Debate Toughest Sport

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phalanx, Jul 19, 2003.

1. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

I'm probably going to get laughed at for saying this, but... synchronized swimming. Yeah, it's basically underwater ballet, but could you imagine the work you'd have to put into it? You'd have to change your physical timing to account for water drag, as well as be able to pull off some of those moves. I've not actually participated in this, but just watching it, you get a sense for the strain put on the body.

2. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

Im rather split up on this.
    I find it between rugby and canadian football.
    ok i choose rugby, its mostly since my mates are mostly guys and when they come back for the balll the ram into my gut. blechh. Its not fun either when people bite you too.

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Here, for Teddz (because I know he'd agree) and myself:

http://www.fsr-rally.com/wrc2003/wrc2003.php

It's a link to the footage of some of the World Rally Championships this past year. Now, this, folks, is TOUGH. Not only do you have to deal with multitudes of elements, but you have to fight it with a car. Not easy when your car doesn't grip on dirt and snow and ice. ^_^

Edit: You see Peter Solsburg's Subaru WRX STi as the winner, as well as a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII, a Ford Focus (that actually does REALY well, as far as WRC goes), and a lot of a Renault...something.

-----

Izzy, car lover and closet hentai of M2A.

4. Ryu-Ki

Ryu-Ki New Member

I'm going with Tai Boxing, man that a tough sport.

5. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

holy cr*p how could i forget about boxing-wrestling?!?!
    that stuff is hard, you have to train and always like starve yourself to make weight, wow i already know a ton of anorexic girls who would be good at that..

6. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

7. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Ima have to go with soccer....running for 90 min is no easy task. You have to have speed and endurance...and strength if u wanna blast that ball into the net. Being a goalkeeper is hard 2. Lets see you try to block a ball comin at you at 60+ mph.

8. Dante

Dante New Member

I'll have to agree with Vicious on this one. Soccer is rather enduring and difficult, Probably the most difficult, right above mass genocide.

(Dogma reference: "Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer.").

Anyways, I Played soccer when I was little and was fortunate enough to be goalie most of the time. ;P I got hit in the face enough, but, y'know... thus is life. :p

9. MrPig

MrPig New Member

Thus, i declare Battle Rapping to be the most difficult of them all :anime:

Oookay then... seriously, i have a lot of respect for Male (for body mass) Olympic Gymnasts who use the rings. That is the hardest thing ive ever seen.

1 person likes this.
  10. koyal

koyal New Member

i

i think track is the hardest

11. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Track? Soccer is practically based on track. At least in my case. I join track after soccer season is over. Just in one soccer game...it feels like if you have ran for miles.

How about rugby? I think that is a body breaking sport. I think its like 60 min a half..of just tackling people n stuff....i dont know much about it.

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Until I learn and master them all for comparison, I can't fully consider.

Guessing, though, I'm with DrunkLeprachaun in thinking those "athlons" are probably up there.

13. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Shoot.. I guess to be among the best in any sport is going to be insanely difficult (unless it's a sport played by two people).

Swinging a baseball bat and connecting with a hard thrown pitch (or a curving, sinking or rising pitch) after having a split second to decide whether it's worth swinging at first is a very difficult thing. The professionals, the best of the best, are lucky to succeed 1/3rd of the time.

Placing a hockey puck in whatever corner of the net you want is difficult, as would be (for me) balancing while skating in circles, backwards.

Golf: as much as I'd like to see a Happy Gilmore take over, they have to tune their swings to perfection. See Tiger's slump since splitting from his swing coach.

The amount of plays in an American Football playbook is staggering. Knowing them all and recalling them all in the face of someone who'd love to take you out for the season is impressive, as is recognizing or anticipating the oppositions play and adjusting to it on the fly. So many people see big brainless idiots bouncing around randomly (and there is some of that :D ), but it is a very cerebral game. At least for the coaches and coordinators lol

Soccer: from personal experience, after over a decade of playing, I never did have a reliable shot with my left foot :D Can't tell me shooting (and passing) accurately is not hard.

Volleyball: Why can't my forearms present a flatter surface dangit! Oh well, nothing more satisfying that crushing a ball straight into the floor, with optional detour off someone's head. My best hit broke a defenders finger and gave another defender a bloody nose :) Had mine broken too though hehe

Basketball: Consistantly hitting an outside shot, even as your arms tire and with defenders in your face is hard. The rest of the world is quickly making it as obvious that it's not as hard as we thing though :D Less dunking, more playing please!

Cricket: call me ADD afflicted, but it must be hard to stay focused on defense, waiting for that stray fly ball.

Skiing: Fly down a hill at 60 mph. Don't crash! Skiing is murder on the thighs, those guys are strong. And whenever I try to turn on ice, it's all I can do to keep from landing on my rear (and I've been skiing since I was 3) They manage to stay upright at tremendous speeds, on what could almost be a hockey rink.

And then there's stuff like figure skating, skateboarding, freestyle ski jumping, BMX jumping etc.. all sorts of stuff where it's really easy to stuff it, and then you lose..

I guess what I am saying is: professional athletes are amazing :D

14. k-ninja244IZZE4

k-ninja244IZZE4 New Member

I think basketball is the hardest becuz u have to be a good ainmer have skill wit the ball be strong and alot more other stuff I won't put in detail cuz I got to go to sleep.

bye :anime:

15. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

wow, wtf does that even say? is ainmer even a real word?

16. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

I don't think it's English....

17. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i don't even think it's australian...

if it ever gets translated, these might get cleaned up...

18. Dante

Dante New Member

"I think basketball is the hardest because you have to be capable of aiming well and you must have skill with the ball. You also have to be strong and a lot of other stuff that I would go into more detail with, but alas, I must depart for Mr. Sandman calls me forth to the World of Dreams and a deep deep slumber.

FARE THEE ALL WELL!"

That's how I read it... only.. y'know, a bit more idiotic and all. And enducing much more of a migraine.

19. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

amon, you are much stronger than i currently lol
    brain didn't even link to aiming XD it's been a long 3 weeks...