Movies Star Trek: Nemesis

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Deathscythe, Dec 8, 2002.

?

Favourite Star Trek Movie

1. The Motion Picture

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Wrath of Khan

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. The Search for Spook

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Voyage Home

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The Final Fronteir

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The Undiscovered Country

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. Generations

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. First Contact

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  9. Insurrection

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

OK.. NEVER EVER Argue With Anything that Came From Voyager.. CAUSE THAT SHOW SUCKED AND RUINED COUNTLESS Laws Or what ever you want to call them that were set by star Trek and TNG.. as For time Travel Is Was Set that you cant Change the Past or future.. it was that you if you could traval in time then you were meant to travel In time.. but NO Voyager Dicided to Change this Fact like Countless Other things they Dicided to Change and Ruin the Freaking Story line..

And Further More.. ITS JUST A SHOW.. ITS NOT REAL!!!!!!! I dont care if you love the borg or not.. But if your Gonna Argue Get your Facts Straight! and Stop making up stuff, Well You Know this COULD happen Cause they Have this Or that..

Like I said Before.. IF IT DID NOT HAPPEN IN THE SHOW.. THEN IT NEVER HAPPEND!!!!! That Goes For any AND all Shows..

KamE

2. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

My favourite film is VI: The Undiscovered Country. Always has been.
    I'm not a trekkie, I think DS9 and Enterprise are really crap, and I despise Voyager, but the original series was humorously camp, and TNG was damn cool. Voyager sucked. Best if it never exixted I reckon.

3. Odin

Odin Member

I can't take any of these arguments seriously when every other word is mispelled. If you guys are going to make an argument, at least have the decency to make it presentable.

But enough of that.

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country is my favorite of the movies I've seen (which is only about half of them). There's something quite satisfying with quoting Shakespeare amidst a battle in space.

And that's my piddling two cents.
    -Odin

4. Deathscythe

Deathscythe New Member

Didn't it suck to see Data die in the end? He's the best eh?

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

No, either one of two things will happen.

a) The Borg will slowly but surely be whittled away, then die in one massive battle.
    b) The Borg will whoop the Feddies, but then magically be stopped by either a technology, or an infiltrator.

It all depends on the script-writers mood.

And for Gods sake, write slowly and coherently. Relax.

Besides, if the Borg go back and eliminate the Feds, then Voyager would never have existed, and would never have helped the Borg defeat Species 8472.

Of course if the Borg were smart, they'd time travel to prevent Voyager from continuing after that.

Or time travel back to when the Collective just formed, share all that tech of theirs with their brethern, THEN assimilate everything.

But that would mean the Borg have a bit of intelligence.:rolleyes:

6. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Thanks For Spoiling the Movie There.. Thanks a lot..

But Good he is dead Why because He is to old to keep playinng DaTA.. he even said so himself..

KaMe

7. Stos

Stos New Member

I think the only Star Trek movies I have not seen are First Contact and Insurrection. I might have seen them, but forgot about them. I never liked Voyager or Deep Space 9, but have watched The Origianal, The Next Generation, and never going to miss an episode of Enterprise.
    I picked the Wrath Of Khan cus it is just one of those great classic movies and none of the others ones are as grand as this one. I might change my mind though once I see Nemesis and the other movies I have not seen.
    If Nemesis is the last TNG movie, do any of you think they will make one based on Enterprise?

8. Odin

Odin Member

*****SPOILERS AHEAD*****

Yeah, it totally sucked to see Data "die," but at least his dimwit brother is still around to make an appearance!

*****END SPOILERS*****

BTW, Dr. Who could whip the Borg's arses any day. I don't know how he would, but he would definitely find a way. Not like that's related in any way, shape, or form to the debate regarding the Borg . . .

Oh yeah, and Deathscythe - see how I clearly marked my spoilers and gave ample room for the reader to skip over them without accidentally reading it? That's the way to go. It's one thing to let something slip because it's common Star Trek knowledge, or should be, but another when it comes to a movie that just came out. I'm sorry if I'm sounding all high-and-mighty, but I take the spoiling of anything, be it videogames, anime, or movies, quite seriously.
    -Odin

9. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Oh the Original Black and White Doctor who's.. That Can Kick ANYONE's *** and Spoil the Plans For total domination!!!!!!!

I wish they would put the Re-runs back on the air,,

KAme!

10. DATA DIES !
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    which one is this, is this the one were they go on the planet and the people don't get older, or is that another one ?

11. Odin

Odin Member

Um . . . Lance Avalanche . . . the movie where the Star Trek crew go on a planet where people don't get older is Insurrection. The reference to a certain character's death is from Nemesis.
    -Odin

12. Deathscythe

Deathscythe New Member

Oops sorry:eek: . I knew I sholn't have teld everyone, but it still sucks don't you think:mad:

13. Deathscythe

Deathscythe New Member

No Data died in Nemesis. Weren't you listening :mad:

14. Slydice

Slydice ave, Lex, morituri te salutamus

I thought nemesis wasn't a good film at all :(

15. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

How dare you have a different opinion! You should be shot on sight! BLAH blah blah blah

Sorry that sarcastic response was brought about by anoying Star Trek fans. I love the Trek, but some of my fellow Trekies or Trekers or what ever the heck were calling ourselfs, drive me nuts.

I personally liked it, what did you not like about it? Im curious.

16. Slydice

It just seemed to fly by a little too fast,

very little in the way of plot (twas just a boom boom boom flick)

yes, it would have been a good (great even) TNG Episode but as a film i found it lacking:(

17. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

You have a point, but I still love it.

That 'cause I went to it hoping to see a TNG ep. I miss TNG alot, the other Treks just aren't as good, and any time I get to see the ol' crew fight evil, crack jokes, and command the Enterprise I'm happy.

18. Slydice

don't get me wrong or anything, i love star trek (all of it even voyager)

I just thought that a little more effort could have been put into the script, thats why i'm using so many :( smilies

19. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I was very VERY disappointed with this movie. I've seen episodes with better plots. the story is nothing like some of the other movies. and of course Data is my fav. character.. so...

20. Deathscythe

Deathscythe New Member

I know Serphrim, why couldn't be Riker, Worf, or Data's brother B-4