Saber Marionette The (maybe-not) Annual Terra II Awards [Round 1]

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by BakaMattSu, Feb 28, 2001.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

We all know dang well how it *should* have ended....

BakaMattSu, who's Jerry?

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

It is confusing...
    isn't it talked about in J>X though of how Mesopotamia let them go...?

Seraphim, who believes Mesopotamia was created to have the three maiden circuits as a companion, and not Lorelei..maybe MV felt the Marionettes sadness...
    and yes, were their marionette bodies on stand by when all this happened?

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Jerry is the main character in Conspiracy Theory. Julia Robert's character sees him get shot, several times, and for 10 minutes it looks like he's dead, and the original script called for him to be dead. But, they tacked on a new scene at the end where she is driving along and sees him, he was just under government protection or some such nonsense. I felt really cheated
    --------------
    should have ended that way, but if it did, there would have been no chance to make a follow up series so good, no one wants to sub it

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

1) Squirl-y!!! it was sooooo cute!!!
    2) New Texas , though, the plasma spa was nice...for a bit..
    3) Faust
    4) Cherry's pickles rule*^-^*
    5) heh..lime all the way*^-^* (BIG megumi fan-girl)
    6) TIger cause she rules
    7) Leopard...

and thx for saving yourself from flaming there otaru*^-^* lol
    i guess i was too busy crying at the ending to be paying the full attention i should have been to watching it...*^-^*;;

------------------
    ----
    "Deciple 'Gamer'"
    http://www.geocities.com/bloodberry19

5. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

Best Supporting Animal

b) Ponta-Kun (somewhat of a story mascot?)

Favored Vacation Spot
    c) Kasahari Apartments in Nagoya, Japones

Best Control of Anger
    a) Faust and his breaking of wine glasses

Most Original Cook
    c) Lynx's Smoky (not to mention explosive) salmon

(with apologies to Cherry-chan)

Winner of Otaru's Affections
    <<;
    ;;>>
    <<;;;

Hanaga... ok ok fine! -_- Lime :p

Winner of Faust's Affections
    a) Tiger ("Jacqueline")

Biggest, Baddest, Machine-thingy
    c) Mesopotamia V

Lady Aoi: "Hanagata needs love!!"

6. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I can't believe I haven't posted to this yet!! (must have given up when I had 56k).

Best Supporting Animal:
    b) Ponta Kun all the way!! These little dudes remind me of Mogs(probably the dances)...

Favored Vacation Spot:
    a) Beachfront in New Texas. How can you go wrong with something that was done in CG!!

Best Control of Anger:
    a) Faust and his breaking of Wine Glasses!! hehe, CastleVania: Symphony of the Night comes to mind.

Most Original Cook
    c) Lynx's Explosive Salmon [​IMG] I can't believe Faust can actually eat this type of stuff!!!

a) Lime (childlike), I think she's the most interesting and fun marionette.

b) Lynx.

c) Mesopotamia V

7. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

>Best Supporting Animal
    >a) Lisuo (Lime's pet squirrel)
    >b) Ponta-Kun (somewhat of a story mascot?)
    >c) Little Doggie who almost gets run over by a speeding truck
    I vote for d)"Nezumi-kun" (Lime's mouse "friend")

>Favored Vacation Spot
    >a) Beachfront in New Texas
    >b) Mount Kamuna
    >c) Kasahari Apartments in Nagoya, Japones
    Uhh....d)Japoness Fuji...

>Best Control of Anger
    >a) Faust and his breaking of wine glasses
    >b) Otaru and his "explosive" personality
    >c) Lime and her "You hurt Otaru, didn't >you!?"
    I'm gonna go with d)Panther and her "I'll ram a napalm bomb down his/her throat and stuff him/her down the mouth of the Japoness Fuji!"

