Movies Star Trek: Nemesis

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Deathscythe, Dec 8, 2002.

?

Favourite Star Trek Movie

1. The Motion Picture

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Wrath of Khan

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. The Search for Spook

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Voyage Home

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The Final Fronteir

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The Undiscovered Country

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. Generations

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. First Contact

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  9. Insurrection

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Deathscythe

Deathscythe New Member

Now since that movie is coming out, I had to start a poll. I know there are not a lot of trekkies here but if you are, What's your favourite movie?

Mine is Star Trek 2 The Wrath of Khan

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Whichever it is where they saved the whales. I dont' know why...maybe I'm hopped up on Greenpeace. ;)

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

You're referring to ST 4.

4. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Oh there are a few ppl around here who know enough about star trek to make them look dorky.. right Neph...

anyway.. the Wrath of Khan is By far the Best movie they have made..

though the new one coming out looks great.. I hope it is because the last one sucked...

KaME

5. Slydice

Slydice ave, Lex, morituri te salutamus

you've got over 1000 posts ;)

6. Deathscythe

Deathscythe New Member

There's nothing wrong with people watching Star Trek, Kame. What make's you think people are dorky watching it? I hate the fact that this is the last TNG movie

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

He doesn't. He's a bit of a trekker himself.

In fact a couple nights ago on IRC he was telling me about a movie starring Tasha Yar.

She wasn't even on for a full season, and he remembered her name.

I'm something of a Trekkie and -I- couldn't remember her name.

8. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Wrath of Kahn was nice, but I just liked Generation. Might've been the fact that just been hearing Data say "Ooohhhh, ****!", having spontaneous laughing fits, and using part of his equipment as a puppet.

9. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Dude Calm Down.. I have seen like 90 of the original trek, 100% of TNG, 100% of DS9, 50% of STV and some of Enterprise.. and all the movies.. infact i own some movies..

But im i dont feel the need to talk about it 100% of the time and go to conventions..

KaMe

10. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

well everyone seemed to fall in love with tasha yar even though she was only there for a short while.. strange really :)

I've pretty much seen every star trek, cept the newest voyager.. cos voyager sucks :) and I hate them all.. used to like em, but then I just woke up on morning and realised

"star trek.. blows"

it worked for me, and it can work for you to! fight the disease!

11. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Well given that one episode where she ended up doing Data, everyone wondered if she'd sex up the show.

Given the kind of work she's doing now, they were about a decade early.

12. PRO BLADER

PRO BLADER New Member

hey deathscythe, i am a huge trekky fan like you as well as gundam wing. my fav trekky movie has to be star trek first contact by far but in close in 2nd place would have to star trek 2 the wrath of kharn. The Borg are the ultimate nemesis of the federation, the new star trek film "Nemesis" is based upon the Romlulans the make clone of Picard which is a good nemesis but as we all know the real nemesis is the you guest it the Borg! but i've seen lots of sceens and it looks good. There is a romour going round that this film is actually the final frontier but Picard said him self that it's certanly not the final frontier.

13. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

No... they're referring to a personal Nemesis... an opposite... the other side of you... the dark to your light, the evil to your good, the pepper to your salt...

Patrick Stewart said "if it makes money I wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt the last" (I paraphrased it).

And the Borg are hardly a fearsome foe now... Voyager made them a pathetic enemy... especially with the uber-tech gained in the last ep...

TNG: 1 Borg cube wipes out a large fleet and would have made it to Earth if not for intervention from Data.

Voyager: 1 scout ship deals untold amounts of damage to the collective, and comes through with virtually no real damage to itself.

14. PRO BLADER

PRO BLADER New Member

The borg will strike back remmember resistanc is futile!!!
    and as for pikards pesonal nemesis it would never happen. There is far far more fear with the borg than any other warp cappible society's beacuse if you get assimulated that it or is it??? you can kid me that if you was told to go on an away mission to a borg cuble that it you would go to follow orders but would be corsious and fearful of what lies ahead.There can't be anything more dangerous than beeeming onto a borg cube or having borg assimulate you ship and crew???? The borg are the ultimate force!! apart for the federation which is the main force that can stnd up to the borg force.

Attached Files:

15. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Ok to set things straight.. cant believe im even bothering with this stupid argument.. but here goes.

