a modern Saitou!
    :D

17. Bloody Vixen

Bloody Vixen Guest

I wonder whether Saito ever noted the eerie resemblence between Sou and Soshi? Can anyone tell me why can't we have our own customed avatar?

18. Sanosuke

Sanosuke New Member

I look like Sanosuke in that one scene in Rurouni Kenshin where he does battle with Saitou... ;) Possible cosplay candidate? :)

[​IMG]

Sanosuke!
    Japan - July 2003

19. Christabel

Christabel New Member

Seta's my fav character! Like Zanza, I felt sorry for him too and sure I wished they had shown more of him.

20. Okita

Okita New Member

I'm not sure why a nearly two month old thread has been responded to recently, but I don't really care.

I much prefer Okita to Seta (he was a psychotic, smiling, perfect killing-machine...). In fact I prefer Okita Souji to everybody... (I use Souji instead of Soushi, although it's difficult to know which is correct, the kanji is the same for both versions). He wasn't just a prodigy, but a good person who preferred peace to war, he had a smile on his face most of the time (not for Soujirou's reason, and it became tinged with sadness when Okita found out he had TB), and loved to play with children.

I've heard that he started to study under Kondou at age 8 and defeated the kenjutsu master of the Shirakawa fief (where he was born) at age 12, as opposed to 9 and 14, but that's not too important, as well as the latter more likely.

However, I don't believe that he coughed up so much blood during the Ikeda-ya affair, that would have been too early, TB kills in a shorter amount of time.

Also, I've heard that his three thrust attack is the Sandanzuki.