>Most Original Cook
    >a) Cherry's pickles ("they're da best!")
    >b) Lime's zo-ni (or should i say >"zou-niri"?)
    >c) Lynx's Smoky (not to mention explosive) >salmon
    d)Bloodberry's "BBQ Rock-tips"

>Winner of Otaru's Affections
    >a) Lime (childlike)
    >b) Cherry (homemaker)
    >c) Blood Berry (um...er, gifted?)
    As much as I would like to play spoiler by creating a write-in,I'm gonna go with a)Lime

>Winner of Faust's Affections
    >a) Tiger ("Jacqueline")
    >b) Lynx ("Lin Lun Lun")
    >c) Panther ("Ino...Ino..something or >other...")
    based on what I saw in the series,I'd have to go with a)Tiger (BTW,Panther's alias in the Marionette Contest was "Elena Ninotchika")

>Biggest, Baddest, Machine-thingy
    >a) The Black Beast
    >b) Saber-beast Leopard
    >c) Mesopotamia V
    At the risk of J to X spoilers,I'm going to go with d)Neo Mesopotamia

------------------
    Inuyasha ha brand sponsor
    no teikyou de
    okuri-shimashita!!

8. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

And then the creators had to go and do the same thing in J to X... BTW,if you want to read a really good alternate ending fic for J to X (and don't mind spoilers),then read Sumiki's "Forever Never Ever" on fanfiction.net....

------------------
    Inuyasha ha brand sponsor
    no teikyou de
    okuri-shimashita!!

[This message has been edited by InuYasha (edited 12-06-2001).]

9. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Before the results are tabulated, I figured we could give this one a little more voting time!

BakaMattSu, never forgets the posts of old, buried in time...

10. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

::Stands on top of a crate, on the side of them street with a few peices of paper:: Ahem... ::Sees no ones listening and keeps talking:: Here here!

Best Supporting Animal
    a) Lisuo (Lime's pet squirrel)

Favored Vacation Spot
    a) Beachfront in New Texas

Best Control of Anger
    c) Lime and her "You hurt Otaru, didn't you!?"

Most Original Cook
    c) Lynx's Smoky (not to mention explosive) salmon ( I had to ^^ )

a) Lime (childlike)

a) Tiger ("Jacqueline")

b) Saber-beast Leopard

11. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

WAIT! Atashi mo!

Best Supporting Animal
    a) Lisuo (Lime's pet squirrel)

Favored Vacation Spot
    c) Kasahari Apartments in Nagoya, Japones

Best Control of Anger
    c) Lime and her "You hurt Otaru, didn't you!?"

Most Original Cook
    b) Lime's zo-ni (or should i say "zou-niri"?)

a) Lime (childlike)

a) Tiger ("Jacqueline")

b) Saber-beast Leopard

There you have it ^_^

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

And the winners are...

The votes have been tabulated after a year and a half of running and voting, and now it's time to present the Terra II Awards!

It's been a wonderful year, and a good round of fan feedback, and even some late nominees for the awards, and now here are the results.

Best Supporting Animal
    After much debate over whether or not any of Hanagata's many special items where eligible, an undaunted Risuo, or Squirrely earns this award, particularly for it's classic final emotional scene where Lime returns it to the wild.

Favored Vacation Spot
    The award goes to the New Texas beachfront, with it's wonderful rocky backdrop, and wonderfully white sandfront. The country keeps its property open to the public with a few disclaimers. During some seasons this locale is closed due to a horrendous undertow. But, during the summer peak, it is the place to be on Terra II's surface. As a sidenote, the Japoness Health Centre received an honorable mention.

Best Form of Anger Management
    Heil Faust, who nabs the anger management award for his expensive dishware habits. The ruler of Gartlant certainly has a habit of emotionally exploding when things go awry.

Original Cooking Reward
    This award was reserved for the character with the most creative cooking skills. Cherry and Lime were nearly neck-and-neck, but it was Luch's Special Explosive Salmon that blew away the competition. Congratulations, Luchs.

Winner of Otaru/Faust's Affections
    There were no real surprises here. Lime wins the Otaru Award, and Tiger the Faust.

Biggest, Baddest Machine-Thingy
    After the Black beast weaseled its way past Japoness-Gar to get into the running, Saber Beast Leopard took first place. This is one nasty machine you'd likely not want to be the target of. Outperforms any combat marionette in the field, and a weapon of truly terrifying proportions. And remorseless.

A big congratulations to our winners, and a thanks to the participants.

13. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

One huge round of applause. >D I now know where to vacation on Terra II, and whose cooking to look (or rather, watch out for)! ^_~

14. axron27

axron27 New Member

For best animal, what about mousie? J series eps 9, 10 and 11. Remember he scared away the Saber Dolls? It's a toss between him and suirrely. Don't like the Pontas because they resemble the more childish animes -Poke Mon etc..-, too cliche, too cute yuch! besides cuteness was perfected in Lime anyways.

Otaru's affections? Lime of course. She loves him the most unselfishly out of the 3. At the same time, however, she often acts more like an equal to Otaru. Although when she speaks to others, Lime refers to Otaru as master, she hardly, if ever, calls Otaru master to his face always addressing him by name. Lime's love for Otaru is naive and pure. Cherry and Bloodberry treat him as a prize to be won. Bloodberry's feelings for Otaru often border on contempt -referring to him as an idiot in episode 7-. Although she is naive and dopey -getting hit by lightning upon awakening was probably the cause- Lime's love for Otaru is not only schoolgirl like, but very motherly and protective, similar to her Saber Doll counterpart Tiger -basically the same model as JSML01, Lime but not brain damaged like Lime, at least not initially-. Cherry's feelings are less pure because she has a romantic and fantasy vision of her love for Otaru, which doesn't often deal with the challenges of the realities of love very well. Cherry has all the potential of the disenchanted broodmare who gave up all her gifts for marriage and learns to regret it -you know? suburban housewife blues-. Lime is Otaru's best friend and the closest to him. It seems obvious that Otaru likes Lime the best, when given the chance, he's been known to be very affectionate to her - J Again series -. When Cherry almost had him, Lime was able to gain his full attention very quickly, much to poor Cherry's disdain. Bloodberry's straying was triggered by Otaru's allowing Lime to interfere in plans that Bloodberry and Otaru had made.

Anger management. Bloodberry is often times the peacemaker when Otaru goes off, especially when he goes off on Lime, who Bloodberry is somewhat protective of. Often Bloodberry is the voice of reason when Otaru goes out of control or gets hung up on ideals vs practical reality. Cherry may be smart, but Bloodberry is wisest.

Faust's affections. Tiger, pretty much for the same reasons as Lime to Otaru, Motherly love and protectiveness and closeness as a companion. I noticed the same pattern between the Saber Dolls and the Marionettes of Otaru regarding their masters. The older the model the closer the girl to the master -Lime and Tiger-. The youngest -Bloodberry and Panther- were the most rebellious and boldest in dealing with their masters. Both Tiger and Lime are virtually invincible if they are protecting their masters and not so much over more trivial sources of conflict -as tough as they are, both Tiger and Lime can be creampuffs if they are not properly motivated-. But as I said, if Faust or Otaru are threatened, Those two ladies become awesome in power and spirit.

Most original cook: Even Limes Jumbo Gumbo can't compare to a piping hot serving of Luch's gunpowder steaks, although I don't think gunpowder blows up unless under pressure. The grill would undoubtedly make the gunpowder steaks sizzle like nuts though. Luch's, everything but the garbage can itself, soup is a culinary nightmare that makes Lime's twitching fare seem appetizing.

15. Black Robed One

Black Robed One New Member

I know that the voting is closed, but…

Ummm… Let’s see…

A) Order some of Gartlant soldiers to gun you down.
    B) Order Saber Dolls to kill you quick.
    C) (If he is REALLY angry) “Saber Dolls! I want to see this insect suffer and eventually die!”
    D) Order Saber Beast Leopard to do something bad with you (like break you in two, fry you with its mouth laser, or simply step on you).
    E) Order his Krabbensteiff to fall down onto you (poor Krabbensteiff isn't good for anyything else).
    F) Order Zauberburg to unborrow right under you.
    G) (If you make Faust angry enough to soil his hands, or if none of people/machines listed above are available) Gun you down from his blaster (and Faust isn’t bad with it, mind you).
    H) (If you are far away) Sent one of Gartlant spy marionettes to assassinate you.
    I) (If you are far away and too tough for a Gartlant spy marionette) Sent Saber Dolls to assassinate you.
    J) (If you are far away and he is too tired or isn’t especially angry) Do nothing, and simply wait while Panther will go to kill you for angering him.

Hmmm… That’s all, I guess. Everything else I could think of is kinda variation of these. But still, it’s more then enough, don’t you think?