Slayers Universe Take a part in writing a Slayers fanfic!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I noticed this forum seemed to be dying, and also that nothing of this sort had been posted before (as far as I could find), so I decided to give it a try.

Here's the rules:
    Each response must be an addition to the story.
    -You may write anywhere from one sentence to one paragraph.
    -You may only post once. (I don't want a few people hogging the story)
    -Exception: If no one has posted an addition in at least two weeks, you may post again. (Only to keep the story moving)
    -All posts must be PG-13 or less.
    -Characters should stay in character.

Other than that, anything goes. Feel free to steer it any way you want, as long as it's possible in the Slayers universe, and in your maximum one-paragraph entry. Just pick it up where the last post leaves off. Try not to resolve too many things at once.

One important note: When, or if this is ever finished, I will post it on Fanfiction.net under the author "Shinryu, God of Dragons."

[EDIT]Don't think you have to be a master author to post here. Go right ahead! This is the first time I've written anything remotely story-like.[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]See this post for a rules change.

I'll get it started, but I expect it to become self-writing before long, and I will finish it when I see it to be necessary.

-----(Title Undecided)-----

Disclaimer: We, the many authors of this fanfic, do not own Slayers, or any characters, places, or magics associated with it. We write this without intention of profit, strictly for the enjoyment of ourselves and others.

One not-so calm day in the city of Seyruun, Lina Inverse and companions were getting into all kinds of trouble. Chief of these was not Xellos, as you might expect, but Zelgadis. He was...

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

...causing a bit of a stir in the city square. While the chimera was usually a quiet and calm individual, and the last expected character of Lina's group to cause a scene, today was certainly an exception to that rule. What was even worse was the fact that Zelgadis' sudden fit had seemingly been summoned from nothing and nowhere - just as they had sat down to eat.

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Well, two weeks have passed...

To make matters even worse, Zelgadis' sudden burst of anger knocked over Lina's table. The one containing her long-awaited Dragon Cuisine.

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Look at me! I'm an exception!

The end result was a spectacular display of magical fireworks. Well, it would have been described as such by anyone standing four or more blocks away. For anyone closer, it was more similar to a magical bombing run. In fact, given the choice, it would have been a fair assumption that those standing closer than four blocks most certainly would have preferred to be standing where the display could be described as fireworks. In fact, fireworks are nowhere near as hamrful as the deadly chain of magic was. Unless, of course, the fireworks are going off in your face. Fortunately for Zelgadis, he has stone skin.

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Holy crap, over a month!

Although, even his stone skin could not save him from Lina's wrath. He had destroyed her Dragon Cuisine. Lina had waited many months to taste the delicacy that it was, even putting it off to defeat Dark Star, and, to have it destroyed in an instant by one of her friends. Needless to say, Zelgadis will be spending a large portion of time in the Seyruun Hospital, if not the morgue.

6. Reisti Skalchaste

Changing one rule.

This is an OOC post.

I am going to change one of the rules. From this point on, you may post an addition at any time after another does. You may not post twice in a row.

No more two week limit! This way, the story will at least go somewhere, even if BMS and I are the only ones adding to it. Come on, people! Get your thinking caps on and add to this! The story isn't going to write itself, and a two-person fanfic isn't what I had in mind!

Tell your friends! Make sure people know this thread/story exist! People need to add to it.

BTW, BMS, perhaps it would get more notice in the creative writing forum? The Slayers one seems kind of dead.

And I have absolutely no comment whatsoever about that 'exception' thing. That's right, none whatsoever. *looks around nervously*

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

But, before we dwell too long on Zelgadis and lose the focus of the events at hand, we should return to the resulting effect.

But first, it should be noted that magic is a common thing in Seyruun. All manner of charms and enchantments are openly available, and even apprentice wizards and sorcerers can craft baubles with minor powers and cantrips. And while the common person has never experienced a fireball firsthand (most that could say they have are less common persons and more ash), the idea was not unheard of.

However, Lina's brand of magic was far beyond a simple sunblock amulet or enchanted foot cream. It had more zing to it. It had power behind it. When she was in the wrong mood, it sometimes blew away entire landscapes. And until now, while it did cause a stir, it generally went unnoticed by the greater powers.

Until now.

8. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Meanwhile, in a very deep cave not far away...

An living shadow approached a black robed figure, whose face could not be seen. "Master..." he said.
    "What is it?"
    There's a new mage in the area.
    "Are you sure?" asked the robed figure. A dark purple glow emanated from its body. "Yes... there is", it told the shadow. "Go there." Then a greater glow came from the robed figure and covered the shadow for a moment.

[EDIT]Argh, i'd have posted more but it's limited to 1 paragraph![/EDIT]

9. Reisti Skalchaste

My 666th post! (That counts) PH34R M3.

Meanwhile, back in Seyruun, Lina was now crying over her lost Dragon Cuisine. She'd forgotten Zelgadis entirely, except as a being of evil who destroyed her food.

"I worked so hard, and waited so long. Why does this happen to me?" she wailed.

Amelia tried to console Lina...

10. luvweaver

without noticing that Lina's shadow moved mysteriously. Lina suddenly felt a cold shiver going thru her body... but it only lasted a moment. Then her shadow returned to normal.
    "The dragon slave..." murmured the robed figure in the cave. "She has the DRAGON SLAVE... HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!"

11. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

"Lina-San?"

