Current Affairs Some real sick stuff.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nightmare, Oct 20, 2005.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Hey, let's just be happy that this twisted pair is off the street and won't harm anybody else ever again. Considering the girl was the last one to survive that's no small miracle she managed to escape and turn them in.

Dante's inferno or not, at least thier spree is at an end.

~W

2. Orion

Orion Gears

Uh, yeah good point. Hell is a place of eternal suffering. I see no happiness whatsoever. :rolleyes:

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

4. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

It was a figure of speech I know there is no happiness in hell

5. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Uhhh Dont compare this to Gladiator fights seeing how you know nothing of history.. Dispite the opinion of Hollywood.. Gladiator fights were more like UFC..

Anyway this case is no different then Canada's own Carla Hamoka and her husdband who is still in jail..

Some ppl are just freaks with a sick taste for killing.. throw them in a cell lock the door and let them rot till they die i say..

6. Reisti Skalchaste

Does he really know nothing? I've never thought it wise to assume.

Karla Homolka, I don't understand why she was released from prison, but she has tough restrictions on her and it seems they won't be eased up any. I'd rather she was still in prison, but what can you do?

Now, I'm not one to usually argue for this point, but if someone is beyond help, if they're as sick and twisted as these people are, and have done something this horrible, do you think it's wise to put them in jails which are already overflowing, take up resources, and of course aren't perfectly secure, when it's clear that they won't ever reform? People like this won't see the error of their ways, to them it's natural, and acceptable. Why should the country waste resources housing and feeding these people, when the deeds they've done have so clearly left them undeserving?

As much as I hate it, I think they should get the death penalty. There are people who just *need* to get it.

7. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

Usually the first one to report a missing person is a relative…. If you lock up all the relative then who is going to do report them missing? The neighbors? Co-workers? If you live in a culture where everyone tends to mind their own business… then maybe you won’t be as missed if you disappear. You have a very good point, though. Surely the mail man, the tax collector, or some one would notice or think that hey things are piling up, I haven’t heard from them in ages, where are they?

And we consider ourselves better how? Oh wait those are only thoughts. Umm how do you kill someone over and over? That makes me think of this woman who poisoned her husband to death over and over…. Every time his heart stopped the doctors would revive him and the wife would try again.

How about the nice torture methods used during the European witch hunt’s? Of course there was ahem a just cause behind torturing and killing people who might have acted differently.

I wonder how they would react to a long time in solitary confinement...

You know there…. You can brain wash a person using certain techniques, of course generally the world frowns upon these techniques because they basically are torture.

A person becomes evil not by their thoughts, but when those thoughts become actions.

8. wertitis

This is an argument many self righteous people tend to use. I'm not saying that you're one of those people, Jackabee. I'm saying those who tend to have a holier-than-thou attitude tend to have that view. We're talking about a couple who molested and tortured an entire family for over two years, and kept one child a hostage for another four. The killing's ended in '98 and she didn't escape until 2002, by that time she was only 17. It's been almost four years since that girl mananged to escape and only recently has she LEARNED to smile again. That is irreperable damage.

Who that child once was, who she would have grown up to become, all those dreams she once hoped for are all gone. They're dead. She is still trying to pick up the pieces and build for herself a new life. She'll never EVER be the same again. It was as if they had put a gun to her head, ten years ago, and pulled the trigger. Her childhood is gone. Think of the last ten years of your life and simply replace it with nothing but pain, misery and fear. None one here, not one of us, can even begin to imagine what she went through. What her father had to go through, what her mother and grandmother had to go through.

How does exfoliation of thier bodies with an orange peeler make us different than them?

Simple: They aren't defenseless innocents who hadn't done anything to deserve the torture and madness thier victims had to experience.

I'm sure my hypocrasy must appear to be as boundless as my anger.

Quite true. Call me evil, but if the Government came up to me gave me some chains, a vehicle tow hook and turned the pair over to me I would honestly not hesitate to put an end to them over a sixty mile stretch of Interstate 10. I would gladly do it. Hell, I would probably go off-roading and leave them for the buzzards.

Prison is for those who simply murder. These two should not be allowed to revell in the memories of the lives they took and child they ruined.

That woman has my everlasting sympathy. Perhaps someday that strength that kept her alive will help her to at least live a semblance of a normal life.

