Paranormal The Vampire Temple.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chance, May 24, 2006.

1. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

So..My dad joined the Vampire Temple awhile back. It's basically this weird little organization that makes you pay 50 bucks or so to get their little bible. With it, you become a member and you go to their ceremonies and such once a year or more.

They believe that you feed from the life source of other; Not blood but energy, an 'aura' or something of that sort. They haves rules, and regulations as well as actual numbers behind their beliefs.

In my eyes, I believe they're just like that weird little group in florida that believes aliens will take them to heaven. Religious zealots that have their own beliefs, no matter how ludicris they may seem.

But, what do you guys think? If you'd like to scan more on them, here's the link:
    http://www.vampiretemple.com

2. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

Before I say anything, your father might believe in it because he joined it but can choose to leave whenever he wants, but do you beleive in it? If you don't, do you or do you not mind him being in it? I want to know this before I say something I might regret.

3. Chance

My family is one of mysticism, but oddly enough, I was raised judaic. So, I'm jewish or somewhat though non practicing where as my dad is a 'vampire'. My mom is still jewish, never had an inkling of change when he made his choice. And though I grew up around things like wiccan meetings and mysticism classes, etc. I'm not one to claim I was enlightened by all the smoke and mirrors. I'd love to believe in Vampires and ghosts and such, but I just can't get past the whole 'it's impossible' thing.

4. Lance Leingod

Well, I read through what I could and frankly, a lot of the stuff I don't believe. They have good intentions on some things like the things about crimes but I can't believe in a lot of things.

One thing though I don't get is the vampire part. We have no real proof that anything of vampires really exist. We have history about Vlad Dracula, the Impleller, the one that really started all the vampires, is said that he drank blood when he was alive. That was what everyone got that idea from, at least from what I know. We don't really know if Vampires exist but when we dug Vlad's grave, all we found was animal bones. We can't really say that they do or don't drink blood but neither can we say that everything we have heard about vampires is true. I like facts because it gives me an idea about something or another. I have my own beilefs but they're calling themselves vampires. They can't say that they are the one true vampire temple because all there is to know about vampires are mear stories, tales to scare kids and give us a wonder about things.

There are also other things I could start talking about but one thing I want to get across is the "Vampire Bible" they are talking about. The word bible means "The Holy Bible", "The Book", "Work of God", and some other things in greek, their saying of gods just makes me mad because the word "bible" deals with God and they don't seem to believe in him.

Magic is also something that we got from pure fantasy. None can do it and its just something we made up to give us some sense of being beyond what we really are, at least in my opinion.

The FAQ they had also had the thing about proving it to someone. People ask this because they still don't yet understand something new they come across. Without learning what it is from their 'bible' is pointless in my opinion, telling about it isn't really going to convince us, its just going to make our interest about it grow more. Take the Christian Bible, you can't really know about it without reading it and until you do, you can't understand it. All they do is talk about it in general, if they want to get people, take about something speciifc from the book itself and then talk it to people.

5. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

it seems intresting the only vampire bible i read from a friend was the book of cain where it talks about after cain killed abel

6. Lance Leingod

Sorry about being rude in my last post. If you don't think so, it sounds like it to me. I just said things that I wanted to say. It just makes sense to me.

7. Chance

Actually, their belief if that you are your own god. There is no one god anymore.. Because in truth your idea of god is different then mine. And my Dad has never really tried to sit me down and explain all their beliefs.

Erm..No.

Vampires have been around far longer then the stories of Vlad Tepes the Impaler.
    Beverley Richardson wrote about it once, pointing out some of early myths of Vampires.
    Funny how if you study up on something, you can wipe away things that arn't even close to the truth.

Now this is what you are talking about. All the B-rated BS from hollywood and the rumors of Lady Bathory and Vlad Tepes.

Look, the Vampire Temple may seem farfetched to some..But then again the Christian religion seems farfetched to me.

For the sake of arguments sake, I have to admit I'm not a believer in this new fad religion. Or any of the others, like scientology and such. But I cannot say I know that it is 100% false. Noone can, unless you claim to know just how we got here and just where we go when we die.

8. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

*falls outta chair laughing* vampires are nothing more than fairy tales and this orginization is obviously full of people who should go join a physic ward!!!!!
    I am so sure if I bite my lip and suck the blood I am getting a amazing auora of energy....one that makes me go EWwWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

9. Chance

-_- That was a rude and amazingly illiterate statement but thank you for telling me my father should be in a mental ward.

Next time you plan to make a comment, watch who the heck you indult with it.

10. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

You know how I would loove to join in the laughing and poking fun of vamps thiers a limit and thiers also a reason why it's a thread for the sake of discussion...not to act like a nub >.>

So it essence you are yourself a god, so that means everyone in that religion is thier own god which means everyone who gives 50$ gets to become a god as long as they read the rules and believe it correct? OMG I KNEW IT >.>; I have doubt believieng it but I see yoru point. Thier are more stories of vampires older then Vlad the Impalier and so on.

But What lance says also holds, the fact that these are more widly known make it a more reasonable statement and source.

But, could someone point to me a solid infomation sourece that actually shows a undead blood feeding person that will die if they walk in the sunlight that isn't written in a book entitled by an author >.>

11. Lance Leingod

About Vald, I thought he was the first because of something I learned a while back. Thanks for telling me ^_^. And I really misunderstood what they meant about the god thing. I must have a really bad memory :p.

And Samurai Me, the fairy tale part is ture but you were rude in the post. You put in there that you drank your own blood but in their law, they don't use blood. And the laughing was bad enough.

12. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

lol ok sorry sorry ....................................Its just I have never read nor heard of anything as strange and stupid as this. But sorry lucky, I didn't mean to be that rude. Sorry.

13. Chance

Strange and stupid? At this point kid, I think you're pretty strange and stupid.

14. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

let's settle baqck onto discussion shall we? I'm still a lil sketchy on how this religion is. Mind giving a more indepth look at it lucky?

15. Lance Leingod

I'm still a little sketchy about it too like Nightmare. On the outside, it seems creepy to me. Could you talk about it indepth with us, lucky?

16. Chance

Heh, It's not my religion to know honestly. I'll be honest, I was kinda disappointed in my father for joining it, but it's his belief. So, From what I've seen of the bible he has, The leader types are called 'dragons' and they hold large conventions and are linked to another similar temple that lacks the vampire theme. The majority of members are between 18-24 but quite a few older citizens and celebrities are moving towards this new..Religion.

I'm not an expert and what I get is the very little my dad spills when I see him. Honestly, they're really secretive about it..Kinda like a cult..o_O

17. Lance Leingod

Odd, why would they have to be secretive about it? Its a religion, a creepy one but still a religion, shouldn't it be more public. Every religion that I happen to know about is a public religion. I've never heard one where they want to be secretive about it.

18. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

At certain times in history religions we now know of were secret to avoid any unwanted attention from authorities or people that didn't understand it. So this could be one of those religions..but..don't know how secretive a religion is when it has it's own damn web page >.>

19. Chance

*lecough* Opus Dei *cough*

20. Lance Leingod

What's Opus Dei?