Square Enix Toughest Fight of them all

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BakaMattSu, Nov 22, 2002.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Think back to all your FF gaming experience. Which fight is the hardest one you've had to overcome (or not) ? And why do you think you had such trouble?

2. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

hiho

i'd have to say in FFVII when you had to fight dyne... that is so hard! i cant get past it! and also id say in FF III when you haveto beat the octopus. it was hard.

3. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

I think it might be the final fight with Ex-Death in Final Fantasy V. The next closest might be FFVII's fight with Sephiroth (Spoiler: The deformed looking one, not the one-on-one fight, Cloud V Sephiroth). I wouldn't really count some of the Weapons since those battles were optional, but I did have trouble with Ruby and Emerald (VII) and Omega (V).

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

From what I've heard (from a turnip I know) Exdeath is very hard to beat, that's why I need to train like mad in FF5 right now. The hardest battle for me was against the Ruby weapon in FF7, it kept on sucking up my guys... I should try only going in with Cloud or whatever that one strategy was.

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Exdeath, natch. That guy's insane, especially since that damn big bang attack...better make sure characters can take a few of those without Rosa casting too many cure4's or Rydia doin' too many Asuras.

And hell, most last-level normal enemies in...FFV? are a pain. The main characters die too easily.

But, I'd say that FF bad dude in Mario RPG is damn hard too, if you don't have the Lazy Shell.

6. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

Shinryu from FFV.He is IMPOSSIBLE.You dont have to fight him but I think he gives you a really good item if you win,which probably wont happen.(I never beat him...:sweat2: )

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Hmm, Imma bring this to the top because I'm surprised none of the FFVII fans mentions Ruby and Emerald Weapons. Those guys were pains in the neck...and freakin' Ruby didn't even give you anything more spectacular than a Gold Chocobo. And usually a very slow one at that.

Ruby pisses me off because of his damn status tentacles. I mean, yeah, he's rather easy once you know the trick, but damn...what a nutty jerk. The only way I really won was due to the fact that I had speed maxed out. I didn't bother going the, "Revive the other part members" route because I was just tired of having to cast Life and waste all those Pheonix Downs. Especially since I'M the one that kills them. :p I think the only reason I took the time to beat this jerk was because I wanted to fully complete the game. It was a #()$*(*#@&$ too, since I insisted on EVERY FREAKIN' enemy skill...though I only used Goblin Punch, Angel's Breath, and the two/three elemental all spells (Beta, and Trine.)

Emerald was even worse. Had to freaking waste a materia slot just for "underwater" and I had beat him once without it, but then ran outta time before the win screen came up. DAMMIT. Air Tam Stom and those freaking JEWELS!!! bAAAAAAAH!!!! Boo to them...forever! Thank god for all the Limit Breaks and Knights of the Round 2x -> Mime.

8. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

in ff9.
    i was up to the last boss KUJA, i think that was his name.
    anywy, i had made all my characters ALOMOST trance, only 1 hit would make them trance, and then guess wat? instead of fighting KUJA, i had to fight this dragon thing. im like "wat the hell!?" and then i wasted my trance on the stupid dragon, and when it was dead, i had to fight KUGA wuth no trance at all! i have tried so many times its not funny, and to this very day, my dusty PSOne memory card sits there, containing the impossible fight that i was never prepared for.

9. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

Ooh. You'll be Super Pissed at this then. There's an even tougher dude after you beat Kuja.

Whoo...that damned Doom Train from FF3 was tough! Lol, j/k.

Toughest boss was Ozma (FF9). He was tougher than Kuja and the other dude PUT TOGETHER. After a while, I just stopeed trying.

10. FF_Freak_Dobio

FF_Freak_Dobio New Member

Toughest fight is definitely against the one person you never beat. That being Beatrix! She's my idol, but that's not important...anyway, she kicks your arse every time.

11. Odin

Odin Member

***spoilers ahead***

Arcangel Armada - tougher battle after Kuja? Necron was a JOKE!!!!! Oh wait, he WAS more tough than Kuja . . . my characters were just hella tough. Nevermind ^_^ Hades (an optional boss in FF IX) was "supposed" to be more difficult than Necron according to the official guide, but I accidentally beat him . . . by the way, isn't there some other optional super-tough boss in FF IX? Where is it?