God in heaven, I hope so.

9. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

Solitary confinement usually drives people crazy right? so if you put people who are already crazy in solitary confinement, will they turn sane?

on a more serious note...
    and THAT is why i believe there is no punishment we could possibly give these evil people. We cant give them what they really deserve.

1 person likes this.
  10. Reisti Skalchaste

Wert, I'm sorry, but I can't agree that they should exfoliate them with an orange peeler. :p For one, I don't think such retaliation is... well good. Why should we sink to their level to punish them? Secondly, I think the only way you'd be able to do that to them is if you found someone just as cruel as they were. Would you want to peel off someone's skin? I think not.

However, I think their lives should be ended. Like you say, why leave them to revel in their deeds; they won't feel remorse, except possibly for letting her escape.

I think, there is no "best" way to deal with them, no "right" way. Ideally we could make them understand what they did and experience it from the other end- no, ideally it'd never have happened. But I think the best thing that can be done now is to simply get rid of them. If for no other reason than to give that poor girl some peace of mind knowing they're gone forever.

You want my opinion? Ask her what she'd like to have done with them, and do that.

11. wertitis

Case in point. Sink to thier level? You'd have to lock up your family for two years slowly killing them off and then torture a little girl for another four before you got anywhere NEAR their level.

You can't make the devil feel sorry for what he's done. They know what they did and they enjoyed every last moment of it.

~W

12. Reisti Skalchaste

Clearly what they did is beyond any level anyone could ever sanely be, and well beyond the bounds of what punishment the law may deal out, but my point remains. Why should we bring them such harm when we know it won't do any good? The old cliche still applies, two wrongs *don't* make a right. It's not right to exfoliate them with an orange peeler, even considering what they did.

For one thing, it won't make them understand, it won't bring them remorse. Like you say, you can't make the devil feel sorry for what he's done. They'd only hate you for bringing them pain, having that done to them won't give them any more remorse than anything else we can do, so why not just get it over with?

There's no need to punish them in such an extreme, sadistic manner. The only real reason would be vengeance. And I'm sorry, but I will never believe that vengeance is a good thing.

13. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

Ewwwww... Can't believe no one noticed it for so long. Police only found out because girl told them. Thats weird...how come no one knew?? Thats is kinda...suspicious :confused: .

14. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

it's amazing what you can get away with when you're careful with your calculations and planning. s&m and snuff films combined make an interesting yet understandable fetish then. why watch a snuff film when you can make your own, and then use the video combined with the memory? and then when that gets old, you do it again, only make if new, refresh it. gotta keep it new and exciting.

welcome to they knew exactly what they were doing, and why. they enjoyed it. it might not have involved sex 24/7 or even at all when it was done. sometimes people are just cruel and revel in it.

a good amount of sound proofing or a remote location can provide an great location for such acts.
    it all comes down to selfishness and lust in the end. they only cared about themselves, their own enjoyment, and disreguarded those they used for said enjoyment. hell, they may even know full well what they are doing is wrong, they just don't care because they believe they won't get caught. and for the most part, these two were right. there is no recovery for that. all you'll do is waste money and prison space that could be used on someone that can learn and reclaim their lives. best to be done is to remove them from society in a way in which they can never return to hurt anyone else.

i'm glad they were caught, that the little girl is recovering, and that those two will be put to death.

15. Dante

Dante New Member

Why would you ask the girl what she wants done with them? Tortured for six years by a couple of sadomasochists, she finally gets free, is able to get away from them and TRY to reconstruct her life and you want to pour salt on her wounds by bringing it back up by asking her what SHE wants done with them? What if she can't give an answer, what if she's too traumatized to care... and what if she's developed a strange Stockholme-esque syndrome and decides they can be rehabilitated and should be let go? And what if she decides "Hey, you know what? Give me that orange peeler, I'll do it myself"... it's plausible that the acts of cruelty have worn into her so much that she could begin to feel that way herself and asking her for the punishment would only promote it.

Kill them now, fast, get it over with and move on. Nothings gonna change it and believe it or not, letting the girl decide what the Hell happens to them isn't ever going to make everything better. You should stop worrying about what to do with the sadomasochists and worry more about how this is going to affect the girl.