Slayers Universe Take a part in writing a Slayers fanfic!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

The pit Lina was now plummeting through seemed bottomless. The bottome was invisible to her eyes, and none of the rubble that was falling with her had hit yet. Soon, however, too soon, in fact, the floor rushed up at her with alarming speed.

She closed her eyes and waited for the end. It didn't come. She opened her eyes. She was in the hands of...

"Xellos!" she cried in astonishment...

2. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Xellos helped Lina stand down.
    "It's in times like this where a parachute could come in handy, don't you think?"
    "Xellos, what are you doing here?"
    Xellos paused, and said: "It's a big secret!" :D
    "Ugh", complained Lina. "Why did I ask. How do we get out of here?"

"Shh..." said Xellos, covering Lina's mouth. "They're near... you don't want them to know where you are..."
    "They? Who? What are you talking about?" whispered Lina.
    "I'll explain you as soon as we find somewhere safe. And please, do NOT use any magic! They can smell it from miles away."
    "Who?"
    "The shadows." he said, giving Lina a black cloak. "Now put this on, and follow me."

Meanwhile, back on the surface...

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Amelia and Gourry were looking for Lina.

"Where could Lina-san have gone? She said she was going to get a drink, but she's been missing for an hour." Amelia was worried that if they didn't find Lina, they'd have to finish rebuilding the tavern without her.

"Maybe she was really thirsty?" Gourry suggested.

"No, knowing Lina-san, she probably ran off to avoid more work."

ooc: It's difficult to write for them. They're both too weird. :p

4. luvweaver

"What is taking her so long!!!" wondered Amelia. "I'm going to search for her."

Amelia spoke with the locals, asking for Lina. "Oh, that crazy witch that blows everything to bits?"
    "Yeah, that one!"
    "She went that-a way."

And so, by following the directions from the locals, Amelia found herself in the same spot that Lina had found her coin.

"Lina!!!! Lina Inverse!!!!!"
    "Lina!!!! Food's ready!!!"
    Hmm... that should've worked, thought Amelia.

"OH LOOK!!!! A HIDDEN TREASURE!!!!"

All of a sudden, hundreds of locals appeared, but no Lina. This irritated Amelia. "No, there's no treasure, move along..."
    "Waa....." (the goldthirsty mass dissolved in a few seconds).

"Hmmm... this is NOT like her... definitely NOT like her!"
    Amelia kept looking for Lina, until she found the entrance to a cave. And to her surprise, there were Lina's footprints going inside.

"Lina?"

Amelia advanced, but was stopped by a wall of force, that knocked her about 10 feet away.
    "What...?"

5. Reisti Skalchaste

"What is this?" Amelia wondered. She found that, as long as she didn't try to enter the cave, the forcefield wouldn't knock her back. 'I wonder if Lina is in here. And if she is, what could she be doing?' Amelia's mind filled with thoughts unbefitting a princess as she wondered. :)D)

"Well, whatever she's up to, she won't escape from me! We have to make her finish rebuilding the tavern! In the name of Justice, Lina will be brought to... Justice!"

"Flow Break!" The spell dissolved the forcefield instantly, revealing that it also cast web of invisibility. Behind it...

(Out of character, and topic): I'm in love with Cherry! (I realized that it's been a while since I said it outright, so...)

6. luvweaver

Behind it... there was... a cavernous passage.

"Alright, Lina Inverse!" shouted Amelia. "I will come for you, and will deliver you to justice!" To her surprise, the passage was curved, but no openings to other passages.

After walking for about 5 minutes, she saw a light at the other end of the cavernous tunnel. "I will find you now, Lina Inverse! Prepare to face justice!"

She got out... and found herself getting out of the same cave she had entered. "What??? This can't be!" She ran towards the cave, and found herself exiting thru the entrance.

"What... sort of witchery is this?" she wondered.
    "HEY!!! That's the cavern of the lost souls!!", said an angry male voice. "How DARE you dispel the safety barriers set up by the elders?!"

7. Reisti Skalchaste

This is an OOC post.

Aww, I wanted it to be a magical shower curtain! :p :D :bleed:

I'm hoping both of the readers of this fanfic are enjoying the story.

But, I've noticed that something I wanted to guard against has happened. The story is being ruled by two people. (myself and luvweaver). So, I'm afraid I'm going to hae to implement another rule to stop this from happening.

How about this. You can make as many non-consecutive posts as there are people who have contributed to this story.

So, seeing as there are three people who have written sections at this point, you can post three times. All previous posts are null, except as counting towards number of people. So, luvweaver and I can make three more posts each, as well as BakaMattSu, if he wishes to. This way, the more people join, the faster it can grow.

I do this not to stop the fanfic, but to get some variety to it. (And so I'm not stuck trying to continue from luvweaver's posts, they're hard to continue)

So, I ask you to find new people to post in this thread. Simple as that.

We now return to our regularly scheduled fanfic.

*The crowd that has gathered, to listen to the rules, suddenly runs off* :D

8. luvweaver

[OOC: This post counts x2, due to the heavy content inside]

"Safety... barriers?" she asked.
    "Can't you read the sign?" the annoyed man said, as he pointed to the cave's inscribed-in-stone warning sign.

It read: "WARNING! CAVERN OF THE LOST SOULS. ENTRANCE *ABSOLUTELY* FORBIDDEN. VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED."

"Luckily you hadn't dispelled the "Mirror teleport" spell cast at the end of the passage", he said. "That is the last defense on the top level of the cavern".
    "Oh, so that's why..."
    I guess you don't know the story of this cavern, young lady".
    Amelia shook her head.

"I am the guard in turn. If you want to know the story, here's a copy of the book."

Amelia took the Illustrated booklet, and read.

"About four hundred years ago, an archeologist discovered some ruins in this cave. The ruins looked like an city built by creatures of ancient times. In the center of those ruins, there was a giant magical symbol.
    The most famous wizards and sages came to find about the symbol. After two weeks of fruitless research, one of the wizards decided to use his magic to obtain more information by using a knowledge spell on the symbol."

"But the symbol's runes glew with an evil light, opening a portal to an unknown dimension. This is what the few survivors said, after exiting the cave."

"The survivor mages conjured spell barriers that held inside whatever they were running from. During the following months, the survivors wrote about their recurrent nightmares, so hideous that I shall not even dare mention them. The survivors' conditions worsened, and not even the greatest spells could be used to heal their minds. Eventually, they went mad, and killed many innocents, to finally kill themselves."

"Since then, this has been labelled the 'cavern of the lost souls', and the protection spells are constantly being cast. For some unknown reason, the spells weaken with time, as if something had been draining their energy. Every 23 years, when the protective barriers get weak enough, our greatest warriors are sent, with our greatest magical protection, to investigate the depths of the cavern, and try to find out if there is some way to close the portal and get rid of that dreaded curse. They're given three weeks period to investigate, before the elder mages would seal up the cave again, for the town's safety."

Amelia read the last paragraph:

"So far, none of them has come back in time."

9. Reisti Skalchaste

Max posts per member: 3. Total currently, luvweaver 2, Shinryu 1.
    Come on people, let's get our butts in gear and have people writing again.

"Oh, how could I have done this horrible thing!!" Amelia cried into the night air. (Or was it daytime? :p)

After apologizing profusely, Amelia promised that she would banish the evil in the cavern.

"In the name of Justice, these evil beings shall not terrify people any longer!"