Suggestions for MangatoAnime

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by That guy!, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

So glad you guys liked my suggestion, and yes, i meant 200 posts :sweat2:

Keeping individual strike records would be a lot of work for the admins, specially because newbs come and go, too much to keep track of, at least thats what I think...

so yeah, i stick up with a minimun of 150 or 200 good posts before requesting ava. change. Spam shouldnt be a problem, we have good mods :)

ah, and yes to Neph's temp. ban suggestion :)

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Click:
    http://www.mangatoanime.com/vbulletin/private.php?folderid=0

Do you not see a box above your messages that says

"Inbox contains X messages.
    You have X messages stored, of a total X allowed."

and has an indicator bar of how full it is?

3. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

Damn you vb3. Could have sworn it hid it on me.

4. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

I dont believe thats what ToOmaA's gettin at.

I think ToOmaA is saying that they wont had modlike powers, but just the job of reminded people who post avatars for changing, that everything is good. Someone who just monitors and makes sure everything is acording to the rules.

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

the other board i'm on has that bar too, but it also does a pop up window when you're at like, 75-80% or so. which is really handy for reminding.

6. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Yep, I also think that's what was meant. It doesn't necessarily have to be a Moderator but it doesn't have to be a member either.

The suggestions so far are great, everybody. Keep up the good work.

7. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

yup that what I meant. Like Kamui said, the job is just monitoring. And yah it doesnt have to be a member or a mod. If the suggestion is ok, then I think its best to assign only one person, because it would be annoying to have a group. Reason why? its because if they found an error in one of the requests, all of them might send the person warning.

8. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

If this suggestion is approved how are we going to choose who will be 'the one'? Maybe choose a selection who fits a criteria e.g. at leat 400 posts, comes on regularly etc. Just a thought...

^Shen^

9. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Originally Posted by *_ToOmaA_*:

I usually do that, heck, I used to do that "behind the scene" :p But I closed the threat lately because I think I gave too many chances to many people that I cant give no more :p

I am doing that and I can continue doing it and will do more :)

My thoughts are you are giving too much thoughts on this little issue here, and about the posts count, like I said earlier and to remind, it will cause us more spam posts just to get that privlege, I mean, if newbies won't respect the rules and taking them slightly, why should we?

Maybe I am just seeing it in a different point of view.

In conclusion, I am all for not closing the thread for someone who didn't read the rules which makes it unfair for others, thats why I was deleting wrong requests and PMing them :p

10. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

personally, i'm for us all just relaxing and ejoying our forums. a little light spam here and there will not make the server explode.

11. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

It would be a meaningless suggestion if I did not put much thought into it~ You may see it as a little issue, but it still an issue. Even with your effort zchu which we appreciate ^^, the thread got closed, so the point of my suggestion is having someone to help avoid the locking of the C.A.R thread…

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

:catgirl:

13. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

EEEK! i hate it when i'm so very wrong. hehe
    actually, i've seen it bring communities closer. but it's usually not until the topic has been discussed to the point of distraction that it happenes...hehe loads of fun going from pso to someones current art project and how cool we all think it is to overtaking old songs and tranforming them into our own twisted master pieces...hehe

14. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

*hugs Bloodberry* dont you all just love her positive attitude!!! yay!!!!!

15. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hehe positive is cool damnit! *^-^*

hehe is this a practice of hi-jasoning at work? why, possibly *^-^*

keep yer suggestions going kiddies!

16. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Ok this is just a suggestion so don't kill me.
    For those of use who like to get our hands on more points so we can build up our Karma how about trying to find an easier way to get points.
    For instance if you start a thread you can get 3 points for every 20 replies and then 2 for every 300 views. That way some poeple won't be left in the dust.

17. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

That's an interesting idea, but that might be TOO easy for some people. Usually the people who come up with giant threads already have lots of karma! (And people who start threads probably are more likely to get karma anyway.) It's the lil ones like me who need more karma. Maybe we could have a reputation-judgement-day once a week/month where everyone is encouraged to give karma to someone who doesn't have a "spectacular aura" yet.

I dunno why people call the reputation system "karma" anyway, since nothing comes back to the giver. Unless people leave their names with the karma, then it'll seem more like karma (cuz we'd know who to return the favor to).

18. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

19. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

OK OK OK. I've got a new idea. Right maybe what we (that is you) should do is put some background music on. Put on some music from anime shows in the background. I think that would be cool!!!