***end spoilers***

Emerald Weapon is the toughest fight I've ever fought. It was wonderful - Cid was my last standing character, with Final Attack and Phoenix linked together. I don't remember exactly how it happened, but it involved Emmy dying and then Cid dying (maybe he was poisoned? Or he was hit?) but either way I remember that somehow Emmy died and Cid was down, and all of a sudden Phoenix is summoned and Cid stood alone, amidst the blood, tears, and sweat, VICTORIOUS OVER EMERALD WEAPON! HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Odin

12. FF_Freak_Dobio

You mean Ozma don't you?

He's in Chocobo's Paradise, and is incredible hard to beat. If you give all those little critters the gems, you can attack him with physical attacks, if you don't you can only you magic to attack him.

13. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I have yet to beat the Emerald Weapon. I just got bored of leveling to take him on...

I spent about 10 hours worth Morphing things in the crash plane Gelniki for Sources to pump my stats...

I tried my fancy 7777 trick...he survived it and then whomped me...

Basically I just quit on him.

------------------------------------

Ozma, yes, looks to be another Emerald Weapon. Seems this sucker has a chance of whipping out a blast attack that wipes your entire party (9999 HP each). At least he does it to me every fight...

Exdeath was also a challenging fight. There were a number of those in FFV, which was a nice thing. But Izzy, tell me how Rosa and Rydia managed to jump ahead to help you with this fight? ;)

Other mentions and my comments:

Dyne was maybe a bit tough the first time if you're like me and neglect Barret. Still, some timely healing items or Materia and he's not all that tough. Wouldn't really label him tough.

Ultros was pretty much a joke in any of his incarnations, wasn't that the idea behind him? I'd say the toughest fight against him is during the raft ride even...:p

One-Winged Angel Sephiroth or Bizzaro Sephiroth? In either case, I was really disappointed by these fights...they were way too breezy.

Kuja and Necron were moderate difficulty. I say so, because they presented some challenge, and you have to actually think while fighting them...unlike *cough* *cough* Kefka *cough* *cough*...

------------------------------------------------

I hafta tack on Chaos from the original Final Fantasy, cause he could be a real pain. Instant death spells (RUB, XZONE, ZAP!) and all the mega ones (NUKE, CUR4)... made him a very tough nut to crack. And back in those days, we had to walk thru 5 levels of dungeon without saving to face him, fighting the four fiends as bosses along the way...Ouch was that frustrating sometimes...

14. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

LOL, okay...ya got me. I was wrong. Somehow, I was thinking of whoever that last boss in IV was. HE pissed me off. My bad, Baka-sama. :D But, yeah, exdeath was hard too. I want to reiterate that I was talking about the FF with Cecil in it...not FFV. Just call me an idiot for a day. :D

And what's the "fancy 7777 trick?" I've never done the actual technique...does it just happen to be lots of attacks in continuation?

15. FF_Freak_Dobio

For Ozma, you have to move all of your members to the back line, otherwise he'll wipe you out easy. Two white mages are necessary too, to keep each other and your party alive. Then, the other guy is up to you I suppose...

16. Odin

Odin Member

Izzy - yeah, the end boss of FF IV pissed me off too!!!!!!!! I spent countless hours just leveling up so I'd be strong enough to beat it.
    -Odin

17. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Well, I only played FF8 till the near end of disk 2 because my [what was his name again? you know, the evil GF which comes out of a lamp or something], wasn't too strong and I couldnt win.

When I wanted to try to play the game once more, I couldnt because Rashid lost them :anger:

Now I play FFX, and you know which monsters I am stick with from my posts here :sweat:..

Speaking of stuck with monsters, Does anyone knows how to stop Seymore *again* -.-; the one that appeared before the gang reaches Zandarkand..
    PM me .. ^^;

18. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Call me crazy, but I didn't find Zeromus (the final ff4 boss) all *that* challenging... he was about on par with the Kuja/Necron fights... kind like the final 4 or 5 straight boss fights in ff8.

It's all relative to how pumped your characters are with those type of fights.

19. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Deleted reported post, and person who reported it post(he seemed to be worried it was spam).
    I think the hardest fight in my experience is Ruby weapon. Nothing I can't handle though.

20. FF_Freak_Dobio

I've got to play FF7 again. I didn't fight any of the weapons....beat it in 24 hours though...I was going for speed, not getting everything.