Movies Spiderman

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, May 5, 2002.

1. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I caught the debut of Spiderman with a few friends last night, and let me say this: GREAT MOVIE!!!
    I didn't think Toby McGuire could pull off the role, but he did pretty well. Surprisingly, even Kirsten Dunst couldn't ruin it either. Maybe it was just Sam Raimi's directing that held it all together ... I don't know. Well, that's enough name-dropping for now. The movie was made even better by all the stupid puns we were all making after the movie ended ... ahh, being disturbed is so much fun.
    Long story short, Spiderman was a great movie. Overall, it even followed a good deal of the comic book pretty well too, I thought. I look forward to the sequels (which McGuire has already been signed for, by the way).

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I repeat

:D Can't wait for the Hulk next year!!!

3. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

i wanna see the movie *spiderman* sniffsniff i was watching e! and they said it got $114 million dollars the first weekend thats like majorly WOW!!!!

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

after seeing some of the commercials, I thought this movie would be some little kiddie thing I WAS WRONG!!!!! what made the movie cool was the Danny Elfman music, the great acting(sarcastic jokes), and just the feel of it. SpiderMan is very dark, and the movie showed this.
    Did you guys catch any hint of BatMan in the movie? Elfman did the OST for BatMan as well. I especially liked the balcony battle, with the parade balloons (hint hint) and the dark scene where Peter is crouching on the edge of a gargoyle.

well, all I have to say was I WAS VERY MUCH IMPRESSED!!! AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR A SEQUEL!!!

theres so much Stan Lee coming out in movies, oh I JUST REMEMBERED~!!!! Did anyone catch Stan Lee's cameo!?? I had no no no idea he was going to be in it, then boom! there's his larger then life face screaming for his dear life in the balloon balcony fight. COOL STUFF!!!!

I hear the movie was based more along the lines of SpiderMan Unlimited, with the genetically enhanced spiders and all..

I had to add: THAT I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS MOVIE WHEN BRUCE CAMPBELL APPEARED IN IT!!!!

5. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I tell you, I was the only one who walked out of that theatre saying "damn, that was some good directing!", "that was Bruce Campbell!" or "hey, that was the guy who played Joxer the Mighty!". I was very disappointed, however, with J. Jonah Jameson's lack of a Hitler moustache.

6. alkhoon

alkhoon .: G.Heyer is my life :.

*sob* waaaaaaaaah! *sob*

i really want to see "Spiderman".... it still hasn't been released in my country... :(

*i have to get it somehow.... hmmm..... *

7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I was surrounded by little kids and stupid girls behind me who were upset when Peter said no to MaryJane and I whispered over to Scott, 'duh, they get married anyway' and then I hear 'you ruined it!' whispered in the back. and I was the only one giddy Joxer was in it, then oh so fell in love with Bruce when he appeared!!!

umm Dave tells me Lucy Lawless was in this movie. I don't recall seeing her... was she?

8. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Maybe so. The Renaisance Pictures cameos were everywhere in that movie ... maybe Mr. Raimi got a little carried away.
    I just have one thing left to say:

"They say that a hero can save us. I'm not gonna stand here and wait!"
    -Chad Kroeger, Hero-

9. alkhoon

alkhoon .: G.Heyer is my life :.

OMG! i just saw Spiderman! *speechless* i didnt expect it to be this goood.. cant wait for a sequel!! ^____^

10. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I know alkhoon. I thought it was going to be so horribly kiddish. but it was a lot like BatMan. and dark. I'm glad they didn't try to appeal to jus tthe lil kids. I mean hey, it was PG 13...

11. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

well i seen spider man.. and Its the best Movie Spine off of a comic book ive ever seen.. GREAT JOB!.. X-men was **** compared to this movie... My only problem was that i think the green goblin should have kept his original costume. But still he was awsome..

And I think that Whats his name Stan Lee has a cameo in this movie.,. When the green Goblin attacks the mid day party and stuff is falling everywhere I think you see stan lee pick up a kid and run. but then it could have been just some old dude who looks like him!

KaMe

GREAT MOVIE!

12. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Hmmm, I personally wouldn't recognize the Marvel Comics guru in a crowd of old men.

I heard this movie set a new record for first week revenue. Can anyone verify?

13. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

14. Energizer Bunny

well i know it grossed 114 million the first weekend setting a new record and then it set another record for most sales on a non-weekend/non-holiday (the first monday it was out) how much it grossed mon. i dunno and as for the first week...maybe kames site will say since ya knwo i didnt look at it or anything...lol maybe i should before spitting out info eh? yeah as for my opinion about the movie IT ROCKS THE NATIONS!!!!!!!1
    i thought it would be wonderful and it was even beyond that!! i saw it last nite and cant get over how amazing it was! the casting was superb! tobey macguire really brought peter parker to life and kirsten dunst was awesome as well--not to mention the goblin guy (cant remember his name!!eek!) he was exceelent in the role!especially the whole split personality thing...BRILLIANT!! i cant wait to see it again!(gotta find some cash first...darn!) the ending was grand and definitely left room for the sequel! sigh i have so much more to say about that film (which is SO going into my list of favs) but you guys are probably already saying THATS ENOUGH so ill stop but yeah if you havent caught on---I LOVE SPIDER-MAN!!!!

15. Energizer Bunny

oooo that was longer than i intended...^.^ *blushes and shrugs* sorry!

16. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

17. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

So I was not the only one who noticed stan lee in the film... As for Miss lawless being in the movie I dont think so because i can think of any femal charater being in the film that looked like her.. Maybe one of the wrestling girl was her dunno..

KaME

18. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I don't know, my bro brought up that he heard Lucy may be in it., but I would recall seeing her. I thought.. maybe she's one of those wrestle women.. but that would be such a tid-bit part.. even more so then Ted Raimi's and Breuce CampBell's

--did Sam Raimi produce or direct SeaQuest?

19. Energizer Bunny

SeaQuest!?!?! I dont know the answer to your question but boy did i love that show! id forgotten about it :(

20. darkhlite

darkhlite Guest

Hmm, nobodies mentioned the Daredevil movie...

Its due out on the 17th of January 2003!
    But theres one thing, Ben Affleck is playing Daredevil, he could be great or he could be crap.
    Hopefully great. :)
    Jennifer Garner is Elektra! imo, shes very wow.
    Oh and our fellow irishman Colin Farell is playing the baddie Bullseye aswell!

:D