Suggestions for MangatoAnime

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by That guy!, Jan 3, 2004.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

It is nearly impossible to have a total democracy. Although a community can try, it is inefficient for the whole community to vote on every decision made. Now, the reason why democratic governments have votes for their leaders is for the people to choose a leader who best reflects their interests. Although, at mangatoanime many of the leaders were not selected this way, most of us volunteered for our positions. Thus, we work hard to keep this place enjoyable for every member here but we still can not be fully sure of what your interests are. By interests I don’t mean “favourite food, or music” but the way all of you would like to see things run around here. Examples could be “don’t lock threads unless…” and give your reasons why. You should also keep in mind how many members are at M2A and whether or not your suggestion will benefit the whole community, or lead to problems later on.

And of course, there will have to be some rules in place for this thread(yes.. more “silly” rules but we don’t want to see any members get hurt, or havoc to rise).

-Be respectful of on another: Do no insult or critique the logic of another person’s opinion/post, no matter how silly you may find it. And follow other M2A guidelines(ie. No swearing please..)
    -Don’t use names: This thread should not be used to ruin another member’s reputation. Instead use other phrases like “this one mod” or “mod1 did this and mod2 was right there and didn’t do anything!!”
    -No karma: People should not be afraid to voice their opinions in fear that someone will not agree and give them bad karma. Keep in mind that the administrators know who gave karma to who.
    -If this thread gets out of hand then it will be closed.

Yours truly,
    The Manga to Anime team

On a side note, this was posted in the Miscellaneous forum in hopes that more members would notice it and voice their opinions. Since, a larger portion of members post in here than the support/suggestions forum.

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Be open and honest. We would like to hear all your comments and crticisms of the board as it is through your eyes. This has always been the case, and Support/Suggestions is there as well, but if you've needed any prodding, this thread here created by Guy should have been enough to get things started.

Are we too hard to navigate? Are we too restrictive, or perhaps not enough? Would you like to see more community activities or contests? Are we perfect, or horrible?

Speak your mind. We're hear to listen and make this a better place for everyone.

3. Charlie

Charlie Guest

I got a bad reputation mark for interrupting a debate with a little quip....can you get bad rep removed? I'm SORRY, ok?

1 person likes this.
  4. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I'm afraid bad karma cannot be removed.

Don't worry about it, okay? A little bad karma here and there doesn't hurt. This won't affect your reputation much if at all, depending on who gave you the karma.

Just concentrate on having good posting habits and you'll get your karma back in no time :)

5. Charlie

Charlie Guest

Thanks for the reassurance, Arcueid. I'll curb the debate-crashing habit....I love posting, however, and will continue to start new threads/add to threads.

:anime:

6. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

I have a sugesstion, please consider it :)

Ok, i think the newbs always screw the Custom Avatar request thread, its no use, its so unfair, i wanted to change avatar and the thread is gone again :anger2:

So i suggest....a minimun of 200 points to request an avatar, because most of the newbs who got their custom ava are gone already, dont you think?

Thanks for reading :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

200 Karma points? If you're really talking about Karma, not even us mods have that much..

It's a great idea though, would just need to lower the amount of points a bit.

Thanks for the idea :)

8. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

I find that happens to be alot of karma points, maybe chejo meant 200 posts (none of them being spammy of course) I also think there might need to have some other regulations.. but i think its a great idea.

I know i sound stupid by saying this but what are karma points?

9. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I believe that Chejo ment 200 posts. I personnaly don't like the idea of you be able to do after xxx posts, it encourge the spam. Trust me, I tried it! :p

I am still spamming to beat BMS to be the #1 poster! :p

Gah, I am too darn sleepy, I forgot to mention this; Tooma suggested to me that the member himself has a 2-3 chances, and he should get the strikes. But the question is, would that be easy to do? Giving strikes for only one member? That is actually your call Matt :)

10. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

It would work but will be hard to surveillance unless we sticky a thread in admin with the warned list. Or load the burden on someone to do it for us.... Zanza.

I'm going with this suggestion.

^Shen^

11. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

I love this suggestion.

I dont think 200 posts, but a lower number but where they arent a newb that screws up custom avatars.

I was also bout to ask for avatar change but then we had someone not reading the rules and ask for 100x100.... which boils my pot.

And yes, i also think that newbs shouldnt get avatar changes. Because they never read rules and end up askin for something like 100x100.

And also, i agree that usually a newb who does something like this never stays at the m2a boards. They usually leave. Which is terrible for the members who want an actual avatar change and follow the rules.

Just my opinions on the matters of Custom avatars.

12. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Don't be afraid to temp ban a user (2 weeks standard) if they really act up. I know I'm not exactly one to talk, but...

13. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I find it unfair to close the Custom Avatar request thread on behalf of the members that don’t follow rules, while the others do. Like I suggested, the member should be penalized and not the rest of the members. Shen said that it’s going to be a burden on the admins if they made a warned list, but it does not have to be by helping those that didn’t know/see/ignore the rules. I guess you could assign some moderators or members (perhaps?) to be in charge of the requests. To see if the requests are 100% perfect, if not then they should pm the person to correct his mistake by himself or directing him to the request thread in the art forum so that other could help.
    So to make my suggestion simple and short
    -Member/mod check the Custom avatar request thread's requests and see if every request fits the rules
    -If they found something wrong with the ava, then they pm the member and tell him
    1) Correct your mistake by doing it yourself or making a request in Request thread
    2) Delete your post for the time being, till you get the avatar with the right dimensions and size, then post again in the C.A.R thread
    -That’s a way to avoid a strike for a member or members before the admins or supermod check on the requests
    If the member still didn’t comply, then he/she achieved a place on the “C.A.R strike list" <-- lol that sounds terrorist-ish :p
    thoughts?

14. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

Perhaps 100/200 posts + at least a neutral status on the karma section?

& as for the custom thread... a separate mod to deal with this (& Other tid bits just to keep it interesting for them of course ^_^) to keep the regularity of the check current & if be, remove posts altogether if not within the restrictions (like Kamui said "100X100" time wasters) then supplied with a notice/warning. May sound slightly harsh to some but it would be better for everyone i think.

15. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Sounds like a good idea; I'd be willing to do it. It's up to the Admins, really.

16. Shadowhawk

Shadowhawk New Member

I'm all for the "cumstom-avi-4-200-posts" idea. But what I'd really like would be a thread where we could post links to good anime websites we've found. Then we could share all our sources of information. :anime:
    I've thought about just posting one myself but I don't think anyone would be very interested. Plus I don't know where to put it.

17. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Check out:
    http://www.mangatoanime.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9576

18. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

As recently suggested on boards, text telling you that you have 10/20, say, private message slots full. People might manage their inboxes a little better...

19. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

i agree with dredz... i seem to fill up my inbox without realizing it and then people cant send me pms bc its too full!!! some kind of warning would be nice if thats even possible

oh yeah and a suggestion to all the members here...
    CHILL OUT OKAY!?!? this is a happy place not to be taken as seriously as people are making it! (dont take offense please--none meant)

20. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Wow, thats an awsome suggestion. That really makes sense.

But i believe it would be up to the admins and moderators, because they are the ones that have been intrusted with the correction and keeping it clean and on rules. (the board, i mean)

There are a select few members who i know of that i think could keep up/respect/ fufil a job such as what you speak.

But other than that. I love the idea. Excellent Suggestion.

Just my thoughts on the matter.