Square Enix Vs.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Rai Konoko, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

I'm not sure whether this would go into debate or here so lets see.
    Subject is : Sephiroth vs. Kuja

Who would win and Why?
    I think Sephiroth would win mainly because, well he is super skilled with the masamune and he has the power to manipulate people I mean com on Kuja doesn't stand a chance. :cool:

2. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Here. I don't think Bloodberry would appreciate it if we started throwing random 'X' vs 'Y' convos in the debate forum. I'm sure I saw something similar to this somewhere else in this forum... can't remember where.

Sephiroth has been, and always will be, the biggest badass in the FF universe. Slim, sleek, and hoisting a gigantic katana, Sephiroth will reign king for a while to come yet. Can't think of any baddies that have the same jaw dropping image as the One Winged Angel at the very end of the series. Can't think of any baddies with enough balls to actually cast a summon against you that's not a scripted fight or event. Super Nova just kinda catches you with your pants down. You don't really expect it until it hits.

~W

:Edit: Found it. Here you go buddy. Kuja vs Sephiroth vs Seifer

3. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Sad.. THis is just really sad... Im sorry to Say but Sephiroth is not and never will be the Ultimate FF villian...

Who is.. Kefka is.. So what if he came out during the age when graphics were not overly slick... But Kefka Has Character, He has insanity, He Was backStabing, No regard at all for Life, PLayed with people as his toys.. Killing whoever he wanted.. And He did the Angel thing before Sephiroth.. So Just because Sephiroth LOOKED cool does not make him the ultimate villian in FF universe......

4. wertitis

I thought someone would mention Kefka.

I admit Kefka is the FF villian with the most character behind him, but he's simply not as threatening or as destructive as Sephiroth. Kefka's power lies in his politics, where as Sephiroth's power lay in himself.

Frankly I thought Kefka too dry. I couldn't even finish FF:VI. The plot never really drew me in, so I couldn't keep myself interested.

~W

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Garland.

"I, Garland, will knock you all down!"

6. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

well the fact you never finished the game shows you have no idea what your talking about when it comes to kefka..
    Kefka was nothing but destructive.. He starts out small.. small power, "a deplomate", small destruction. "tries to burn the Desert castle to the ground".. and throughout the intire story he grows in power.. and become more and more destructive... THen he gains ultimate power by betraying his empire, and Rips the world apart.. Then Builds a tower for himself and destroys towns now and then for fun.. He becomes a living god..

Sephiroth on the other hand, and this is why i hate his character.. He one days finds out he is some sort of clone.. Freaks out, then sets out to find the power to blow up the world.. thats him in a nutshell.. And to make him look threatining they give him this COOL look and a long sword.. So when you really start comparing.. He is nothing compared to kefka..

7. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Kefka is definitely the most evil villain in any FF game. But Sephiroth is the most well known. That's because FFVII was made on the Playstation, and a lot of new gamers played that game and thought it was the best game ever. They thought that Sephiroth was cool and stuff so that's why you see so many people running around with Sephiroth avatars.

To tell the truth though, I haven't played FF's III-VI so I don't know who Kuja is, or the exact extent of how Kefka acted. But even so, I still know that Kefka is the most evil due to some research. Either on Christmas or when the Revolution comes out I'll be sure to get them so I can play them. I'll probably wait for the Rev because I want to play them as they were made, not remade versions like the ones coming out for GBA and DS or the versions with upgraded graphics and CG movies on the Playstation.

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Final Fantasy IX was Kuja. And I definitely agree with Kefka. He was simply destructive for destruction's sake. He killed an entire castle via poison. He set fire to Figaro. And he split the world apart just so he could become more powerful. I'd say he's just evil incarnate.

Sephiroth was a pansy who wanted "Mommy". Kadaj and his gang were more evil than him if only because they were willing to use children. And Kadaj had this *really* mental schizophrenia going on too.

Sephiroth was also killed by Cloud. And he was even MORE of a pansy before he underwent Mako bathing. Oh, and he looks like a village person. He probably uses Herbal Essences.

9. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Why wait.. Just get a Super Nintendo Emulator for your computer and play it on your computer.. as they were originaly made.. And the New versions with the CG video bonus.. thats all it is.. is a Nice bonus.. Does not change the game play at all..

