Paranormal UFO's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yossarian, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I get my information from actual research. I once was deeply into this kind of thing, and I still remember most of what I learned.

Hyperspeed is a fictional speed in a fictional show. Also speeds faster than light are only theorized by our scientists and most believe it to be impossible.

Did you know that the faster you go, the slower time goes? Light speed brings time almost to a standstill. If you were to move at light speed and survive, only 5 seconds would (I believe) be over 50 Earth years.

Plus the crushing force of moving at that high speed would be far more than enough to turn any human into paste. I doubt that any alien species would be able to survive that kind of pressure.

That's right. It's NOTHING like the movies. :)

2. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

I agree with Shinryu on this, plus I have this to say.

No one can say there is no other life in the universe, I think its unlikely this is the only planet with life, but until we actully find any its anybody's guess. As Shinryu said, because of the distances, it would have to be super close to ever be able to reach us, so that realy cuts down the probability of finding it.

But as for UFO sightings this is a mixture of mistaking natural phenomena, weather balloons, stuff like that, as well as people making it up or just being plain bonkers and seeing stuff. Its all down to whether you are ready believe someting because somebody told you, plus accepting a few vague photos as being what they say they are. I'm not. Until theres real evidence and stuff actually happens like it does in the movies, like War of the Worlds, then I dont see ANY reason to believe they are here.

Plus all this stuff about evil aliens, this says more about people's fear then it does about what's really out there.

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Even if they were superclose, unless they were already in our solar system (in which case it's more probable we'd already know of them) it would still be quite possible, indeed, likely, that they'd miss us. Think about this. There are 360 degrees in a circle and planets are (more or less) spheres. That means there's thousands of possible launch directions, indeed, millions. And the further away they are, the more precise the launch would have to be to even come *close* to us.

Take a planet that's 3 lightyears away. Launching on a mere .3 degrees away from our direction would take the ship quite far away. It's simple geometry in that case. Even with no course changes, no gravity to pull the ship off course, nothing to interfere with the travel, even at that level of precision, the ship would still miss us by a long shot. (I'd give actual figures but I don't feel like figuring it out right now, plus it's not necessary)

And of course the matter of time is still all-pervading. Space flight at any distance great enough for life to possibly exist would take far too long for most earthly species to live through, why assume any alien life-forms would live much longer. It is possible, but we should not make assumptions based on mere possibility.

The chances of us encountering alien life, or alien life encountering us are simply too miniscule to ever realistically hope for it to happen.

Exactly. So many sightings are fakes or hoaxes that it's hard to believe that any could be real. Of course, there are a few anomalies, but the likelyhood of it being actual alien life is very small.

People fear the unknown, and what they fear, they hate. People make up stories about evil aliens because it's entertaining, of course, but also possibly because it gives them a sense of satisfaction to have "conquered" the "source" of that fear.

4. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

time only slows relative to a stationary observer. if you looked at a clock in your spaceship travelling at the spped of light, then 1 second still = 1 second.

the primary problems with speed of light travel is:
    1. mass increases with speed. at the speed of light (c) you would have infinite mass
    2. you would need an infinite amount of energy to move this infinite mass.
    3. humans can only withstand a certain rate of accelleration (G forces). so to reach the speed of light would take a long time. and no one knows the effects of this sort of prolonged exposure.
    4. we'd all rather make lots of guns and kill each other :eek: .

unless you believe in string theory. then an alien could be standing right next to you. in another dimension. You could talk to it with a 'gravity phone' with no time lag.

as long as aliens are green with big eyes and ride bicycles across the sky i'm cool with them. :cool:

some believe they fear the known. An Anal probe or two will do that to a man...

1 person likes this.
  5. Reisti Skalchaste

Is it really? I wish I could remember where I learned that, then. I remember reading this hypothetical situation where someone travelled at light speed for 5 seconds and 50 years passed outside, or something. Oh well.

Exactly :)

Never heard of any "string theory." Mind explaining what it is?

Cute.

But the anal probe was also fictional. Where did the idea come from that aliens probe us that way? Especially when it's so unlikely that they'd even be here.

6. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Everything is relative, including time. For example a particle clock, where a particle of matter rebounds inside of it and measures time. Add a translation movement to the clock and check it from a relative point outside of it. The distance it travels is greater (I hope you understand it. Tried to draw it with characters but messed up). And, yes, that's what's supposed to happen according to Einstein's theory of relativity, at different speeds time is different too.

The string or super string theory talks about a ten-dimensional universe which can explain all fenomenons that occur in a 10E-33 super string, more or less ^_~

I don't believe we are alone in this universe. Right now I can quote this from the movie Contact: "Well, if there wasn't, it'd be an awful waste of space."

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Well, unless we were meant to one day fill that space, no? The way our population grows, I'm sure we'll eventually have to move to other planets, if we can.

Though again, the travel period is a very big factor.

8. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

thats the 'exciting' part of string theory, distance doesn't really matter..
    fictional?, there are people who believe they've had one. who are we to judge them?

9. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Then, a colony ship called 'Mesopotamia' will depart the earth to search for a new home, right? :p XD Still, it'd be a great waste of space. And, if things seem correct, the universe is infinite, so it'd never be filled.

For the string itself, I think. What are the advantages if we cannot control that string?

10. Reisti Skalchaste

Ever hear of an implanted memory? You can make someone believe something if you know how to do it. It's as simple as that.

11. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Yes, but why would someone have an implanted memory eh? Who would implant a fake memory of a fake incident such as the anal probeage thing. Aliens, but why? The Government? Why would the government, who is known for its coverups, implant a fake memory about something they're trying to keep secret. Why would aliens wanna give us the wrong impression of them. The basic question here is why would someone want to do that?

12. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

*cough* That should read "We know OF no planets". And granted we haven't been able to actually look at much. Furthermore with terraforming Mars could sustain human life; theoretically planets -almost- suitable could be made to as well.

13. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

14. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

revenge of the triffiads. all we need is a mighty hose.
    if aliens were implanting a memory wouldn't it be one that told them nothing ever happened. or do they just abduct them and implant anal probe ideas for shits and giggles?. (not that i'm against this idea.)

15. Reisti Skalchaste

It can be self-implanted. You tell yourself something for long enough, it becomes true, to you. You could hear something from someone, and it's like, "Hey! I don't remember last night! That must be what happened to me!"

Watch the language, ok?

16. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

False memories, or better said, suggested/rewritten memories are possible. Cults often use hypnotic suggestions (very carefully crafted , so you won't notice it's hypnosis) to make you rewrite your past, i.e. blocking your fond memories of your parents and make you keep only the bad ones as to make you believe your parents don't love you.

False memories can also be suggested by hypnosis during "past-life regressions".

How many people experienced the so-called "abductions" (I'm referring to the symptoms and not the name) before Roswell was made public? Think about it.

17. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

is there life out there in the universe? most probably

UFOs visiting us, after seeing the declassified roswell stuff... not probable...

18. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I wish Hollywood would stop filling peoples minds with garbage. I honestly think some people are to narrow minded to believe that there isn't anyone else out there. Human ego stricks again. I think there are aliens otherwise the Universe would be a big waste of space. Our technology that the public gets to use is behind maybe even by a lot.

19. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

thats a wish you know will never come true. they have yearly contest to see who can spew out the greatest entertaining crap.