Paranormal Vampires Undead Or Alive?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fudge_Monkeys, Jun 26, 2005.

?

Vampires Undead Or Alive

1. Undead

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
  2. Alive

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Alright then. In classical folklore, where they first originated, vampires were reanimated corpses. They were hideous and ugly to look at, and they lived off the blood of humans. I don't remember now where I read this, however I can assure you of its veracity.

In Elizabethan times, they began to change, becoming pleasing to the eye, and adding a hint of sensuality to the legend. However they were still considered undead, and it was, and is believed that vampires suffer an aversion to garlic, to silver, and to sunlight, as well as holy symbols, and a weakness to stakes made of ashwood. These latter four are characteristic of undead beings and tend to bring the impression that they are of course, undead.

In more modern times, it is somewhat the same, however, they've changed again. Vampires are typically thought of as vicious, evil animals, who hold ill intent for the world and all living beings on it. Various contemporary media such as the movie Blade, and the television series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, are characteristic of this. And of course, they still exist in a state of unlife.

In regards to your statement about Blade, Fudge_Monkeys, Blade is half-vampire. He is also half human, and he was born this way. He is not a valid example in this question, as he is an anomaly and unusual in that manner.

That's pretty much all I have to say, then, so...

2. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

vampire are the undead because they have to return from the grave to drink the blood of mortals and they have to do it all the time or they would become weak or what nots I'm not sure Haven't read A book on vampires in a long time :D

3. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

My Dad joined the Vampire Temple like 3 years ago and he seems alive so if we get off the B-movie horror idea and go with the real religion, I'm saying alive. xD

4. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

their body is dead, but it is preserved in the state its in to you 'kill' them. But dead....

5. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Or it's a religion...So they're alive. =/