Cowboy Bebop spike's martial art style?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by otakuotaku, Jul 1, 2003.

1. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

HaHa you ***. ill have to get the ep.. But i think at the same moment it shows the billboard spike is fighting and using the Jeet Kune Do.

but yes having a Poster Makes you A master.. ^_^

KaME

2. Kris Vega

Kris Vega New Member

Ed's Dad

Who cares about Spike after how bad Ed's dad schooled him AND Jet, when they had their guns on him. What style does Ed's dad use besides being big and strong?

He can probably own Vicious too. Thoughts?

3. SAMURAl_X

SAMURAl_X New Member

i feel that jeet kun do may be the freedom that all martial arts have.... i have a black belt in tae kwon do and the "forms" that you learn are just basic guidelines.....not rigid instuctions for attacking and defending. no matter what, you must train your reflexes to counter anything that comes your way. also i thought that Spike did a flying back kick during the ending battle of "Cowboy bebop the movie" can anyone confirm?

1 person likes this.
  4. k-ninja244IZZE4

k-ninja244IZZE4 New Member

Yes but bruce lee was a master in other styles of martial arts like wing chun karate and others and he said that Jeet kune do is for developing your own style bruce lee took jeet kune do from bit and pieces of styles here are some.
    Northen mantis
    southen mantis
    wing chun
    white crane
    tiger crane
    tiger
    snake
    dragon

forgot some but he got them all from all kung fu styles.
    :bleed2: :anger2:

5. MattTheStampede

MattTheStampede New Member

On the character bios on the extras of the cowboy bebop the movie dvd is does infact say spike does Jeet Kune Do cant dissagree wid that.

6. Spike_VS_VASH

Spike_VS_VASH New Member

Jeet Kun Do

Spike uses this technique first used by martial arts legen Bruce Lee. If you watch the show very carefully then you will see many very familiar moves from some of Bruce's clasic flicks. The way Spike moves is very much the way Bruce Lee did. As a fan of both Lee and Bebop I can honestly say that in a fight, the two would find thhemselves to be equals....

7. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Well I wouldn't say evenly matched seeing as they're both dead and one's a cartoon character.

8. Spike_VS_VASH

Spike_VS_VASH New Member

get off...

You know what i mean...Do you people have no vision. *Slams door on DrunkLep's head* Get off of your high horse and let you imagination run wild *Slams door again, just to be shure* And if anyone else gets on my case, i'm gonna snap *to prove point: pulls out katana and slices off someone's head-KILL BILL style blood sprays from neck* Anyone wanna go?

9. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

er...i really don't know what's going on here. Nor do i want to...

Okay, i'm just here to say that i love the way spike fights. I don't know anything about martial arts or anything:( maybe someday...or not. I like how it looks like Spike is jumping up and down or doing some sort of jig at times, like in the first eps. i wonder if there's a place around where i live where i can learn moves like that:p

10. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

spikes moves are cool

11. trigunfanboy09

trigunfanboy09 New Member

spike rocks

his style is very unorthadox his jeet kuun doe is his own style utilizin bruce lees pholosophy of bein loose and fluient and incorporatin those weird ass kicks that seem to come from any angle but above all he is his own jeet kuen doe