Amelia's loudly voiced attention grabber worked far better than her first quiet try had. Lina shook away the brief strange feeling. After all, it wasn't the first time she'd gotten a chill up her spine - even if there was absolutely no call for such a feeling. It had caught her offguard, that was all. She hoped she wasn't coming down with something. "Sorry, what were you saying again, Amelia?"

12. luvweaver

"So, are you paying or not!!" shouted the bartender. "My whole place is destroyed!" he shouted, angrily, before the team blinked.

"Well?"

Our heroes searched their pockets. A few coins, some old worthless scrolls, ... "HEY!!! WHERE'S MY LOOT BAG!!!" shouted Lina. "SOMEONE JUST STOLE IT!!!"
    "It was here, or here... beneath my chair...." She searched for all the places it could be. But it wasn't there. "Uh... erm... :sweat: do you accept credit?" asked Lina, embarrassing everyone.

13. Reisti Skalchaste

"No. I know your type. You ask for credit and leave town, never to return."

"Well, umm... that is..." The bartender had been right. Lina was caught. Putting on her best "innocent" face, she said, "Perhaps there's some other way I can repay you?"

14. luvweaver

Hmmm maybe there IS some way....

"This is ridiculous!" complained Lina, as they were walking thru the forest. "We're gonna have to rebuild the WHOLE thing?"
    The rest of the team kept glaring at her, as she was the only one who was NOT carrying a heavy pack of logs.

The next day...

"I'm hungry" complained Lina, stopping the heavy-duty stuff at the half-built bar. "I'll go get some food." But to her surprise, all bars were closed, and the doors had huge announcements on them which read: "No Linas allowed".
    Lina kneeled in despair, crying. "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!" she shouted, as a fountain of tears came out from her eyes. "How am I supposed to work AND LEAVE THIS PLACE if no one gives me some food!"
    Instantly, a lot of food appeared at her feet, and she heard many doors closing.

"Thanks!" she said, chewing some roast boar leg, as she went back to the building site.

15. Reisti Skalchaste

Several hours later, the construction was going well. Gourry and Amelia were both working hard, and had accomplished much. Lina, on the other hand, hadn't lifted a finger, except to yell at Gourry for being so slow, or stupid. Why should she get her hands dirty when she has two slaves... err, friends to do it for her?

However, none of them noticed the figure moving in the shadows beyond the wall.

ooc: Is Zelgadis going to reappear? You, the authors decide! (Although, his convalesence will be long and painful, right?)

16. luvweaver

"Hey, where's Zelgadis? Haven't seen him in a while", said Lina.
    Gourry cleaned up his sweat. "Maybe he's still hiding from you, Lina. You really scared him with that fireball".
    "I hope he's ok", said Amelia. "OK, I'll search for him. Maybe he could give us a hand with this."
    "I'll help find him, too!" said Lina.
    "OH, NO YOU DON'T." replied Amelia. "In the name of Justice, I demand you to get to work!"
    "Yes, I'll watch her from here", said Gourry.
    Defeated, Lina had no choice but to start working.

[EDIT]To make things interesting, I removed the last part so you can choose how to continue the story![/EDIT]

17. Reisti Skalchaste

'I never thought my friends were such jerks! First, Zelgadis ruined my food, my Dragon Cuisine that I waited so long for, then Amelia and Gourry betray me like this and make me work!' Lina's hammer strokes were getting harder and harder as she thought. She didn't even notice that she had already pounded the nail right through the board.
    'Well, if they can't do a little hard work, then I don't need them.'
    Suddenly, Lina dropped her hammer, turned around, to look straight at Amelia and Gourry watching her, and began to chant her favorite spell.

18. luvweaver

DRAGON SLAVE!!!! she yelled, destroying everything around. She laughed harder and harder as her "friends" ran away scared...

"Well?" asked Gourry, chewing a straw.
    "Uh? Yes, I'm working, i'm working!" she replied, waking up from the daydream and pretending to work harder for a couple of seconds.

two hours laters, she was exhausted and thirsty.
    *Sigh* "I'm going to drink some water", she said.
    Gourry grunted and began to work where Lina left.

She left the half-built tavern, going to the river to drink some water (the kind inhabitants had forbidden her to approach "critical" areas of the town). She didn't notice that a shadow was following her beneath the trees....

19. Reisti Skalchaste

...and decided that she would be better off without those *annoyances* who called themselves her friends. Without noticing that the shadow was still following her, she travelled away from the city (still Seyruun), heading toward Atlas City, where the cook who made the Dragon Cuisine lived.
    "They destroyed my food, my happiness, my favorite tavern! (she's re-written the scenario in her mind) At least I can get one of them back." She grumbled aloud. However, she didn't get far before...

20. luvweaver

...before a glittering object on the floor called her attention.

"What's ..."

A coin? A golden coin? "HEY!!!!!" she shouted. "This is from my lootbag! Where is it, where is it?"
    Then she felt observed. She turned around, and a small cloaked figure (probably a kid) was looking at her from behind a rock.
    "HEY! COME BACK HERE YOU LITTLE BRAT!"
    The small figure ran into a nearby cave.
    "You're not getting away so easily!!" she shouted. "GIVE ME BACK MY LOOT!!!"

Lina chased the boy, without noticing that she was getting deeper and deeper in the cave.
    "I got you now, you..."
    Suddenly, the small thief disappeared into the thin air.
    Lina grabbed the cloak, but noticed that the floor beneath her was crumbling.
    *CRACK*
    "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"