Debate Vegetarians

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raven, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

Mord even if it had freedom where do you think it would go. It would stay on the farm. I highly doubt cows understand what freedom is, they probably either like a place or not, and since this is a farm I am guessing it likes the place and chooses to stay there and not escape.

There are examples of Chimps in zoos having their cages wide open with no one around and them staying away from the door until its closed again. They seem to like it. If an animal in a zoo had the choice to either be free or to stay most likely it would stay. It could probably care less about what freedom is.

2. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

that's my point.. it has no sense of self or it's own awareness.. it is meat, nothing more. there is no reason not to eat it, or to feel sorry for it. it doesn't understand what sorry is.

3. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Human beings are more advanced creatures than animals and another living creatures. Human beings have brains that think, knows and such, but animals dont think, or have no idea whats going on in life.. I think.. ^^;

Before I say my point of view, remember that I am a muslim, and not many people who see what I see. :) And if you want any proof, open the holy Quraan ;P

God made animals in this world for us to eat and live. That's petty much it. :p

4. Charlie

Charlie Guest

Pls don't eat little animals.

5. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Grr... I need to see the next "V" miniseries to come up with something else...

Those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, watch "V: the Original Miniseries", all questions will be answered.

6. Charlie

Charlie Guest

Your talkin' 'bout the scenes where the lizard folk eat mice, etc. Very funny stuff.

7. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

These are social animals, i mean why leave when things are great, food with no work and having someone who takes care and loves you. I would never leave- would you??

8. Dante

Dante New Member

Perhaps, most of the animals around such as cows, chickens, etc. are more domestic, etc, because we have made them that way. We've taken them in to do our bidden, etc. They're used to living a life like this. It'd be like taking a rich-boy prep and throwing him into the ghetto. He'd be eaten alive; he's been pampered all his life and now he's on his own. So, really, it's our fault they can't survive and don't know what to do. :p

And we can't particularly prove that animals are not sentient. Perhaps the kinds of animals we use for food, etc, have gotten to such a point, yes, but other animals that are left be (wolves, ravens, and even dolphins although enslaved) show signs of strange behavior (ie not that of an obedient, domesticated animal). They show signs of strategic thinking, etc (IE a crow/raven will find a carcass and will bring the attention of another creature, like a wolf, to it so that when the wolf tears open the carcass, the bird can feed on the innards easily. The wolves, in turn, leave the birds be as it is an alliance of sorts). Of course, these are animals that are left be, most typically.

But, all in all, I'm all for eating animals. I don't think them weak, stupid, etc. but really, it's natural, it's a part of life. As far as cannibalism goes... albeit I'd hate terrible to be stripped of my flesh, etc, and consumed by another wo/man, but perhaps it'll knock some of us off and get rid of the annoying people like Richard Simmons and posers. ;P