Video Games Video Games the great debate

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by UrashimaKeitaro, Jan 25, 2002.

1. UncommonCalibur

UncommonCalibur New Member

I'm going to bring this thread back on track a little bit. I used to love RPG's but with school I find myself with no time to beat a 50+ hour game. I'm a huge fan of the Devil May Cry games and anything with a robot (Mechwarrior 3, 4, all armored core games, robotech, anything gundam).

My new thing is first person shooters for the PC. I have liked FPS since Goldeneye, but stuck to console shooters for the most part. Then I played Rainbow6 Ravenshield for the PC online and fell in love. Since then Ive been downloading free online shooters from a certain website I probably shouldnt mention. Right now Im playing Halo, Combat Evolved for the PC with 16 player games. It is insane. I play this demo for hours on end. There are new weapons and vehicles in the demo. If you want the website, email me at SGM485@yahoo.com

I believe that advertising websites is against the rules :sweat:

Does anyone have any good FPS that they can recommend, I want to get really good at fragging other people :anime:

2. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

That is so true

For me: RTS & RPG, with Warcraft III, Starcraft Brood War, Red Alert 2, Age of Mythology for RTS, and for RPGs, Just about everything Square Enix is putting out, and then stuff like Breath of Fire, and Diablo II, and stuff in that vein. Mostly SNES stuff, though.

3. Novus

Novus Gone

When I actually have a working console around, I'm a huge fighting fan. Virtua Fighter Evolution is a favourite of mine. Between Sarah, Lion and Pai I can dominate just about any competitor. Of course, then my PS2 broke ...
    Since I'm in a PC-only capacity right now, I'm back to my old RPG days. Knights of the Old Republic or emulated Shining Force 2 have to be my favourites.
    I have to disagree with the old-school elitists. I enjoy a classic game as much as the next person, but I prefer cinematic masterworks like Xenosaga, KOTOR and FFX. The closest I ever saw on an old game was fast-moving sprites in the old Final Fantasies and big, anime-style still images in Phantasy Star IV. The invention of the in-game movie was really a huge improvement. Plus, sound got so much better when the move to CD was made.

4. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

I am like, teh Lion MASTER.

Also, I realized I really like platformers. Mario, Donkey Kong, Jak & Daxter/II, Rachet & Clank/Going Commando, and Voodoo Vince.

5. Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry New Member

I don't know what genre Devil May Cry is but I play on it at least all day after school and have completed it at least 70 times :anime:

Adventure game for Elder Scrolls III Morrowind. I play it all weekends nonestop until at least 11pm :anime: