Trigun Should there be a Trigun game?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Yellow_13, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Yellow_13

Yellow_13 New Member

What do you think? :dizzy2: Judges? :glazed:

1 person likes this.
  2. Hyoga

Hyoga New Member

I thing there should be one. All the gun shooting, it would be a fun game in my opinion. :anime:

1 person likes this.
  3. vash the stampede

vash the stampede New Member

that would be an awesome game behind view whith cell shaded graphics and you could do those dive shots that vash does it would be sooo cool lets make one.

1 person likes this.
  4. Hice

Hice New Member

There were once plans to make a Trigun VG, but it never came to be. (Read in Wizard Magazine). But the game would work best either as a fps, or a third person game, perhaps in the style of devil may cry or soul reaver games.

5. vash the stampede

yeah i agree 3rd person view would work the best if they made a game for it.how can they maje a game for initial d and not trigun i dont understand there logic.

6. Yellow_13

Yellow_13 New Member

Oh yeah....Ummm....It kinda forgot... Vash does not kill his opponents. How could you make a trigun game without killing opponents... That would kinda be weak even with all the cool dives and stuff.

7. vash the stampede

well you could be wolf wood and then you could kill everybody ya :anime: .

8. Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan New Member

They should do a game where you could be Legato . . . You see someone who irritates you, click "A" and get to decide what to make him do . . . Strangle himself, shoot his best friend, massacre a town . . .

And then, at the very end, you get to use your own words (or any other means your sadistic little heart can think of) to try and get Vash to kill you!
    ^_^ Such joy this would bring to the world!

1 person likes this.
  9. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Yes, as stated, Vash doesn't kill. So we'd end up with a conclusion made by Game Revolution on the VG of "Minority Report" (I haven't seen the movie but I know what it's about...

- So much murder in a murderless world?

10. Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan New Member

I guess you could be Vash, and have one of the "goals" be to incapacitate, not kill. Like "You shot his arm-good job! Plus fifty points" and "You killed him you blood-thirsty barbarian *Sob* he had a wife and kids *Sniffle* You lose one hundred points!"

Though it would get irritating.

11. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I could see it taking shape as a good old-fashioned, sprite-based, SNES game. Yeah, I'd buy it. Although, I somehow couldn't see it taking shape as a PS2, XBOX, or Gamecube game. Maybe it's my attachment to things from days past. Who knows?

But yes, there should be a Trigun game.

12. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

In my opinion, yes!.... but, besides, what do you do when your Vash!? run around looking for dounuts?
    Unless theres a story that we dont know!? Because it would just be repetitive to see all the anime cutscenses. It'd be fun, but it wouldnt make money. Anime games never were good. Take a look at the rating i gave to the FMA game in the Videogames section. I've never heard of a good anime-based game being good, unless they try time and again (DBZ: Budokai 3).
    However much i love FMA, the game wasn't good.
    Im sure Trigun wont make a difference.
    If there was one, Id buy it. But not for 50 or 40 Dollars like all games are worth these days.

-KaiyonTormentor

13. Seishin

Seishin Guest

yeah....a trigun game would be pointless. preety much pointless
    all anime games never were good.

14. Reisti Skalchaste

See, now you guys are generalizing. Stereotyping.

Just because almost every other anime game was crappy, it doesn't mean this one will be? I mean, if it was fan made...

15. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

How right you are! Fan made Anime games would be a lot better. I have a preety big list of what i would have changed for the FMA game. I think if some cool fans and some hardcore fans got together, they would make a game all the fans like. Then Anime games would be cooler.

-KaiyonTormentor

16. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Should there be a video game? I'm not a big fan of FPS, but some sort of RPG might not be too bad. I am a big DMC fan though, so that kind of game could work, depending on which character you used.

And yeah, we all wish it was always a fan of the series or book or whatever came before that was making these games, but the problem is finding a fan who's a game programmer, has the money to make it...Because even if they asked fans' opinions, opinions will differ, and would you really hire somebody on the basis that they're a fan of whichever game you're making?

17. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

You have a point. I guess you can't really have the perfect game unless you have a team of perfect and creative fans. Guess you cant really have a game like Trigun perfect. But they gotta find a way to make it better. Like survey or something...idk!

-KaiyonTormentor

18. Reisti Skalchaste

The way I see it, the only way to make a perfect game, is to direct it yourself. Obviously, when you are in charge of the making of a game, once it's finished, it should be the perfect game, right? Made exactly how you want it.

Shinryu - If you want something done right, do it yourself.

19. Seishin

Seishin Guest

What about the people that made it? Didn't they do it themselves. I guess some producers are either cheap, or on a budget. Maybe when X-Box Next or PS3 s released, maybe Trigun can be a good Cell Shaded game that takes really long to beat like some good games out right now (Final Fantasy's).

I say this because if it was 3-D, it wouldn't look as good or as Anime-ish as the real thing.

20. Reisti Skalchaste

Actually, I can kinda see it coming in similar to Xenogears, animation-wise. And as an RPG. Perhaps they could coin a trick from Legend of Dragoon, and make hits based on timing?

Great, now I'm all exited about a game that'll likely never be made...

As for directing and budgeting, most creators of games based on an anime series are intending to leech off the popularity of the series. Just look at Yu-Gi-Oh, Forbidden Memories. Game was awful, and it didn't even follow all the rules. I think they put maybe a dollar into making it, because they knew that fans would blindly buy it.

Anyway, that's enough ranting.