Square Enix Vs.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Rai Konoko, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Fixed it for you.

2. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

Sin was pathetic .. all the FFX bosses where weak as hell... dunno what Square where thinkin but they really screwed up that FF. :(

3. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Kuja, Hands down. =/

4. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

I am not Talking about the final Battle.. Frankly i dont take into consideration any battles in any of the games as to who was the baddest... Were not talking about Who was the Hardest boss to kill.. were talking about who is more evil yada yada..

Sin Was just way different then your normal Bad guy.. Thats what im saying.. Was Sin a hard Boss to fight.. no.. Was SIn Original.. VERY..

I dont know much about Garland.. hmmm Well as i remember You kick the crap out of kefka A dozen of times early in the game.. And at the end you have to fight your way through his tower.. Then through his tower boss thing.. And when you meet him in the end.. He has the attack that drops all hit points to 1.. Just Square was lazy and did not give Kefka any fallow up attacks..

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

There's also the revamped Statues (which you can steal nice items from!) before fighting the Guardian mech...THEN there's the STATUES AGAIN...THEN Kefka. Marathon fighting.

I agree that Sin would be the most original. It wasn't exactly smart, and it wasn't exactly omnipotent. It let people's religious beliefs in Yu Yevon make it the powerful being it was. And, was it an easy boss? Frankly, no. But, like all FFX baddies, it wasn't difficult. If we were judging it by that, Seymour in his third form would be one of the baddest bad guys of all.

....And that thought scares me.

6. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

So does Queen Zeal in Chrono Trigger, and Lavos, and a dozen other bosses as well. While neither of them are FF games it goes to show that damage given doesn't really have anything to do with how 'badass' a boss really is. It's their image and the character behind the image that matters. The battles themselves vary from player to player based upon how he sets up his stats and skills before hand. Going in to fight Sephiroth stripped bare with no materia and only 100 hi-potions to keep you alive is going to make the fight much harder that going to fight Kefka fully loaded, fully armed and at level 99.

In terms of Character I'm forced to admit that Sephiroth is a little weak compared to some villains. I think SIN has some awesome back-story behind it given what SIN really is. However Sephiroth is still my #1 badass because of how his character is portrayed. I don't care how you go about it, how a character looks weighs heavily into what you think about him. If the final boss to FF VI was Leisure Suit Larry from Magna Cum Laude you wouldn't hold him in the same regards as Kefka because he would still come across as a geek who can't get laid, no matter how evil he gets. Kefka pulls off his looks because of the graphical limitations of the SNES. By the time something better came out he had already established himself as king sh*t in many people's books and that 'respect' or 'love' has carried over through the years. Nostalgia almost always paints a pretty picture.

I still popped my Final Fantasy 'cherry' with Sephiroth and FF VII, which is why I love the shallow bastard to death.

...and he can stomp Kuja's ass any day of the week. :D

~W

7. Orion

Orion Gears

Sin was one of the most original villans I have ever seen. Ever. Sin wasn't really easy, but he wasn't too hard like you said. FF does a good job of making every boss hard but not too hard, so everything doesn't seem impossible. I agree, Seymour wasa the baddest (in third form). My God... What a baddy. :anger2:

8. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Frankly whatever FF game you play.. If you just play the story and level up as the story evolves you will come to the final boss with Characters who for the most part will have a hard time in the fight.. Like the first time i Went through FFVI and entered Kefka's tower.. I got my ass handed to me once or twice.. and Lost most of my characters in the final battle.. But the second time i had lvl 90 somthing characters and just demolished everything in my path.. Its the same for all the Game.. Except FF8 which was backwards, something i had no clue about..

Now as for the hardest boss in a square game i ever incountered.. It was lavos in chronos trigger.. In the final form the first time i fought him.. I was battling for about an hour trying to figure out how to kill the freak..

if you look at the CG short clips with new sleak looks.. He pulls off the look no problem at all. He is a character who is supose to look angelic, but be pure evil. Sephiroth was made to look Baddass.

Also if you look at Seymour.. If you ask me someone tried to make his character to be a lot like Kefka

9. wertitis

True that, bro, but remember you didn't fall in love with the CG version of Kefka. It was the sprite that first enticed you.

I take back what I said earlier. If you work long enough on a character, even Leisure Suit Larry even he can become a badass in full CG.

...A badass with no game to speak of.

~W

10. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

If you look at AC Sephiroth, he has been changed slightly and looks more like Kefka, too. Kefka. Sephiroth. It's not a very noticable, but if you look hard enough you can definitely see it. I'm not the only person to notice this.

11. wertitis

Might be because they have the same nose, lips, and facial structure. Then again most baddies' features seem to follow a uniform facial structure pattern, especially the slim ones.

~W

12. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Oh yeah, the whole generic evil villain thing...right.

I don't see why everyone calls him slim, he doesn't look very slim in the the screen shot of him in that frozen-crystal-thingy. Can't link directly to the picture but you can find it here. Second picture on the middle row.

13. wertitis

It might be because the second and fourth one in the top row make him look like a beanpole...

...but that's off topic.

~W

14. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

He is SLIM. Look at his "real body" when he's in your party. He's abnormally skinny. Like CLAMP-manga male character skinny. In fact, he looks like Touya when he's in Guardian angel mode.

15. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Ok...yeah, he does have a really small stomach. But he still has muscle mass in the cutscenes. Maybe he's actually a girl who worked out too much.

And I don't think there's much of a real topic here anyway.

16. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

this' a littleoff topic but yeah ... somehow it makes him look cool tho havin a waste put trough a vice, non the less Sephy ROX!!! :D

17. wertitis

Kefka was always a little bit too 2-dimensional for me. Who says Sephiroth never had big plans? He got weeniefied in AC a little bit, but his goal remained the same in the game.

Destroy an entire planet and make himself a god. Kuja aint got nothing on him.

~W

18. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

truer words where never spoken or typed or w/e. :D