Frankly. as cool as first contact was.. it should NEVER HAVE HAPEND!!!!! it can only exist in an alternate dimension.. .

hmm WHy. well if you had watched TNG you would know that the borg we change when they turn whats his name.. umm Heuu, hoo whoo.. how ever its spelt or pronounced.. anyway they turn him into an indavidual . when he went home he changed the colective like a disease..

then later they met lore, Data's evil brother.. and if you remember.. they no longer traveled in cubes or as a colective but larger better ships of mass distruction.. once lore was taken out of the picture the borg became a more peaceful race..

So pro blader before you start another argument debating this fact with me or Neph I sugest you go watch watch the INTIRE 7 seasons of TNG because you dont know much about star trek..

KAME

16. PRO BLADER

PRO BLADER New Member

Been there done that! the borg are an ultimate force yes agreed they got turned but the borg did't like it, in actual fact that was a small section of the borg that got affect by the borg (remember their homeworld?) the borg queen got rid of it (or as rumored) the ponit is the borg will never stay down for long anyway! alternate dimension my butt!! it did happen in this reallity and if you could see that, then you would belive but i any case i'm glad that we like the same thing star trek is amazing and i can tell your a trekky vereran!! Good hypothesis but it can't be true for the fact is the borg are an ultimate force and they made first contact, so the make must have saw a through the J class nebula lol but anyways there you go:cool:

17. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

PB, The Borg have become little pansies since Voyager.

Now, as for the personal nemesis, its for drama, epicness, sturm and drang.

Yes, the Borg are 'oh-so-powerful' (or were) but taking on millions of faceless drones and a stupid Queen (yet again) is not only boring, but its been beaten to death.

Kame is right, but wasnt it sort of like "they cut off all individuals" from the hive mind before it really screwed em up? Its been like 3 years since I've seen that ep though, so Kame is probably right.

The Borg will only try to stirke back if they either found some new magical uber-technology, or if they're idiots, and lets face it, the Borg ARE idiots.

As for the Queen, while its interesting to see the Borg using seduction instead of force, I feel the Collective would have been way more frightening without her. Ultimately she's a weakness.

The Borg were once hideously powerful, now they're ridiculously weak. Way to neuter your best enemy, Berman and Braga.

And lets not forgot their terrible tactic: send ONE cube to Earth, and only one. I mean jeez, if the Feds have trouble handling one, imagine what would happen in 7 or 8 showed up. Goodbye, Feddies.

18. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Ummmmmmmm Pro Bladder.. Rummors DONT COUNT.. Ok unless it actualy Happens or is said IN the God Damn show it NEVER happened OK.. So First Contact was made because ppl liked the borg.. but the storyline had TO many holes in it.. yes it was cool BUt TO many holes and still sucked compared to the Wrath of Khan.

Neph is right Voyage turned the Borg into a bunch of pansies.. the Borg were great in TNG because they only came around once in a great moon... Thats why Q, Lore, The Travaler were the fan favorites in the damn series..

Anyway Im not arguing this anymore.. And No im Not a Trekie in the true sense of the word.. I watched the show because I like any and All Sci Fi stuff.. I can argue Star wars, Aliens, Firefly, Andromada, the Twilight Zone, Outer limits, Barbarella, Dr Who, Etc just as well as Star trek..............

KaME

19. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Ditto... Trek is actually lower on my scale due to all its damn plots holes, inconsistencies and whatnot...

20. PRO BLADER

PRO BLADER New Member

hey hey hay how could you guy's argue this fact if your not one with the trek were talking authority! may be you can comment on the borg but you not true to your words so whats up with that.
    can't you see the bigger picture there will always be a way for the borg to return because the borg have time travel technology so anything the feds through can be revesed you any one who has seen voyager should know this because when voyager disscovered how to travel faster than warp, so that need careful presission to guide voyager through, so they sent the ship that tom paris built to guide them they made it back to eath but voyager didn't it crashed into a icy planet. So them in the other ship got back to earth and nicked the only thing that could bring back voyager = borg technology the time distorter to get in contact with seven of nine in the past to stop the launch! borg tech. the borg will always asslmulate countless civs to better them selves so they will find a way to return in time.