Seta Soujirou or Okita Shoushi/Soujirou

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Hitokiri_Gensai, May 5, 2003.

1. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

the reason he coughed up so much blood during the Ikedaya affair was because he was over exerting himself as well as the cold night air so a combination of the two would be deadly...and legend goes that he died trying to kill a cat in Edo at the age of 25.

2. Christabel

Christabel New Member

Kill a cat?? Why's that?:confused:

3. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

do you mean cat as in a geisha Gensai? I don't rememebr hearing anything about his death...but if that is the case then it would be quite a strange case yes? ^_^

4. Hitokiri_Gensai

apparently it just got in his way....he tried to kill it with a sword and ended up failing and die there...or so the legend goes...

5. DistantSamurai

wow...that kinda stinks...such a great and legendary swordsman dying because a cat got in his way...that is kinda sad actually...i would have thought her died in honor...in a fight...protecting someone...:p

6. Hitokiri_Gensai

well after the Bakumatsu ended he was very ill and was sent to a teberculosis hospital in Edo...

7. DistantSamurai

hmmm well that explains it lol...well he was a great swordsman non the less...he is one of my favs along with Seta, and Tomoe and Battousai and well...ok so my list of favs go far but Okita is definately very high up there^_^

8. Kenshinfan

Kenshinfan New Member

i love Seta he is an awsome cherecter espesly how he shuts off all emoitions!!! he is my fav charecter!!:D he rocks

9. Okita

Okita New Member

Well, my opinion of Seta has improved since CN has finally begun to show Kenshin's and Sou's battle. He's still a distance away from Okita though. (I don't think I'll ever forgive Kenshin for cracking the Kikuichi Norimune...that was Okita's sword...)

I don't think that the cat-killing story of his death sounds accurate, but this's just my opinion. He wasn't the type of person to just kill something because it got in his way from what I've heard. It just doesn't sound like something that someone who loved to play with children and smiled a lot would do.... Also, doesn't consumption make the victim bedridden? If so, he wouldn't have been wandering around Tokyo anyways...

I hadn't heard that he'd overexerted himself in the Ikeda-ya Affair; if that's true then I guess his coughing up of blood resulting in fainting is reasonable.

10. Hitokiri_Gensai

well as i said thats just a legend of him dying like that...as for fact its true that he did cough up a shocking amount of blood during the Ikeda-ya affair...from then on Nagakura Shinpachi took command of the Ichibantai whenever Okita was sick. id say that Soujirou was changed quite a bit from Okita Soushi...as you said Okita was a nice person who loved to play with children and stuff...

its interesting how Watsuki-sensei gave Soujirou both the Nagasone Kotetsu (Kondo Isami's katana) and the Kikuichi Monji Norimune (Okita Soushi's Sword)

11. Christabel

Christabel New Member

Wow, I didn't soujiro use okita's sword. I must have not be paying attention well enough. How he get in the first place is a mystery. I wouldn't be suprised if Saito is the one using it. Yeah, I sure don't like to think Okita died, trying to kill a cat. Glad it's just a legend.

12. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) *kicks self* I missed that episode when Seta Soujiro was fighting Kenshin, I'm sure that was a good episode. Well, in keeping with the subject, what was the name Okita's sword again? I'm just wondering.:cool:

Attached Files:

13. Hitokiri_Gensai

its called the Kiku Ichimonji Norimune actually Ichimonji is the name of a stance. for instance the jujimonji is the "ten stance" which incorperates using both swords crossed in the "juu" poisition...

14. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) Thanks, that clears up any cogwebs that might be in my mind if I had one, I wonder how Seta Soujiro had gotten a hold of Okita's sword. I know that happens to be a mystery.:cool:

15. Hitokiri_Gensai

he also used Kondo Isami's sword the Nagasone Kotetsu...so its a mystery but i suspect Shishio somehow managed to get a hold of them at the End of the Bakumatsu...

16. Christabel

Christabel New Member

Maybe Chou the broomhead got it for Shishio.

17. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) Now, there an idea on how Shishio ended up with Kondo's sword, but I still wonder how Seta Soujiro got Okita's sword though. :cool:

18. Hitokiri_Gensai

well perhaps but then again perhaps not because Chou searches out the most powerful and the strongest swords not because they're famous...and he favors over all swords made by the swordsmith Shakku...

19. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) I like finding out things, I know how Kenshin had got his new reverse-blade because I have seen the episodes. I was just wondering how Seta Soujiro had gotten a hold of Okita's sword, this is just a guess from me, it's that Seta Soujiro was given that sword.:cool:

20. Christabel

Christabel New Member

yeah but by whom?