And IZZY I LOVE YOU SO MUCH..

10. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Oh yeah, I haven't played that one either. And a couple more, too.

Well I've tried Emulator stuff before and I could never get it to work right, so I'm not gonna bother with it. The Playstation version of FFI and FFII has enhanced graphics and changed to some aspects of gameplay, therefore the FFIII-VI versions could also too, but I'm not sure on that matter. I prefer to play the original version so that I can rate how the game was when it was first made and compare it to the other FF's. It's something for myself, really.

11. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

*ahem* ZNES *ahem*

Anyway, it's actually sort-of illegal to download those now. Since the Revolution's newsbreak, Nintendo reliscensed some of the older titles.

12. wertitis

Meh, this is starting to get off topic. I still lub my big baby Sephiroth. You still love Kefka. To each thier own.

I think everyone can agree Kuja is nothing in the face of either of them.

End of story?

~W

13. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Kefka gets away with dressing like a clown and *still* being evil. That's just something else!

What I do like about Sephiroth is that he isn't even IN the game until you fight alongside him in Nibelheim. Other times you see him, he's actually just an image or a Jenova tentacle. He's just sitting encased in stone. Like some sort of bishounen mosquito. Now THAT is badass. "I'll have tendrils of my mother beat you up, suck-face!".

14. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

As well as Sephy ... I actuallyrealise that Ultamecia is a badas super power, I hav to say she has no REAL rivals when it comes to power, I mean come on, a fight that lasted over an hour is a sign of a true villaines or vixen or w/e.
    I do prefer Sephiroth but Ultimecia has the bite behind the bark you know.
    Any Arguments to that? :D

15. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Or a weak party.

16. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

not a weak party , had the best equip forevery1, and every1 was on lvl 99

17. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Junction intelligently and Ultimecia is dead in minutes.

The trick in FF8 isn't to level grind, since everything scales. It's really dependant on how you junction.

18. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Technically yes. If you want Ultimecia at her weakest, try not to go past lvl 29, I believe. That way, she'll stay at lvl 50. And if you have the proper junctions Ultima/Pain/Meltdown/Holy/Meteor/-aga spells then you shouldn't even have that much trouble.

Ah yes, DO NOT FORGET TO CAST DOOMTRAIN. Why? Well, he damages, *and* tries to inflict *every* status effect on the people you use it on. That's Poison, Stop, Sleep, Berserk, Vit 0, Slow, etc etc. And it WORKS on Ultimecia.

Magic isn't really important as spells, as it is its use for making your physical attacks stronger. Don't bother using Junctions to make Elemental Attacks, just pour them into Atk, Def, Vit, etc. FFVIII is a *mostly* physical battle system, with Guardian Forces thrown in to use as Magic Spells.

Find great areas to get more spells. If you're at lvl 100, you can get lots of great magic on the Island Closest to Hell and Heaven. Lots of hidden draw points, and they regenerate pretty quickly.

If you're not, you'll just have to hunt/forage for them. The Shumi village entrance has an Ultima draw point that costs money. But, I find that I get a lot of Ultima spells on average there. Expensive, but worth it. I haven't played for quite a while, so I don't really recall where other drawpoints are. Once I found Shumi and was able to travel there, I got 100 Ultima saved up for Squall playing regularly. The game manages to give you lots of money with useless items anyway. Sell those off, and get more Ultima spells.

Also, don't let Rinoa learn anything OTHER than Invincible Moon. All of her other limits are horridly useless.

You can also "cheat" and use the Apocalypse Rush with Zell (Booya -> Punch Rush) which can net like...100 hits in 15 seconds if you're fast enough. =]

19. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Sin in my mind was one of the more Original one of a kind baddies..

20. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Yes, quick battle.

Triple x3
    Haste x3
    Triple Meteor, Limit Break, and Curaga as needed until dead.

Agreement with Garland as the baddest villain. Anyone who gets whooped by a level 2 party only to come back as the final boss who can wipe the party in one shot shows he can make a comeback like no other. :p

Kefka, Kuja, Sephiroth, Seymour, and the rest of the feminine looking/acting villains could also take pointers in how to dress and act evil.