Food Sports Jellybeans!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nephilim_X, Oct 15, 2005.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

:anger2:

Like I said, all they did was squirt some fruit juice and a few vitamins into the Jelly Bean mix. Potassium and Sodium are found in fruits. The carbs are simply sugar. It says there itself that the primary carb is sucrose: table sugar, the same thing you find in canned pop and candy bars.

If you want to get the same, no BETTER results swallow a multivitamin in the morning and before/during the work out eat a few oranges, or other soft, juicy fruits and keep yourself well hydrated with water. Common sense shouldn't be overridden by a cleverly packaged good with a nifty ad campaign. Like Ciel said, they're jelly beans: dry and sticky and they will dehydrate you. You don't eat candy to help improve your workout, no matter what they put into it. Mother Nature always has a better alternative.

Shame on them for preying on our sweet tooth like that.

~W

2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

What if I sip a bottle of Gatorade through a twizzler?

3. Orion

Orion Gears

When you accomplish that feat, gimmie a call. :D

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

It's not hard... Twizzlers have a "hollow" inside; they're basically straws to begin with.

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

And here I thought I was the only one who did that! :p

...Except I just drink water.

Still, Twizzlers are awesome. Either as straws or no.

In any case, I've never needed any of these energy things myself. Gatorade, Power bars, whatever. I use good old fashioned adrenaline. :p

1 person likes this.
  6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

:( You know what I mean. There are good carbs for boasts and bad carbs for short boasts of energy. :p

The whole twizzler thing is easy. I have done it before. Not sure if I did it with either powerade or gatorade. Soda maybe.

Good Point. I also do that and probably everyone else.

I guess Jelly Belly couldn't come up with anything new that is good. I think they should stick to flavors and happy potter jelly beans.

7. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

I don't like lemon-lime or orange so I'm not gonna buy 'em. Maybe if they had some other flavors, but even then I doubt I would buy them.