Current Affairs The end of the Internet as we know it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

You wanna see major hysteria and armagedon, let them try this and there will be. Also, you could not possibly control the internet. It's too vast and there is just way too much data. Besides, we simply could just boycot the whole damn thing, along with tv. I don't know how long it would last considering Americans but hey, it's worth a shot.

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

It can't happen. If I don't go to their sites that can't charge me. Or use their services. They get all big brother on me I sue. Hehe. Or tap into someone elses line. Haha :D

3. Qarion-kun

Qarion-kun New Member

if they do this in the usa there might even be a split of the internet one part inside the usa costing lots of money and one part outside of it for a reasonable price, if this happens a lot of companies will move out of the usa which will greatly harm their economy...

4. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I'd say it would bee possible to moniter everyone and tehir moves since phone companied seem to be doing a gernerally good job of keeping track of peoples phone calls. Who them made them to, where they received them from and of course how much they cost!

The only problem i see is that these compenies are probably going to start tring to charge you for web sites that you haven't actually visited, kinda like when the phone company tries to charge you for that call to Alaska that you didn't make.

5. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

What is this? Don't tell me you believe a single word of this. Where are the sources? Where is the proof? That's what's 'bad' about the internet. Anyone can write anything without any restrictions. With the current USA's legislation it's very difficult to do that kind of crazy stuff. Also, if it were true, the internet would just break up. It wouldn't be as global it is but it'd stay free everywhere.

Let me tell you something, for real, but don't tell Shinryu I said this. Since Ragnarok has been online at b.jp for a week already Cloud wants him to help him to charge to every member each posted message. They've already been discussing this privately just for the purpose to get a huge benefit from the forum. This will be announced soon in the news forum but it's expected no one knows about it. To fight this, all we must NOT post a message at all in the forum when that fated day comes in a week. They'll soon reconsider this and b.jp will be back the way it is.

I know it's risky what I just posted but it's just to say that I don't see too much difference between that article and this post. (Actually, just for fun) :p

6. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Whether it's really planned or no, it's a stupid idea, and it would definately cause an uproar, am I wrong? Call it speculation then on a possibility. :p

Nice analogy though. I wish I talked to Cloud that much. :p

7. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Actually, they can. Bush already signed a bill that made being annoying on the internet without putting your real name in illegal. I can't find the thread that had the news article about it, though.

8. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

As stupid this thread is ;)

OMG, I fear so much Bush. Even though the backbone of the internet is at the US, most of its users are in other countries.

Right :rolleyes: , I can see that. You should have heard of many goverment projects as carnivore and some other which can scan thousands or millions of emails and other stuff in matter of minutes.
    He doesn't need to know :p

9. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

I don't like this at all. Alot of acsess to sites would be stopped. *hypervetilates* I like my internet the way it is! There isn't a reason besides getting more money and power.

Communication is very important. If you look at it at a global level, the internet and compter is this huge connection network to everywhere. Its good to have one everywhere for quick communication. Its special and a huge thing. I think about it like a book. This important thing that should be given to us for our right, and the common good. Suck up money loss.

10. Fushigi Rockna

Like Jedimdo, I doubt this is true. they'll never be able to do it anyways. That's like charging us of every step we take.

if this is true and they do try it, the idea will only flop and what they try to do to make more money will just result in less money.